Page 31 of 105 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

what do we know about the guy playing connor

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    what do we know about the guy playing connor
    From Entertainment Weekly: EW has learned that Australian newcomer Joshua Orpin has been cast as Superboy, a.k.a. Conner Kent, in Titans season 2. And you can expect him to be just as moody as the brooding, “F— Batman”-declaring Robin (Brenton Thwaites), goth Rachel/Raven (Teagan Croft), and amnesiac badass Kory/Starfire (Anna Diop), because you can never have too much teenage angst and being a young hero is emotionally trying stuff.

According to IMDB, he is 6'1" and only has 5 acting credits, none of which I'm familiar with. Let's hope he hits the gym and has some decent acting chops.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    From Entertainment Weekly: EW has learned that Australian newcomer Joshua Orpin has been cast as Superboy, a.k.a. Conner Kent, in Titans season 2. And you can expect him to be just as moody as the brooding, “F— Batman”-declaring Robin (Brenton Thwaites), goth Rachel/Raven (Teagan Croft), and amnesiac badass Kory/Starfire (Anna Diop), because you can never have too much teenage angst and being a young hero is emotionally trying stuff.

According to IMDB, he is 6'1" and only has 5 acting credits, none of which I'm familiar with. Let's hope he hits the gym and has some decent acting chops.

the stand in for the tease was Fxxxxn huge so he better

I don't get it, I really don't. Am I just stupid and not understand storytelling at all? How are all these dead Titans making for good stories?
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Trim the fat. I know this isn’t gonna be popular, but the the Titans might actually benefit from let’s call it streamlining. With less characters like Gnarrk around they can lean harder on the stronger Titans and maybe even open the door to new blood to supplement.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-28-2019 at 01:09 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    maybe even open the door to new blood to supplement.
    maybe we can get another new wally west.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I don't get it, I really don't. Am I just stupid and not understand storytelling at all? How are all these dead Titans making for good stories?
    Characters like Roy or Wally getting screwed over I get being upset over, but I don't think killing off Gnarrk or Lagoon Boy does anything because they are nothing characters. It is all just for King to have his death toll number rise up by throwing some useless Titans characters in the death pile because DC views them as being the most expendable. King trying to come up with some other spiel to excuse it is all bs. It is just to have some shock value for the bigger names and just extra bodies to fill up panel space for the others.

But I don't think it is trimming the fat or anything either because that would mean the remaining Titans would be better off, or get more opportunity, but that won't happen because the Titans franchise with all these directionless adult characters are useless to DC outside churning out a mediocre at best Titans book or two per month for the poor saps that still buy it expecting it to recapture days long gone. Any new characters DC cares about won't be added to the Titans, so I don't think it opens up room for new characters either.

Trim the fat. I know this isn’t gonna be popular, but the the Titans might actually benefit from let’s call it streamlining. With less characters like Gnarrk around they can lean harder on the stronger Titans and maybe even open the door to new blood to supplement.
    How does it "trim the fat" when the fat is rarely used?

Hell DC trimmed all the fat with the reboot and we saw how great they were then. Oh wait....
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Astonishing Member

If DC really wanted to 'trim the fat' they could have sent all of these characters to limbo by not using them instead of killing them off for shock value.

The Titans franchise does need streamlining, but I don't think that using them as cannon fodder and whatever it is Abnett is trying to do is the answer.

Most of the 'stronger' Titans characters and those who haven't got killed off(yet) are in desperate need of retools.
    Last edited by king81992; 02-28-2019 at 08:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster_J View Post
    Mr. Chang shares a cool image of Crush attacking, Deathstroke.

Attachment 78872
    WOW.. Slade looks calm here.. Maybe he still has that barrier that appeared in Priest deathstroke run..

Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster_J View Post
    I'm getting VERY TIRED of things getting cancelled before they barely have any time to get off the ground. D.C is too fast and quick at pushing the reset button on their books, especially team books.

I hope we get at least 2 or 3 more arcs after the crossover, involving Djinn's brother, Lobo, and of course this Other that we're still far away from knowing who is behind it.
    I remember Lobo name in the May solicitations(TT 30).. I think that we will see another arc.. Or maybe Lobo working for THE OTHER aka Djinn brother(Probably) to end with this run..
    Last edited by adrikito; 02-28-2019 at 08:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    WOW.. Slade looks calm here.. Maybe he still has that barrier that appeared in Priest deathstroke run..

I remember Lobo name in the May solicitations(TT 30).. I think that we will see another arc.. Or maybe Lobo working for THE OTHER aka Djinn brother(Probably) to end with this run..
    And yet, not that long ago, he was willingly helping the heroes in No Justice and was even in the JLA. Besides, he's supposed to be a bounty hunter, not a lackey.

New characters will just be the cannon fodder for a future event too. It's a cycle, new writer introduces new characters instead of reinventing prior Titans, "new writer" is replaced by another writer who throws the prior writers "new" characters into limbo only to introduce new characters themselves. Titans in limbo used as cannon fodder in DC event. Rinse and repeat.

Think it's quite telling that the most popular modern age Titans were all introduced in a separate franchise before joining the team.

Damian Wayne- Batman
    Blue Beetle- DC event/His own series
    Static- His own series
    Aqualad- DC event

I think the only recent exception is Ms Martian, who made her debut with the Titans. So it's been ages since we've had a Starfire/Raven/Cyborg/Terra situation...
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

New blood doesn’t necessarily mean brand new characters, but new characters to the franchise.

Ultimate Member

Trim what fat????

How about you just don't use them?

How is killing one of the few black Titans like Hotspot who starred on a team and was MIA for 20+ years be trimming the fat?

How many Titans have we seen since New 52?

Before that we had The Fab 5, Malcolm, Karen, Lilith, Gnark, Perez/Wolfman additions. Kole, Hawk & Dove, Red Star, Pathra, Danny Chase, Wilderbeast, Hotspot's team, Supergirl, Kyle, Tim, Bart, Conner, Cassie, Static, Jaime, Traci, BOmbshell, Aquagirl 1-2, Meggan. Damian Solstice & Eddie.
    What about 50?

New 52 has the Fab mess of 5, Tim, Damian, Lobo's kid, Fake Wally, Bart, Conner, Cassie, Beast Boy, Star Fire, Power Girl, Raven, Bunker, Steel, Meggan and what 2 or 5 others?

It was Streamline and they STILL can't get them right.

The roster is not the issue-it every thing else.

Fantastic Member

I have been looking at Teen Titans sales numbers and its position on Comixology. I really don't think Teen Titans is going to get canceled. Glass just did an interview talking about doing both Lobo and Djinn story arcs. Also, I was looking at the top books on Amazon's graphic novels and Teen Titans Rebirth is still in the top 50. Teen Titans sells so as long as the numbers remain consistant and it keeps selling trades I think its safe. To be honest I had actually thought that Titans was canceled long ago and did not know it was still going on. I did not see anyone at DC talking about the book and if I did it was fans who were not enjoying it.

Also here is the solicitation for May that mentions the start of the Lobo arc:Teen-Titans-30-325x500.jpg