Page 2 of 105 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    This is series is the reason why the adult Titans should just move on with their lives and the franchise already. The book is exactly what the Titans series should represent. A group of young heroes on their own learning and growing together instead having a bunch of adult characters stuck in the past doing the same thing they were doing as teens. I feel bad that this version of the Teen Titans will probably be overshadowed by the new Young Justice book soon and I wonder if/when they relaunch this Teen Titans book do they keep this team.
    Well when you have Abnett writing them that's the main issue. The team becomes a group of ineffectual dramatic idiots who will do whatever the JL says. The problem is DC's attitude and direction or lack thereof.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Well when you have Abnett writing them that's the main issue. The team becomes a group of ineffectual dramatic idiots who will do whatever the JL says. The problem is DC's attitude and direction or lack thereof.
    Abnett is a major problem, but I feel that with the adults Titans still stuck in the franchise that undercuts this new Titans team. It limits the growth of the new team from being the sole team in the franchise. Instead of letting characters like Starfire or Raven grow up and move on they are going to continue to shove them back to be in whatever Titans team there is like they've done time and time again. Then you add Dick's generation on top of that getting shoved back into the franchise then it causes even more problems and more limitations for this new team. It is just a mess when the Titans as a concept is such a simple and easy one to do.

Abnett is a major problem, but I feel that with the adults Titans still stuck in the franchise that undercuts this new Titans team. It limits the growth of the new team from being the sole team in the franchise. Instead of letting characters like Starfire or Raven grow up and move on they are going to continue to shove them back to be in whatever Titans team there is like they've done time and time again. Then you add Dick's generation on top of that getting shoved back into the franchise then it causes even more problems and more limitations for this new team. It is just a mess when the Titans as a concept is such a simple and easy one to do.
    I don't see how the concept is the problem like everything else it's a problem of management. The Titans are a team consisting of Teen Titans grown up, nothing flawed or broken about it. It's a team like the Outsiders, JLA, JSA, etc. DC constantly belittling them or tearing it apart or putting members on back on the teen version are problems.

A lot of writers reuse old Titans troupes like there's a traitor, or Nightwing is keeping secrets, Donna doesn't know who she is, members quitting. Writers keep using the same tricks as well. I think this is part of the cause of the mismanagement, Titans keeps getting unimaginative writers who play it safe and do the same retread of old stories.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

I don't see how the concept is the problem like everything else it's a problem of management. The Titans are a team consisting of Teen Titans grown up, nothing flawed or broken about it. It's a team like the Outsiders, JLA, JSA, etc. DC constantly belittling them or tearing it apart or putting members on back on the teen version are problems.
    I don't think that is true though. Teams like the Outsiders, JSA or JLA are consistent in their purpose and reasoning. They go through different rosters and casts, but the team concept is still the same throughout. With the Titans that isn't the case. As teens they were a group of young heroes learning about themselves and learning to working together as heroes, but as adults they aren't that anymore but all this is stuck underneath the Titans franchise and branding. They are fundamentally different concepts and why it is broken. That is the main reason for most of the team's problems. The jumbled roster is because they are trying to force so many different generations of characters into the same Titans team mold without letting them grow up from the team, which leads to repeating the same stories again and again, and why the adult Titans who are stuck on the team still get treated like teens, or get belittled by other adult heroes, is because you are trying to force adult heroes to be on a team and franchise that is designed to help foster and grow young heroes causing the adult Titans to always be looked at from a lesser position.
    Last edited by Badou; 01-02-2019 at 05:01 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Did we need to reboot the thread?

Astonishing Member

This is series is the reason why the adult Titans should just move on with their lives and the franchise already. The book is exactly what the Titans series should represent. A group of young heroes on their own learning and growing together instead having a bunch of adult characters stuck in the past doing the same thing they were doing as teens. I feel bad that this version of the Teen Titans will probably be overshadowed by the new Young Justice book soon and I wonder if/when they relaunch this Teen Titans book do they keep this team.
    I think that Damian, KF and Emiko will be fine when/if the TT get retooled. Everyone else, I'm not so sure.

Astonishing Member

A lot of writers reuse old Titans troupes like there's a traitor, or Nightwing is keeping secrets, Donna doesn't know who she is, members quitting. Writers keep using the same tricks as well. I think this is part of the cause of the mismanagement, Titans keeps getting unimaginative writers who play it safe and do the same retread of old stories.
    The entire franchise needs a retool. It would help some of the characters a great deal. Step 2 is to limit what the writers can do:no Judas Contract rehash, killing characters for shock value and basically no rehashed plot lines.

