Page 21 of 105 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast
    Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Why's that?
    I think its how he got them there. Can Damian even contain Atomic Skull by himself? Did he defeat them with the team then capture them or by himself?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Very, her Jupiter family connections need to be explored again.
    Lilith is sooooooo underrated. She could easily end up being DC's Emma/Jean level complicated telepath.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Very, her Jupiter family connections need to be explored again.
    I hated the retcon they put on her.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I think its how he got them there. Can Damian even contain Atomic Skull by himself? Did he defeat them with the team then capture them or by himself?
    So it’s not so much the prision itself that bothers you as it is who he’s got locked away inside it? I can understand that.

Spectacular Member

wrong thread, sorry
    Last edited by Ironmonk; 01-24-2019 at 11:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I hated the retcon they put on her.
    I liked it, it gave more backstory to her. She was basically a copy of Donna looking for her parents before this. And Jupiter was an established Titans character that actually effected the books in a positive way I think.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I preferred the retcon of making Lilith the daughter of Loren Jupiter over the daughter of the Titan god Thia which even back then I felt was a little too contrived and convenient. I had hoped when she was brought back with Rebirth to be part of the Titans that not only would more be done with her character, but she would also have more consistent appearances, but alas that was not to be the case. (Just as an aside, her powers could be exceptionally done on TV and she would be a cool addition to the Titans tv series.)

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I preferred the retcon of making Lilith the daughter of Loren Jupiter over the daughter of the Titan god Thia which even back then I felt was a little too contrived and convenient. I had hoped when she was brought back with Rebirth to be part of the Titans that not only would more be done with her character, but she would also have more consistent appearances, but alas that was not to be the case. (Just as an aside, her powers could be exceptionally done on TV and she would be a cool addition to the Titans tv series.)
    I feel like Lillith's role as a (heroic) telepath has been underutilized in the DCU. Frankly, they don't have that many prominent telepathic heroes (whereas Marvel seems to be dripping in them!) Abnett seemed to be leaning into powering her up, until she was thrown to the wayside with the roster change.

And yes, yes, yes Ms. Martian is currently filling that role...but I'd rather see her on YJ and have Lillith in the Titans.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I'm still not convinced that Miss Martian wasn't originally going to be Lilith in the current run. She was one of Dan's favorites and we know that Miss Martian was forced on him super late by editorial.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I dont see it with Lilith honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I dont see it with Lilith honestly.
    You don't seem to like most of the lower Titans.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    I feel like Lillith's role as a (heroic) telepath has been underutilized in the DCU. Frankly, they don't have that many prominent telepathic heroes (whereas Marvel seems to be dripping in them!) Abnett seemed to be leaning into powering her up, until she was thrown to the wayside with the roster change.

And yes, yes, yes Ms. Martian is currently filling that role...but I'd rather see her on YJ and have Lillith in the Titans.
    With her telepathy, Lilith could act as a counselor for heroes with issues. It would make her more relevant to the DC universe and based on recent events, there needs to be at least one hero who is a competent shrink.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I'm still not convinced that Miss Martian wasn't originally going to be Lilith in the current run. She was one of Dan's favorites and we know that Miss Martian was forced on him super late by editorial.
    Which Dan? Ten char.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Which Dan? Ten char.
    All moot now. 'Titans' ending with issue 36. Seriously!

I think we can thank Tom King for that. Nightwing getting shot in Batman derailed the plans for both Nightwing's solo book and Titans. So now they're wrapping up Raven's storyline and then calling it a day.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman