Page 30 of 105 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080 ... LastLast

I don’t know, we’ll see I guess. But I’d still rather see them try an experiment, even one as exteme as this, and fail instead of continuing with the Flash B nothingness. And they are at least not just using it as a two issue stunt and then passing it off to whoever in house filler guy they can find last minute.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-23-2019 at 01:09 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    It turns him into a different kind of Flash, that they can tell different kinds of stories with. Ones that they can’t, or at least wouldn’t, tell with Flash A.
    Or they could just leave him dead and tell those stories with somebody else like Godspeed if you really want to tell them?

It's not like DC is going to rush and give Wally a solo if they turn him into a killer. And even if they did, I personally have no interest in supporting such a book. I'd much rather him to be killed off than have his character drastically altered because the people at the top don't like him.
    Last edited by Rend20; 02-23-2019 at 01:27 PM.

No one would give a crap if Godspeed has a mental breakdown and goes on a rampage. It’s a completely different story with Godspeed and wouldn’t generate the same emotional response.

Titans Giant is cancelled, along with the entire Walmart line. However, a new set of 100 page giants will be sold everywhere, with 48 pages of new material - so I wonder if it'll end up relaunching AGAIN, this time as a replacement to both current Titans team books?
    https://twitter.com/RyanHigginsRyan/...54255238914049
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Cause there isn’t much to do with a Flash B when they have a Flash A.
    There isn't much to do with a Flash B because DC doesn't really care about or seem to have much investment in Flash B, especially compared to how they treat Flash A.
    No one would give a crap if Godspeed has a mental breakdown and goes on a rampage. It’s a completely different story with Godspeed and wouldn’t generate the same emotional response.
    It would be more in-character for Godspeed at least.

Fantastic Member

Getting an emotional response and having a direction readers will support are two different things.

Turning him into a killer, taking the Flash name away from him, and making him a supremely grim character as his new status quo doesn't seem to be a recipe for success in my opinion. I mean, is the character even Wally West after all that? It's also working under the assumption that DC will suddenly find the desire to use him more which is far from a sure thing.
    Last edited by Rend20; 02-23-2019 at 02:22 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Titans Giant is cancelled, along with the entire Walmart line. However, a new set of 100 page giants will be sold everywhere, with 48 pages of new material - so I wonder if it'll end up relaunching AGAIN, this time as a replacement to both current Titans team books?
    Titans is definitely getting replaced.TT's fate is still up in the air, assuming that it doesn't end with the upcoming Deathstroke arc.

Spectacular Member Grandmaster_J's Avatar

I'm getting VERY TIRED of things getting cancelled before they barely have any time to get off the ground. D.C is too fast and quick at pushing the reset button on their books, especially team books.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    TT's fate is still up in the air, assuming that it doesn't end with the upcoming Deathstroke arc.
    I hope we get at least 2 or 3 more arcs after the crossover, involving Djinn's brother, Lobo, and of course this Other that we're still far away from knowing who is behind it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster_J View Post
    I'm getting VERY TIRED of things getting cancelled before they barely have any time to get off the ground. D.C is too fast and quick at pushing the reset button on their books, especially team books.

I hope we get at least 2 or 3 more arcs after the crossover, involving Djinn's brother, Lobo, and of course this Other that we're still far away from knowing who is behind it.
    At this point, I'm convinced that Djinn's brother IS the Other.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

BANNED

Wait, I dont get it, what about the new stories that DC published? where will they be collected? also are the Bendis and King stories just abruptly ending?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    Wait, I dont get it, what about the new stories that DC published? where will they be collected? also are the Bendis and King stories just abruptly ending?
    I'm guessing that the new stories DC was publishing for Walmart will get a rushed ending. The new books could continue the storylines, but I doubt it. Most likely, this will be where the Titans will be for a while. I have no idea where the new stories will be collected.

They're doing trades, and I get the feeling the Bendis Batman and King Superman stories will be a TPB each, the endings of both being previously unpublished. People who've been buying the Giants will be forced to double dip, buy the same content twice in order to see the ending!

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Wait, that's pre-Flashpoint, and they're referring to Billy Batson as Shazam instead of Captain Marvel?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

They're doing trades, and I get the feeling the Bendis Batman and King Superman stories will be a TPB each, the endings of both being previously unpublished. People who've been buying the Giants will be forced to double dip, buy the same content twice in order to see the ending!

Wait, that's pre-Flashpoint, and they're referring to Billy Batson as Shazam instead of Captain Marvel?
    probably talking about the old wizard, Shazam.

Spectacular Member

No Billy was still Captain Marvel and then he became Shazam (The Wizard) and gave his powers to Thunder