Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
Donna was Dick’s best friend, Wally a close second. And Dick hasn’t beaten the crap out of Roy, though he should be able to beat the crap out of Roy , cause Dick doesn’t get anything out of beating Roy up. No one is trying to prove Dick is at Roy’s level. That’s why Dick is the one always taking the hits, and Wally too. This isn’t a singular moment. This is the straw that broke the camels back.
This is part of why the Titans is toxic for Dick. The fact they have fans saying how the others should beat him up or punch him, which is ok but say Dick should punch them and how dare you, and despite how obvious it is will defend how it’s ok for Dick to do nothing and be portrayed like crap just proves it. I knew Dick was gonna be in trouble when Abnett had Dick running away screaming in TH, and then be told how that’s ok cause Dick is weak and feeble and like every Bat character is always favored...
Fans aren't calling for Dick to be beat up. I said that because it was a moment of complete and utter stupidity for everyone and would be an actual character thing Roy would do. And it was also a call back to Titans #16 which is a favorite issue of mine. Roy punching Dick actually saved the team because they were trapped in limbo.