Page 24 of 105 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

I think what we have here is a similar situation to Raven's. I don't think Djinn is evil but her presence in the Titans may make them a target for whatever is haunting her.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Or Crush is just, you know.... jealous
    Y'know... when the dust settles it wouldn't surprise me if Djinn and Crush ended up a couple. I think a being such as a 4000 year old genie would probably be flexible when it comes to sexual preference.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelman View Post
    I think what we have here is a similar situation to Raven's. I don't think Djinn is evil but her presence in the Titans may make them a target for whatever is haunting her.
    This does make sense

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelman View Post
    Y'know... when the dust settles it wouldn't surprise me if Djinn and Crush ended up a couple. I think a being such as a 4000 year old genie would probably be flexible when it comes to sexual preference.
    True. Although, I kinda wanna see how Damian would act in a relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Abnett was wanting Nightwing out of Titans since forever. I didn't see the statement myself, but according to some people on the forum, he bragged about "wiping his butt" with Nightwing--the only reason many of us had for buying the book at all.
    What. Literally when did he ever say anything like that?

The last he spoke about the Titans, iirc, was to say he has a hard time keeping in line with whatever **** the rest of DC is doing, i.e. King shooting Dick in the head and also reserving Wally and Roy for HiC deaths.

I think we can all say he was not a good Nightwing writer (although there were times where he did good imo), but maybe spreading lies about people is something we should be avoiding?

Again he probably got that from me. Though I never said Abnett actually said that, just that it seem that way. Let’s be clear here, Dick has been under Abnett for years and he didn’t do **** with him. When he wasn’t having him running away screaming, he repeatedly fed him to the other members of the team. There wasn’t an arc where Dick didn’t need to be rescued by one of the others members they were trying to highlight, from Wally to Bumblebee. He even lead into the roster turnover by having Roy flagrantly mock and wipe his ass with Nightwing. And he was one of the only characters Abnett was keeping. I’m not even gonna get into the **** he did with him and Batman. So let’s not pretend Dick being taken away, after years of writing him, is some injustice. As bad as Dick being shot in the head has turned out to be, and it’s some of the the lowest of the lowest crap, being taken away from Abnett was the one positive. Again Abnett had years with this character. He was writing him during Grayson, and he even almost immediately undermined that by having him just pull out his Nightwing costume, seemly out his trunk, and put it on. If Abnett wanted Nightwing on either team, it sure as hell didn’t seem like it.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-02-2019 at 12:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster_J View Post
    Yeah, but that shouldn't be a surprise or some secret she's just finding out about. The team knew about Djinn's feelings for Robin since issue 22, and it was Crush who first made fun of them for it. It's like Glass totally forgot he wrote that....
    I think it’s perfectly reasonable for Crush to still be jealous, especially after she bonded with Djinn in issue 25.

Or at least frustrated.

Spectacular Member Grandmaster_J's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JinSoul View Post
    I think it’s perfectly reasonable for Crush to still be jealous, especially after she bonded with Djinn in issue 25.
    Yeah, I get it. I'm not saying she shouldn't feel jealous or a little hurt but the way it was written and presented came across like she was just finding out or something.

Favorite modern mix of characters as TITANS. Both visually (except maybe Gold Stretchy Cyborg) and with regards to characters chemistry...
    Argent is close enough to fulfill the usually vacant “green lantern” void.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Favorite modern mix of characters as TITANS. Both visually (except maybe Gold Stretchy Cyborg) and with regards to characters chemistry...
    I really wish they had Linda Danvers/Mae/Matrix officially apart of this lineup. I think it would have been more interesting and had Damage with the JSA characters instead.
    Richard Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I think it's definitely a strong roster and a good mix of Titans characters, and I haven't even read this run yet .

For what it's worth, there is a New Teen Titans sighting in this week's Superman. I don't have any ability to post the image, but in the scene where Jon is sleeping in his room on Jor-El's ship, a Titans team is shown on the holographic video screen. The team appears to consist of Dick Grayson Robin, Starfire, Raven, and Beast Boy. I guess you could argue that it is Tim in the image, but it looks too old to be Tim and the costume matches Dick's costume from the Teen Titans animated show. Also, I don't recall a team with Tim that included all those characters. Of course it could also be Damian, which would fit with Jon's regrets about not being on the Titans, but in that case he really looks too old.
    Last edited by Dzetoun; 02-13-2019 at 01:45 PM.

That is Tim. It's the Walmart Teen Titans Giant team.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    For what it's worth, there is a New Teen Titans sighting in this week's Superman. I don't have any ability to post the image, but in the scene where Jon is sleeping in his room on Jor-El's ship, a Titans team is shown on the holographic video screen. The team appears to consist of Dick Grayson Robin, Starfire, Raven, and Beast Boy. I guess you could argue that it is Tim in the image, but it looks too old to be Tim and the costume matches Dick's costume from the Teen Titans animated show. Also, I don't recall a team with Tim that included all those characters. Of course it could also be Damian, which would fit with Jon's regrets about not being on the Titans, but in that case he really looks too old.
    The Robin on the screen looked too old to be Damian or Tim. I think it was Dick in his old Robin costume. My guess is that this was a teaser of the Titans roster after Abnett's run is over. Based on some of the lines in YJ and the current state of DC's continuity, I'm starting to think that Bendis's books are taking place after Doomsday Clock. BB being a TT member would match up with Cassie's comments in YJ since the New 52 run(apparently) has been rectoned or is being ignored by Bendis.

Although Dick is going back to Robin, its not a good move. But its better than Ric.