Page 13 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    It's mainly lead by those who don't read her book. I read her run and still don't get the hate myself.
    I've read her run and I still think she was not implemented into the Iron Man books as well as she would have, but I think the main issue is that she got bogged down by all the problems with Bendis' Iron Man run.
    And yeah I can see that. I mean if you have Ben there-doing stuff he did not do in Supergirl-why is she there? Should have had her in Cyborg's book instead of Variant.
    Wasn't she in Superwoman at the time?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is the Winick Titans run worth a read?
    It's not the Titans. It's the Winickans...so, no.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Funny how Winnick had the same problem Abnett is having now with Nightwing being part of the Titans. Both had to take him out of the team because something was happening in the Batfamily.

Except Dick became Batman during Winnick's run.
    And now we have... Ric.

Extraordinary Member

I finally took the plunge and ordered the entire Wolfman run.

I was rereading Teen Titans #43 and in the letters to the creative team they reference the name Saga of the Supersons for the children of Batman and Superman. Always learn something new whenever I read these pages.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I've read her run and I still think she was not implemented into the Iron Man books as well as she would have, but I think the main issue is that she got bogged down by all the problems with Bendis' Iron Man run.

Wasn't she in Superwoman at the time?
    I heard she was but I never read that book because a lot of my stores never sold it beyond issue 6. You can always find issue 1 in a bin but the rest are hard to find.

I do wonder if those who had issues with Riri would have had those issues if Rhodey's niece took over in Iron Man. She already had a link to Iron man and a reason to build her own armor in memory of Uncle Jim.

Funny how Winnick had the same problem Abnett is having now with Nightwing being part of the Titans. Both had to take him out of the team because something was happening in the Batfamily.

Except Dick became Batman during Winnick's run.
    And now we have... Ric.
    And this is why you need to build up those who are NOT linked to other books. So if you have to write Dick or Wally out-you have fully built folks to take over instead of the mess we see now.

So from what I'm gathering people here don't expect much from this series and the characters for 2019.

And here I was planning on catching up b/c I've only been reading Damian's team.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I do wonder if those who had issues with Riri would have had those issues if Rhodey's niece took over in Iron Man. She already had a link to Iron man and a reason to build her own armor in memory of Uncle Jim.
    A lot of Tony fans (and others) would say yes but lets be honest here, they forgot she even existed ...they've never once uttered that character's name even in reference to Rhodey, it wasn't until one person mentioned Rhodey's neice that people started jumping on that as a reason why they were resistant to Riri ...watching it play out was hilariously predictable.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I finally took the plunge and ordered the entire Wolfman run.
    Awesome. Looking forward to your thoughts on Wolfman's New Teen Titans.

Teen Titans Giant is relaunching, I assume for synergy with the streaming TV series.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    A lot of Tony fans (and others) would say yes but lets be honest here, they forgot she even existed ...they've never once uttered that character's name even in reference to Rhodey, it wasn't until one person mentioned Rhodey's neice that people started jumping on that as a reason why they were resistant to Riri ...watching it play out was hilariously predictable.
    She was in his mini series and mentioned at the funeral. So to a point folks knew of her.

Funny we still don't see her despite Uncle Jim being back.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Teen Titans Giant is relaunching, I assume for synergy with the streaming TV series.
    Is this part from the main timeline?

So are these reprints or what? Every time I look at these covers with pre-flashpoint mixed with other more modern DC stuff hurts my head.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    So are these reprints or what? Every time I look at these covers with pre-flashpoint mixed with other more modern DC stuff hurts my head.
    they're a mixture of reprints and original stuff.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Astonishing Member

Is there any website where I can read the previous issues of TT Giant? I've only been able to find the first issue on the usual websites.

There's no digital edition, and issue 1 of each title seems to be all the pirates scanned. Even if there was somewhere, we can't post the link here.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman