Page 100 of 105 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 1570
  1. #1486
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    21,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shadow6743 View Post
    I know some people may not like Donna being used as one of the infected by the Batman Who Laughs but I am glad someone at DC Comics had a pitch for Donna. If you do the same thing or nothing with a character for years in fiction they often grow stale and die. Donna is such a great character that I don't want that to happen to her.
    It's not like this is the first time Donna was made evil. Hell, it wasn't even that long ago that she was a villain.

    If they wanted to do something new or at least rarely done, have her be an actual supporting character in the WW book again.

  2. #1487
    ♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦ Godlike13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    8,974

    Default

    By having corrupted Donna say those things they made them just the rantings of a corrupted puppet. I honestly think the old guys running the comics are pissed off that the show exists and so made it a point to systematically destroy and devalue those characters one by one.

  3. #1488
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    18,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Titans' original big bad ended up being an evil, future Donna. I doubt that was originally the plan but yeah.
    Yeah, she was from a future where all the other Titans and Leaguers were dead, she'd outlived her loved ones and basically gone insane. There's one major thing odd about that though. Anyone from the Super and Wonder families shouldn't die, as they're immortal.

  4. #1489
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    21,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, she was from a future where all the other Titans and Leaguers were dead, she'd outlived her loved ones and basically gone insane. There's one major thing odd about that though. Anyone from the Super and Wonder families shouldn't die, as they're immortal.
    Amazons and Kryptonians can die. They just age slower than humans (depending on the continuity).

  5. #1490
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    1,533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shadow6743 View Post
    I know some people may not like Donna being used as one of the infected by the Batman Who Laughs but I am glad someone at DC Comics had a pitch for Donna. If you do the same thing or nothing with a character for years in fiction they often grow stale and die. Donna is such a great character that I don't want that to happen to her.
    The problem is that its a terrible, terrible pitch. What really bothers me about this whole Dark Multiverse nonsense, is that writers are so creatively bankrupt the whole Dark Multiverse line/concept is 'let's make past stories darker and edgier for no reason.'

    The worse part about Donna's situation is that based on solicits Wonder Woman is dedicating all her time and energy to saving Supergirl. Kara deserves to be saved, but Diana's top priority should be getting Donna back and let Clark deal with his cousin.

  6. #1491
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    18,788

    Default

    Maybe Diana intends to have Kara help her free Donna? Though the entire League should be on this job. Batman needs to get Commissioner Gordon back.

  7. #1492
    Mighty Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Rome, Italy
    Posts
    1,949

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    The problem is that its a terrible, terrible pitch. What really bothers me about this whole Dark Multiverse nonsense, is that writers are so creatively bankrupt the whole Dark Multiverse line/concept is 'let's make past stories darker and edgier for no reason.'

    The worse part about Donna's situation is that based on solicits Wonder Woman is dedicating all her time and energy to saving Supergirl. Kara deserves to be saved, but Diana's top priority should be getting Donna back and let Clark deal with his cousin.
    If not Diana then Dick, Wally, Roy, Garth, Kory, Gar, Vic, Cassie should (some of them need more help than Donna to be honest )). But this DC universe is too compromised by now. Nobody cares about Donna, sadly.

  8. #1493
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    45,617

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    The worse part about Donna's situation is that based on solicits Wonder Woman is dedicating all her time and energy to saving Supergirl. Kara deserves to be saved, but Diana's top priority should be getting Donna back and let Clark deal with his cousin.
    Y'know, I was kind of bothered that Clark wasn't the one focused on saving Kara, but now that you mention it...why isn't Diana putting all that effort into saving Donna?

  9. #1494
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    1,533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    If not Diana then Dick, Wally, Roy, Garth, Kory, Gar, Vic, Cassie should (some of them need more help than Donna to be honest )). But this DC universe is too compromised by now. Nobody cares about Donna, sadly.
    Dick is Ric, Roy is dead, Wally's traveling the multiverse, Garth, Raven and Beast Boy aren't being used, Starfire and Cyborg are pawns of Darkseid and Cassie just got back from a multiversal road trip. They'd care if they weren't caught up in their own issues and derailed by the editorial.

    Now that I think on it, Donna and Cassie were never that close which is sad.

  10. #1495
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    1,533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Y'know, I was kind of bothered that Clark wasn't the one focused on saving Kara, but now that you mention it...why isn't Diana putting all that effort into saving Donna?
    Clark not focusing on saving Kara kind of makes sense. Batman Who Laughs has plans to corrupt more heroes and do other bad stuff.And Bruce alone isn't going to stop BWL. He has higher priorities.

    Writers seem to think that Diana doesn't care about Donna.

  11. #1496
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    18,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Dick is Ric, Roy is dead, Wally's traveling the multiverse, Garth, Raven and Beast Boy aren't being used, Starfire and Cyborg are pawns of Darkseid and Cassie just got back from a multiversal road trip. They'd care if they weren't caught up in their own issues and derailed by the editorial.

    Now that I think on it, Donna and Cassie were never that close which is sad.
    Well, Raven and Garfield are being used - it's just that Burning Rage has to be set in the past (since they and Starfire have their Rebirth costumes, I would imagine it's replacing New 52's first Teen Titans volume in continuity. That TT run can no longer be canon as the Superboy and Kid Flash in it have been retconned out of existence). There was a Titans series set in the present involving them both, but it's cancelled. The team, however, still exists. So they should be trying to get their missing teammate back! But then, they never attempted to undo "Ric"'s amnesia, either...

  12. #1497
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3,250

    Default

    So it’s a classic set up roundhouse get free saves the day they forgive him

  13. #1498
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    So it’s a classic set up roundhouse get free saves the day they forgive him
    Yeah, but he's not saving Djinn and that's the one that truly matters. Not everyone has to hate and not trust him Djinn the only one you need that plot line for. Also, I think it will make the dynamics for the team more interesting. Everyone can forgive Roundhouse if they want to but Djinn not going to and that's more interesting in the long run.

  14. #1499
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3,250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shadow6743 View Post
    Yeah, but he's not saving Djinn and that's the one that truly matters. Not everyone has to hate and not trust him Djinn the only one you need that plot line for. Also, I think it will make the dynamics for the team more interesting. Everyone can forgive Roundhouse if they want to but Djinn not going to and that's more interesting in the long run.
    2020 is gonna be a long year djinn described being imprisoned as worse then death and so she will likely want to kill roundhouse when she gets out

  15. #1500
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    2020 is gonna be a long year djinn described being imprisoned as worse then death and so she will likely want to kill roundhouse when she gets out
    Yeah, but she is also going to have to deal with her brother too. She may have her hands full. Doesn't mean she won't have time to force choke him like she did Emiko.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •