Page 3 of 105 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

So the first Teen Titans book I read was this one

DIG010141_1._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Coming without ever reading any other Teen Titans, it wasn't as bad as I expected to be. It's just okay. Eventually, I stopped reading, not because I don't like it but because of the way the next story arc, a crossover, was collected. 2 issues in Teen Titans, 2 issues in Legion of Superheroes, 2 issues in Legion Lost, and the Teen Titans annual was only available in The Culling trade alongside all the other issues. There's no way I'm double dipping just for one Annual so I stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    So the first Teen Titans book I read was this one

DIG010141_1._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Coming without ever reading any other Teen Titans, it wasn't as bad as I expected to be. It's just okay. Eventually, I stopped reading, not because I don't like it but because of the way the next story arc, a crossover, was collected. 2 issues in Teen Titans, 2 issues in Legion of Superheroes, 2 issues in Legion Lost, and the Teen Titans annual was only available in The Culling trade alongside all the other issues. There's no way I'm double dipping just for one Annual so I stopped.
    I feel so sorry for you that this was your first exposure to the team.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Lol. I think that goes for most of the new 52. If most of those iterations were your first intro to these characters than you got the short end of the stick. As well as a misrepresentation of these great characters.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Scott Lobdell and Brett Booth, maybe the worst couple ever!

I have to admit I loved Lobdell work on Red Hood & the Outlaws with Bizarro and Artemis only to hate him again on Nightwing.

Astonishing Member

If Mother Blood can speak through Beast Boy by using the Red does that mean she can also control him?

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Only teens can join the Titans franchise. It puts a cap on how the Titans teams can be viewed and depicted in the DCU. At most they will allow in legacy characters who might be young adults join the other adult Titans, who are on the team because they were teens before, but the team is capped on what kind of heroes can join it. Other adult teams do not have this issue. A Mr Terrific or Animal Man aren't going to suddenly join the Titans next relaunch. So the Titans team and franchise is firmly stuck in the "young heroes" mold and it causes them to be constantly looked down on by other adult teams. This is fine for a team of actual teens, but when you have heroes that have been adults for decades, many who have had their own children, the Titans franchise is more of a detriment to them. They need to grow up and move on and leave the franchise to the actual young heroes (which there are tons now) instead of doing the same things they did as teens but are now two generations removed from being the "young heroes".
    I view it differently and hope DC does as well eventually. Yes Teen Titans was originally just the sidekick team and there weren't many of them.

But I think the name Titans should be the second gens name. I think they earned it. And be a regular team just as JLA, JSA, Outsiders ect.

Then you can have the Teen Titans if you want but that is just an initation team for young heroes to start off in.

Young Justice did well as its now Tim and his generations team and should remain that way.

For the next gen, Damiens, they can start off as the newest version of the TT as all young heroes can start off as. But I do think that eventually they should get their own name and team identity so that eventually the next gen of young hero's can become the TT. And so on.

But I think Dicks gen should keep the name Titans as it was thiers originally and they created the teen team concept. The name Titans has become their own unique brand and should remain that.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Titans (adult version ) would work better if it was like Peter David's X-factor. They needed a strong external reason to be them together besides just being teenage friends. So just give them a job - X-factor was a government response team, a private detective agency or a company sponsored superhero team.

So something like that would have worked. Hell them being a team Spyral put together would have worked.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Titans (adult version ) would work better if it was like Peter David's X-factor. They needed a strong external reason to be them together besides just being teenage friends. So just give them a job - X-factor was a government response team, a private detective agency or a company sponsored superhero team.

So something like that would have worked. Hell them being a team Spyral put together would have worked.
    Agree with earlier posts that older Titans have earned their name and with giving them a job/role in the greater DCU. Much as I dislike some of Abnet's characterizations of Nightwing and Donna Troy, overall, I do like the idea of a Titans team, sanctioned by the JL to take on the Source Wall impacts. After this Source Wall mess is cleaned up, I think the Titans team should remain a JL strike team. Sort of like JL Extreme was back in the day (but better). The Titans have earned their place, have been heroes since youth and would fit into this role of picking up slack of JL, who obviously can't do everything.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Well, it wasn't so bad because I quit early but oh did the series got worse.

First, there was Tim's new origin, which I elaborated on Tim's forum why it's such a bad idea even as a new reader.