Astonishing Member

Ah man. Did they really lock all the prior threads? Geeze.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Did we need to reboot the thread?
    They were locked. Take it up with the mods.

Ultimate Member

They are going to get BURIED.

Because not only by Young Justice (due to whose name is on the package) but Champions at Marvel as well. Because those books will be what folks wanted Teen Titans to be.

DC has ruined this franchise. And if you try again-who do you use for the roster?

New guys? Yeah that worked so well for Hotspot didn't. Trolled in one book and killed in another.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    They are going to get BURIED.

Because not only by Young Justice (due to whose name is on the package) but Champions at Marvel as well. Because those books will be what folks wanted Teen Titans to be.

DC has ruined this franchise. And if you try again-who do you use for the roster?

New guys? Yeah that worked so well for Hotspot didn't. Trolled in one book and killed in another.
    Honest question. Do you actually enjoy anything?
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

The first time I heard about Teen Titans was from this page. I was reading a random Batman story, when suddenly Robin has grown up and like girls.

6334d833c102cd828f146edfff3db649._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

I thought Donna was Dick's girlfriend because he's a Wonder Boy and she's Wonder Girl... also because of the way they talk about girls in this page.

Oh and I also wondered why is Joker a girl. Is that Joker? No, it's not. They call her Harlequin. Who is that? I knew nothing, and then the scene was over. No explanation.

I don't think that is true though. Teams like the Outsiders, JSA or JLA are consistent in their purpose and reasoning. They go through different rosters and casts, but the team concept is still the same throughout. With the Titans that isn't the case. As teens they were a group of young heroes learning about themselves and learning to working together as heroes, but as adults they aren't that anymore but all this is stuck underneath the Titans franchise and branding. They are fundamentally different concepts and why it is broken. That is the main reason for most of the team's problems. The jumbled roster is because they are trying to force so many different generations of characters into the same Titans team mold without letting them grow up from the team, which leads to repeating the same stories again and again, and why the adult Titans who are stuck on the team still get treated like teens, or get belittled by other adult heroes, is because you are trying to force adult heroes to be on a team and franchise that is designed to help foster and grow young heroes causing the adult Titans to always be looked at from a lesser position.
    Well, I think at it's heart the Titans is a team for burgeoning young heroes and outcasts, whether they be young, old, teens, adults, etc. and I think that can be pretty accurately represented with any roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, I think at it's heart the Titans is a team for burgeoning young heroes and outcasts, whether they be young, old, teens, adults, etc. and I think that can be pretty accurately represented with any roster.
    Only teens can join the Titans franchise. It puts a cap on how the Titans teams can be viewed and depicted in the DCU. At most they will allow in legacy characters who might be young adults join the other adult Titans, who are on the team because they were teens before, but the team is capped on what kind of heroes can join it. Other adult teams do not have this issue. A Mr Terrific or Animal Man aren't going to suddenly join the Titans next relaunch. So the Titans team and franchise is firmly stuck in the "young heroes" mold and it causes them to be constantly looked down on by other adult teams. This is fine for a team of actual teens, but when you have heroes that have been adults for decades, many who have had their own children, the Titans franchise is more of a detriment to them. They need to grow up and move on and leave the franchise to the actual young heroes (which there are tons now) instead of doing the same things they did as teens but are now two generations removed from being the "young heroes".
    Last edited by Badou; 01-02-2019 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    The first time I heard about Teen Titans was from this page. I was reading a random Batman story, when suddenly Robin has grown up and like girls.

6334d833c102cd828f146edfff3db649._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

I thought Donna was Dick's girlfriend because he's a Wonder Boy and she's Wonder Girl... also because of the way they talk about girls in this page.

Oh and I also wondered why is Joker a girl. Is that Joker? No, it's not. They call her Harlequin. Who is that? I knew nothing, and then the scene was over. No explanation.
    I really wish we could have a revamp of Duela, I'm so tired of the crazy girl running around with Joker's old cut off face. I can't believe that was an idea that was approved.

As for Dick and Donna dating I really think they would make a great end game type of couple. Like Lois and Clark. At least the pre-52 versions of them I mean.