Page 45 of 105 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Jason's death has no business being in this show or given priority over the other characters. They should've just made a Batman show or Batfamily show.
    It does Jason is part of Dick's life, with both the cheerful Jason or rebooted jerky Jason he effect dick and thus the titans, Jason was a temporary titan when the team was fractured. I would not make him a regular, i mean i know his episode was popular but Dick and Jason were not that close which fuels his character later how he treats Tim and Damian. Jason needs to die off-screen like he is destined too.

All-New Member

I really don't get what they want to do with the show. I mean they barely developed the main characters except Dick, who sort of highjacked the first season. This despite the fact it was apparently about Raven, Trigon and forming the team but this things were sidelined to make place for Dick problems and introducing and even better presenting some secondary characters (Jason, Doom Patrol, Hank and Dawn). Even if those episodes were really good on their own they felt misplaced in large part and taking away from the main story and characters considering how short are the episodes and how few were.

Adding Jason as regular, adding Superboy who really wasn't needed, at least for now, then adding Slade kids as regulars and Deathstroke while they barely show Trigon is also weird and might fell very short. I mean, resolving Trigon in the first episode of the next season will be not just really underwhelming but quite dumb. He is by far the most powerful villain Titans ever faced and one of the most powerful characters in DC overall, having him beaten in couple episodes by a rather non functional team that barely know eachother will be beyond silly.

The series might be just as well a parade of various DC characters still focused more on few related with the Justice League (why the heck they rely that much on Batman I have no idea) and with main Titans characters just being there so they give the shows its name. Which will be a big dissapointment

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by darud View Post
    I really don't get what they want to do with the show. I mean they barely developed the main characters except Dick, who sort of highjacked the first season. This despite the fact it was apparently about Raven, Trigon and forming the team but this things were sidelined to make place for Dick problems and introducing and even better presenting some secondary characters (Jason, Doom Patrol, Hank and Dawn). Even if those episodes were really good on their own they felt misplaced in large part and taking away from the main story and characters considering how short are the episodes and how few were.

Adding Jason as regular, adding Superboy who really wasn't needed, at least for now, then adding Slade kids as regulars and Deathstroke while they barely show Trigon is also weird and might fell very short. I mean, resolving Trigon in the first episode of the next season will be not just really underwhelming but quite dumb. He is by far the most powerful villain Titans ever faced and one of the most powerful characters in DC overall, having him beaten in couple episodes by a rather non functional team that barely know eachother will be beyond silly.

The series might be just as well a parade of various DC characters still focused more on few related with the Justice League (why the heck they rely that much on Batman I have no idea) and with main Titans characters just being there so they give the shows its name. Which will be a big dissapointment
    I feel like Trigon will be a recurring threat throughout the series. But I do think that the cast is getting way to big.

At the very leas,t is Donna a regular? Since they are adding superfluous characters and she is right there.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    At the very leas,t is Donna a regular? Since they are adding superfluous characters and she is right there.
    Hasn’t that already been confirmed? I swear I read that she’s gonna be a regular in S2.

I don't know, they made her suit for S1 but I'm not sure what was going to happend with her, and since they are shoving Jason in the plot before Garth, Wally or Victor, they may just ignore her.

Quote Originally Posted by darud View Post

Maybe we should just view the show as less of a Titans series and more of a Dick Grayson show, where his predominate supporting and recurring cast are all Superheroes (which I've seen a lot of Dick Grayson fans prefer he have)...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Hasn’t that already been confirmed? I swear I read that she’s gonna be a regular in S2.
    It be nice to have a steady chracter with full access to her abilities and no emotional hangups

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    It be nice to have a steady chracter with full access to her abilities and no emotional hangups
    And she's someone that Dick can't just boss around either.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe we should just view the show as less of a Titans series and more of a Dick Grayson show, where his predominate supporting and recurring cast are all Superheroes (which I've seen a lot of Dick Grayson fans prefer he have)...
    Which is funny since there is an artwork from one scrapped Nightwing Animated series that ended up turning into Young Justice, and the plot looks similar to Titans.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/artwork-from...-dc-he-5932140

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I would be cool with that if that's how it was advertised or if Dick's character development was handled better. Titans is such a mess and I really hope season 2 does a lot better than season 1.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Last time I checked Dick is a Titan too. I know people are use to him in the background when it comes to Titan comics, but he’s actually a pretty important Titan.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 04-03-2019 at 08:30 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Last time I checked Dick is a Titan. I know people are use to him in the background when it comes to Titan comics, but he’s actually a pretty important Titan too.
    just in recent versions

In pretty much every version that matters Dick has been an important member in Titans. It’s only in the recent versions that he’s devolved into a background prop.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 04-03-2019 at 08:34 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    In pretty much every version that matters Dick has been an important character in Titans. It’s only in the recent versions that he’s devolved into a background prop.
    Well this team cam together becasue of wally so I dont mind too much
    Plus titans always kinda shafted Garth so i dont mind he getting a little shine