Page 33 of 105 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383 ... LastLast

I love Starfire, but I thought Starfire was one of the most disappointing things about the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I love Starfire, but I thought Starfire was one of the most disappointing things about the show.
    She was definitely one of the worst parts. She barely had anything to do and her lines were generally pretty bad.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Superboy is getting added to Titans and the other characters were barely developed as is...ugh. Watch he get more screen time than Starfire.

I was also hoping that Titans was just the Wolfman team.
    And Deathstroke, and Jericho, and I think Ravager? Probably some other characters too...will they have time to actually develop the actual main characters?

Then again, the guest heroes were the most praised part of Titans, so maybe they're banking on all the guest characters ?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And Deathstroke, and Jericho, and I think Ravager? Probably some other characters too...will they have time to actually develop the actual main characters?

Then again, the guest heroes were the most praised part of Titans, so maybe they're banking on all the guest characters ?
    This show would honestly be better if each episode was just focusing on a one off character that maybe ties into the next.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

It wasn't about screen time, the whole Stafire plot line just didn't really click with me. I thought it was one of the least interesting storylines, and overall I thought the portrayal was rather blah. Im just not into the whole too cool for school Starfire.

BANNED

Yeah Doom Patrol takes Titans to school. They've done more with them in 3 episodes than the Titans. Truth be told it also because they have better actors. Titans Dick actor has the personality and charisma of a plank and then they made him dark and edgy.

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    Yeah Doom Patrol takes Titans to school. They've done more with them in 3 episodes than the Titans. Truth be told it also because they have better actors. Titans Dick actor has the personality and charisma of a plank and then they made him dark and edgy.
    He's a good actor, the material he has to work with is really bad.

I liked the TV shows Dick. I thought his character arc was one of the strongest parts of the show. Though I do agree, none of them are particularly strong actors.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-03-2019 at 12:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I liked the TV shows Dick. I thought his character arc was one of the strongest parts of the show. Though I do agree, non of them are particularly strong actors.
    His arc was the strongest because he was the only one with something to actually do.

Raven and Starfire both had characters storylines too.

All-New Member

The Titans live TV show, despite its flaws, was still the second most watched superhero TV series in 2018. The original cartoon from 2003 was on the 9th place iirc, 15 years later so Titans are still going strong enough despite getting downplayed in comics. I hope they will restart soon the comics Titans (including getting Dick back) and have them as a team of their own, out of JL shadow and dominance. Not sure if they will include some members as Kori (or even Cyborg) to come even closer to NTT formation but at least they should put back the Titans in the same spot the NTT were (a more independent team rivaling the JL as power and abilities, and not the sidekick team)

The live series could have been done better, I agree, and hopefully they will fix most of its problems in the second season. I think they exaggerated with focusing too much on secondary characters and despite the first season arc should have been focused on Raven it was actually focused on Dick. I mean, they were supposedly to fight to stop Trigon but we get more Batman related stuff (including Jason Todd who can barely can qualify as Titans related character) and we hear mroe about Batman than about Trigon.

It will be really silly to have him defeated (even worse, in some underwhelming or rushed way) in the first episode just to make way for new characters like Superboy, Deathstroke and his kids (while three of the main characters still aren't well developed and in this way will never be). I mean, when you have by far the most powerful Titans villain (and one of the most powerful characters in DC, basically the Satan archetype) and you just throw him away in some rushed, silly way it will just look too dumb to take the show very serious.

It will become just a parade of characters from DC with no depth and with little character development (except Dick). Raven was left in limbo from this point of view, Kori get some rushed couple mentions about her origin that didn't said much about her and we actually get to know more about Beast Boy than about her even if he get the least screen time among the supposedly main characters.

I do liked the Hawk and Dove episodes, Doom Patrol and Jason but they felt forced at some point, with little need for the general story arc. They should at least have few more episodes focused on Raven, Starfire and Beast Boy, and a bit longer episodes. In my opinion I really don't think we should get that much Batman related stuffs, Jason is a bit irrelevant for the Titans, and Superboy shouldn't be included in the next season, which should be focused on resolving (temporarely, I hope) Trigon arc and introducing Deathstroke and his kids toward the end, as a preparation for the next season
    Last edited by darud; 03-03-2019 at 01:10 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    Uh its becasue the titans had to assemble their not acting as a team until episode 4/5

3 members of the doom patrol have been together for almost 20 years crazy jane and cyborg are the new blood
    but they know who they are and how their abilites generaly work

The shows are comparable

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by darud View Post
    The Titans live TV show, despite its flaws, was still the second most watched superhero TV series in 2018. The original cartoon from 2003 was on the 9th place iirc, 15 years later so Titans are still going strong enough despite getting downplayed in comics. I hope they will restart soon the comics Titans (including getting Dick back) and have them as a team of their own, out of JL shadow and dominance. Not sure if they will include some members as Kori (or even Cyborg) to come even closer to NTT formation but at least they should put back the Titans in the same spot the NTT were (a more independent team rivaling the JL as power and abilities, and not the sidekick team)

The live series could have been done better, I agree, and hopefully they will fix most of its problems in the second season. I think they exaggerated with focusing too much on secondary characters and despite the first season arc should have been focused on Raven it was actually focused on Dick. I mean, they were supposedly to fight to stop Trigon but we get more Batman related stuff (including Jason Todd who can barely can qualify as Titans related character) and we hear mroe about Batman than about Trigon.

It will be really silly to have him defeated (even worse, in some underwhelming or rushed way) in the first episode just to make way for new characters like Superboy, Deathstroke and his kids (while three of the main characters still aren't well developed and in this way will never be). I mean, when you have by far the most powerful Titans villain (and one of the most powerful characters in DC, basically the Satan archetype) and you just throw him away in some rushed, silly way it will just look too dumb to take the show very serious.

It will become just a parade of characters from DC with no depth and with little character development (except Dick). Raven was left in limbo from this point of view, Kori get some rushed couple mentions about her origin that didn't said much about her and we actually get to know more about Beast Boy than about her even if he get the least screen time among the supposedly main characters.

I do liked the Hawk and Dove episodes, Doom Patrol and Jason but they felt forced at some point, with little need for the general story arc. They should at least have few more episodes focused on Raven, Starfire and Beast Boy, and a bit longer episodes. In my opinion I really don't think we should get that much Batman related stuffs, Jason is a bit irrelevant for the Titans, and Superboy shouldn't be included in the next season, which should be focused on resolving (temporarely, I hope) Trigon arc and introducing Deathstroke and his kids toward the end, as a preparation for the next season
    I don't see Trigon getting beaten so early in the show. My guess is that they rescue Raven and Trigon backs down to form a new plan.

The Trigon story made no sense at all. Why the hell was Raven given away if her mom was evil too?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    The Trigon story made no sense at all. Why the hell was Raven given away if her mom was evil too?
    I assumed that Trigon recently corrupted Raven's mom.