Page 32 of 105 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282 ... LastLast
    Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    How does it "trim the fat" when the fat is rarely used?

Hell DC trimmed all the fat with the reboot and we saw how great they were then. Oh wait....
    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Trim what fat????

How about you just don't use them?

How is killing one of the few black Titans like Hotspot who starred on a team and was MIA for 20+ years be trimming the fat?

How many Titans have we seen since New 52?

Before that we had The Fab 5, Malcolm, Karen, Lilith, Gnark, Perez/Wolfman additions. Kole, Hawk & Dove, Red Star, Pathra, Danny Chase, Wilderbeast, Hotspot's team, Supergirl, Kyle, Tim, Bart, Conner, Cassie, Static, Jaime, Traci, BOmbshell, Aquagirl 1-2, Meggan. Damian Solstice & Eddie.
    What about 50?

New 52 has the Fab mess of 5, Tim, Damian, Lobo's kid, Fake Wally, Bart, Conner, Cassie, Beast Boy, Star Fire, Power Girl, Raven, Bunker, Steel, Meggan and what 2 or 5 others?

It was Streamline and they STILL can't get them right.

The roster is not the issue-it every thing else.
    I agree. There's no fat to trim. The Titans franchise is not insanely bloated as some make it out to be especially since most of the characters just don't get used.

If the franchise were like the X-men where there was a new Titan like every month and more than 3 teams active then yeah I can see it but every relaunch is the same 10 or so characters.

Fantastic Member

The thing that causes the success of Titans and all stories in comics really is story and advertising. The story of Titans to me at least seemed to be going nowhere and I really don't think Abnett had the best pitch for the book. I mean I have read Abnett Aquaman and Titans series and you can tell which book he had an I idea of where he was going and which story had more planning. Also, unlike Teen Titans that is still around I have been following DC on social media for years and I really don't remember Titans being advertised much. But, DC just posted a tweet about Teen Titans with at least over 1000 likes and over 100 retweets. Also, Adam Glass constantly talks about the new ideas he has for the series and where he is going with the story in interviews and on his social media.

Maybe I am wrong but some of these factors I think effected Titans being able to have success.
    Last edited by shadow6743; 02-28-2019 at 04:32 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I agree. There's no fat to trim. The Titans franchise is not insanely bloated as some make it out to be especially since most of the characters just don't get used.

If the franchise were like the X-men where there was a new Titan like every month and more than 3 teams active then yeah I can see it but every relaunch is the same 10 or so characters.
    Honestly, I thought that having multiple Titans teams active might be a good idea. It would allow some of the rarely seen characters to get fleshed out. Unfortunately, DC has killed off most of them and derailed most of the ones who are left alive.

All Titan teams at this point consistent mostly of rarely seen characters that need to be fleshed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    All Titan teams at this point consistent mostly of rarely seen characters that need to be fleshed out.
    Yeah so flesh them out. Don't "trim" them.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

The last series, including TH, spent 2 plus years trying to flesh out its characters that it forgot to flesh out the team itself as a concept and made its only already fleshed out character look like utter dog shit.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-28-2019 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    The last serious, including TH, spent 2 plus years trying to flesh out its characters that it forgot to flesh out the team itself as a concept and made its only already fleshed out character look like utter dog shit.
    I was enjoying the series until the terrible love triangle stuff and the writer started tearing down his own characters. It's almost like DC put a writer on the book who didn't understand or care about these characters. If we are reading a Titans book and the characters are talking about how much better the JL is, then that writer needs to go immediately.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

After the most recent issue of HiC it felt appropriate to change the tagline over my avatar picture.

The body count of Titans is astonishing to me.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    After the most recent issue of HiC it felt appropriate to change the tagline over my avatar picture.

The body count of Titans is astonishing to me.
    No byrd, you can’t let them win! I know you’re ironic but we have to show our loved characters with proud and it’s bad to mangle our catch phrase.
    Fans of Titans together! It will be better times for us, just don’t give up

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    No byrd, you can’t let them win! I know you’re ironic but we have to show our loved characters with proud and it’s bad to mangle our catch phrase.
    Fans of Titans together! It will be better times for us, just don’t give up
    Hell at this point it's more like Titans Go! Which is so much lamer anyway. I'll change it back because of you falio.

The popularity of the Titans TV series give me hope that: 1. Comics fans both new and old would embrace the title/characters with decent storylines and characterization and 2. DC will consider revising the book based on the success of the show and realize they have a good franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by donnafan View Post
    The popularity of the Titans TV series give me hope that: 1. Comics fans both new and old would embrace the title/characters with decent storylines and characterization and 2. DC will consider revising the book based on the success of the show and realize they have a good franchise.
    The comics side is under the rule of DiDio. A guy who has said he hates the likes of Dick Grayson because he "ages Batman".

Geoff Johns is the one in charge of the other media, and Rebirth was his brainchild. But he's since taken a step back from the comics side, outside of Shazam and Doomsday Clock. He's now overseeing the DCEU, DC Universe, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by donnafan View Post
    The show is hot garbage but if it stays popular and helps out the comics, I'll be very thankful for it.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Superboy is getting added to Titans and the other characters were barely developed as is...ugh. Watch he get more screen time than Starfire.

I was also hoping that Titans was just the Wolfman team.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Superboy is getting added to Titans and the other characters were barely developed as is...ugh. Watch he get more screen time than Starfire.

I was also hoping that Titans was just the Wolfman team.
    I hope more classic Titans get some love. But then again maybe not.