Then there was the reveal of Superboy's heritage. Half Luthor, half Superman and Lois son from the future who's dying of Kryptonian poisoning, therefore he was cloned so they can research how to cure the real Kon, then he died and replaced by the real Kon, only for that Kon to learn how to be a good person by going to the past and live with humans, and finally faced various Kon from different timeline, before combining with the resurrected clone Kon into one true Kon... WHO CAME UP WITH THIS XD

DIG051545_2._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Oh but the worse was Bart. Freaking Bar Tor. In what way is making a beloved popular character an entirely different character unrelated to the Flash family, a criminal who was given probation in the past... who sent their criminals to the past without supervision? ...and end up being tried and imprisoned in a desolate planet, dragging Solstice with him because she loved him and didn't want to be separated so she killed an innocent just so she can be imprisoned with Bar... just... AGH! Kill it! Kill it with fire!

It took a really long time for the series to die too.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 01-03-2019 at 10:29 AM.

Then there was the reveal of Superboy's heritage. Half Luthor, half Superman and Lois son from the future who's dying of Kryptonian poisoning, therefore he was cloned so they can research how to cure the real Kon, then he died and replaced by the real Kon, only for that Kon to learn how to be a good person by going to the past and live with humans, and finally faced various Kon from different timeline, before combining with the resurrected clone Kon into one true Kon... WHO CAME UP WITH THIS XD.
    I just got a migraine trying to read that explanation. My God what were they thinking?

Oh but the worse was Bart. Freaking Bar Tor. In what way is making a beloved popular character an entirely different character unrelated to the Flash family, a criminal who was given probation in the past... who sent their criminals to the past without supervision? ...and end up being tried and imprisoned in a desolate planet, dragging Solstice with him because she loved him and didn't want to be separated so she killed an innocent just so she can be imprisoned with Bar... just... AGH! Kill it! Kill it with fire!
    The first reasonable solution I've read to the Bar Torr problem. Don't forget Bar Torr came back after that, seemingly abandoning Solstice in the future prison...WHICH SHE COMMITEED CRIMES TO BE IN JUST TO BE NEAR BAR. Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    If Mother Blood can speak through Beast Boy by using the Red does that mean she can also control him?
    I have no idea. I really don't like the Red thing especially having Beast Boy be a part of it.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Astonishing Member

I have no idea. I really don't like the Red thing especially having Beast Boy be a part of it.
    BB has been connected to the Red for a while but over the past few years, writers have been really fixated on that connection.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    BB has been connected to the Red for a while but over the past few years, writers have been really fixated on that connection.
    Yeah I know, since the reboot. I don't think it was a thing before then.

They have the green for plant life with Swamp thing as the avatar. The red for animal life and Animal man as the avatar (I think).

How about the blue for aquatic life and Tempest as the avatar?

__tempest2_by_brett_booth__colors__by_carol_colors-d80yli4.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    I view it differently and hope DC does as well eventually. Yes Teen Titans was originally just the sidekick team and there weren't many of them.

But I think the name Titans should be the second gens name. I think they earned it. And be a regular team just as JLA, JSA, Outsiders ect.

Then you can have the Teen Titans if you want but that is just an initation team for young heroes to start off in.

Young Justice did well as its now Tim and his generations team and should remain that way.

For the next gen, Damiens, they can start off as the newest version of the TT as all young heroes can start off as. But I do think that eventually they should get their own name and team identity so that eventually the next gen of young hero's can become the TT. And so on.

But I think Dicks gen should keep the name Titans as it was thiers originally and they created the teen team concept. The name Titans has become their own unique brand and should remain that.
    I don't think there is any value in adults keeping the Titans brand. Just look at how poorly it has turned out for the adult Titans characters. It regresses them and locks them to always be looked at as "young heroes" instead of actual adults like they should be. They will never be treated the same as the JL, JSA or other adult teams because of it and heroes like Dick or Wally can't join actual adult teams with adult heroes while stuck in the franchise. So that is the fundamental difference we have with it I guess. The Titans/Teen Titans brand is for young heroes and once those heroes are adults and age out of it they should move on and leave the Titans brand for the actual young heroes of the DCU. The brand is just too entrenched in youth to ever operate like a JSA or JLA team. Otherwise it is just sad seeing adult heroes stuck in the past doing the same things and being looked down on from other adult heroes.

The Young Justice cartoon did it well. As the teens grew up they either joined the JL or moved on to other things and let the team focus on what the Titans franchise should be focused on, the young heroes. But I'm repeating myself now so I'll leave it here.