Page 102 of 105 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105 LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 1570
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I don't care if it's an elseworlds or not - it's multiple writers take on Dick's future, which isn't with Barbara, it's with Kori. I don't think that there's a real 'choice' from editorial between the two of them one way or the other, but there are more instances of Kori being Dick's endgame than Babs; the only time I can think of off the top of my head where Dick and Babs is endgame is one version of Dick from Convergence.

Marv Wolfman had full creative control of Grayson for the entire 1980s - as Robin for a large part of that and then when the bat office wanted Robin back they weren't allowed to have Dick. During that time is when he became Nightwing and was defined by his relationship with Kori, his time as what was the leader in the DCU, and more. When the Bat office took Dick back in the nineties, it wasn't a good look. It was retconned in that he slept with Babs the night before his wedding to Kori, that isn't a good look for either of them. And what's more than that Dick and Kori kept going back to each other all throughout the late nineties and the entire 2000s. Dick's highest profile relationship outside of comics is with Kori, not Babs. He was with her in the cartoon, has a 'will they won't they' with her in the live-action show, is with her in the DCAU, etc. Editorial is more likely to be inclined toward Dick and Kori being a thing than Dick and Babs.
    Dude it’s been almost 20 year let it go

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    I'm surprised some aren't liking the art since it's what finally won me over to giving the book a chance.
    It's the way the artist draws lips. Especially when the characters are talking. It's just sooooo...off-putting. It's actually kinda funny. In trying to go for a more realistic approach to the art style, he's made everyone look more cartoony.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I don't care if it's an elseworlds or not - it's multiple writers take on Dick's future, which isn't with Barbara, it's with Kori. I don't think that there's a real 'choice' from editorial between the two of them one way or the other, but there are more instances of Kori being Dick's endgame than Babs; the only time I can think of off the top of my head where Dick and Babs is endgame is one version of Dick from Convergence.

Marv Wolfman had full creative control of Grayson for the entire 1980s - as Robin for a large part of that and then when the bat office wanted Robin back they weren't allowed to have Dick. During that time is when he became Nightwing and was defined by his relationship with Kori, his time as what was the leader in the DCU, and more. When the Bat office took Dick back in the nineties, it wasn't a good look. It was retconned in that he slept with Babs the night before his wedding to Kori, that isn't a good look for either of them. And what's more than that Dick and Kori kept going back to each other all throughout the late nineties and the entire 2000s. Dick's highest profile relationship outside of comics is with Kori, not Babs. He was with her in the cartoon, has a 'will they won't they' with her in the live-action show, is with her in the DCAU, etc. Editorial is more likely to be inclined toward Dick and Kori being a thing than Dick and Babs.
    Editorial seems more inclined to push Dick and Babs to me.The best solution to the Dick, Starfire and Babs love triangle/relationship drama that the editorial keeps pushing is to have all three of them in a relationship with each other.

Spectacular Member Grandmaster_J's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    The current Teen Titans isn't the TT I wanted but it's my favorite we've gotten since the NU52 reboot. Glass and Chang are killing it. I'm surprised some aren't liking the art since it's what finally won me over to giving the book a chance. Once I read the first tpb I was hooked. Crush is my current favorite btw. I'm really hoping the book continues on with Glass/Chang and they add a couple of new members eventually like Aqualad.
    I only just hate the way Chang draws Wallace's suit..

kf.jpg

other than that. I'm perfectly fine with the art, even the lips everyone dislikes.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Editorial seems more inclined to push Dick and Babs to me.The best solution to the Dick, Starfire and Babs love triangle/relationship drama that the editorial keeps pushing is to have all three of them in a relationship with each other.
    lol which will never happen, Bruce and Selina are stalling everything. You see the drama just for them to get married and not even legally. Once they do In a few year It might be okay for babs and dick. Dick Has spoken to starfire in comic time mabey 4x across 7 years since they were couple. She has been in space since before he even got shot. They are in different tracks now. The real issue here is that starfire has never had anyone else. Where Dick has had more then a few romances. Even Babs has gotten around.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I think it's because Nightwing is still primarily a Batfamily character editorial-wise, so there's more emphasis on his relationships there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster_J View Post
    I only just hate the way Chang draws Wallace's suit..

kf.jpg

other than that. I'm perfectly fine with the art, even the lips everyone dislikes.
    Wow, Wallace sure pulled his pants up there...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it's because Nightwing is still primarily a Batfamily character editorial-wise, so there's more emphasis on his relationships there.
    At the same time though they had no problems making Starfire supporting cast for Red Hood.

Glass is leaving. Djinn War is his final arc.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/12...n-war-netflix/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I could see them bringing the series to an end.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Same, wouldnt be surprised that they end it so Bendis can lead the teenage hero books.

Although, it could be a great way to rest the brand and then reboot Titans and TT together.

Agreed. Glass has clearly wrapped up all the hanging threads. What they do next depends on what this 5G thing is. If it's a linewide relaunch, they'll wait and relaunch the book then. If it's just an event similar to Future's End, or an imprint like Marvel's MC2, then they could relaunch TT immediately (with a new #1). Either way, I would expect a new roster.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Glass is leaving. Djinn War is his final arc.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/12...n-war-netflix/
    I don't....wanna say that I'm happy about this...but I'm okay with it.

I want one good Titans book lead by Donna Troy, with Dick as the second in command.
    The others would be:

Raven
    Changeling
    Natasha Irons
    Bunker
    Argent

I'd want it to be a cool mix of different iterations. While this would be the main team, the Titans would be a large organization with members all over the world (plus Starfir and Cyborg still operating from space).
    They'd be a lot more accessible to regular citizens than the god-like Justice League, so the Titans would usually be the first heroes contacted to protect the population from metahuman threats.

If they don't announce someone new soon, I'm assuming it is.

Extraordinary Member

why do people always say this?

anyway it takes 6 months for an arc to happen. We will see, I know damian will be making guest appearance in LEGION with Jon, as nightwing returns he can be seen in his supporting cast again, he will also be appearing in DCuniverse Harley quinn, so if bendis wasnt to screw with him too........