Page 40 of 105 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

So I i read the new issue and....

spoilers:
    Damian and RA's friendship is getting tense due to Damian not telling her the plans first. Wallace really wants DS behind bars, he wants visual proof. They plan to ambuse him but it fails but the energy from the fat dude(forgot his name) and Wallace's speedforce overloaded the ikon suit and knocked slade out. Slade wakes up to Damian(posted this on reddit). And the issue ends with Wallace finding out about the prison and DS smiling since he claims he can escape any time. DS plans on staying prisoner in order to save Damian from this dark path.
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member

Also not really spoilerish but the issue confirmed that the Fab 5 titans have been dealing with DS since the days of the original TTS which was 10 years ago. So this is just further proof that they are subtly making pre Flashpoint events canon again.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Man season 2 is going to be packed. I wish they would've just focused on the actual NTT team. Hawk, Dove, Jason, and Kon need to kick rocks and find another show or wait till further seasons. Kori still hasn't been properly explored, Donna is most likely going to get her stories covered next season, Beast Boy might get more development and now the Wilson family is most likely going to take up episodes as well.
    Considering the guest stars seemed to garner more positive response then the actual Titans and their stories, maybe that's something the creators want to continue playing into?

But I will say all these different characters make the series seem a tad un-focused.
    Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I guess they might try and combine Rose and Terra's character into one, but I dunno. Also the casting for Jerrico is a bit weird in that the person isn't even an actor. More of a deaf and trans activist/personality.
    I mean, that sounds good for Jericho at least from accuracy to his disability...and I think Johns said their going to keep him being bisexual (or gay) so having someone who's openly part of the LGBTQ community play him is probably intentional.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post

spoilers:
    Damian and RA's friendship is getting tense due to Damian not telling her the plans first. Wallace really wants DS behind bars, he wants visual proof. They plan to ambuse him but it fails but the energy from the fat dude(forgot his name) and Wallace's speedforce overloaded the ikon suit and knocked slade out. Slade wakes up to Damian(posted this on reddit). And the issue ends with Wallace finding out about the prison and DS smiling since he claims he can escape any time. DS plans on staying prisoner in order to save Damian from this dark path.
    end of spoilers
    How did you manage to read an issue one day before it hits the stands?

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Priest is just obsessed with the whole Deathstroke "teaching" Damian thing. It is one of the few things I am not particularly fond of from his Deathstroke as he does it way too often. It was interesting the first time, but then he did it several more times since then which feels too much.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, that sounds good for Jericho at least from accuracy to his disability...and I think Johns said their going to keep him being bisexual (or gay) so having someone who's openly part of the LGBTQ community play him is probably intentional.
    I think a deaf actor would have been better as this feels a bit gimmicky, but who knows how big a role they will play. Guess we will see. Thinking about it more I really think they will combine Terra and Rose's character as a way to sidestep all the child molestation stuff with Terra/Deathstroke.

spoilers:
    Priest is just obsessed with the whole Deathstroke "teaching" Damian thing. It is one of the few things I am not particularly fond of from his Deathstroke as he does it way too often. It was interesting the first time, but then he did it several more times since then which feels too much.
    end of spoilers

Priest wrote the Batman issues 431-432 which is LoA heavy. I always wondered if this interest in Damian is just his way of satisfying his Ra's/Batman boner.

I don't mind it though. Damian+Deathstoke = great banter.
    Last edited by dietrich; 03-20-2019 at 06:37 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelman View Post
    How did you manage to read an issue one day before it hits the stands?
    I didn't. As soon as it hit 12pm EST in the U.S. Amazon Kindle has it available.

Astonishing Member

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

I think a deaf actor would have been better as this feels a bit gimmicky, but who knows how big a role they will play. Guess we will see. Thinking about it more I really think they will combine Terra and Rose's character as a way to sidestep all the child molestation stuff with Terra/Deathstroke.
    Honestly, I think that Priest feels that Damian would work better as a villain.

I didn't. As soon as it hit 12pm EST in the U.S. Amazon Kindle has it available.
    12pm? I would've thought it would be 12am - pm is noon, not midnight. Anyway, you posted that spoiler at 4.14am UK time, which I assume is 12.14am for you. Makes perfect sense that it would be released at midnight.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Honestly, I think that Priest feels that Damian would work better as a villain.
    I think he definitely prefers a more...complicated heroic Damian.

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    You sure complain alot about what Priest is doing wrong, maybe it's time to stop reading what he writes then...

Also there are two writers attached to this story, let's not act like this crossover is b/c of Priest or that Priest has the power/status to "force" storylines.

~~~~

In any case I am wondering what Adam plans on doing with the Teen Titans after this crossover...

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    You sure complain alot about what Priest is doing wrong, maybe it's time to stop reading what he writes then...

Also there are two writers attached to this story, let's not act like this crossover is b/c of Priest or that Priest has the power/status to "force" storylines.

~~~~

In any case I am wondering what Adam plans on doing with the Teen Titans after this crossover...
    Oh my bad for having a different opinion about a direction a writer took his series. I didn't realize that I wasn't allowed to be critical of Priest's Deathstroke.

Fantastic Member

I read the issue. I still think this is just Deathstroke, saying he is "fixing" Damian when really, he just wants to get out of the sight of both the superheroes and law enforcement. Makes the Teen Titans think they took him out for good and goes back to being a killer for hire without all the heat.

Fantastic Member primenumber101's Avatar

Just the quick question, should Beast Boy allow to have his solo run again? I mean Starfire and Raven got some solo runs before and last time he got his solo run was back in 2000s. Do you guy think it would be good idea for Beast Boy to have his solo run?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by primenumber101 View Post
    Just the quick question, should Beast Boy allow to have his solo run again? I mean Starfire and RavIf ten got some solo runs before and last time he got his solo run was back in 2000s. Do you guy think it would be good idea for Beast Boy to have his solo run?
    not really. dc keeps doing the same thing with him over and over and theres too many teams and chars deserving a solo rn than him.