Page 46 of 105 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696 ... LastLast

And yet Wally jumped ship with everyone else, and Dick again had to remain to help prop the next group.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 04-03-2019 at 08:56 PM.

Extraordinary Member

This group of titans could have taken slade down
    the NTT were fresh off the boat

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post

This group of titans could have taken slade down
    the NTT were fresh off the boat
    I love this line-up so much.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

The current series ruined that line-up for me.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I feel like Trigon will be a recurring threat throughout the series. But I do think that the cast is getting way to big.
    I hope so, he is a way too big of a threat to be dismissed like that. Also I hope they can manage well the increasing number of characters and will be able to do justice to all, unlike in the first season when they mostly dealt just with Dick Grayson and wandered around with secondary characters (which again, were great but they should have made few more episodes to focus on the other three main characters too, and properly develop them)

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe we should just view the show as less of a Titans series and more of a Dick Grayson show, where his predominate supporting and recurring cast are all Superheroes (which I've seen a lot of Dick Grayson fans prefer he have)...
    Well, there might be DG fans who might like that but I as a Titans fan I want a show about Titans, not Dick Grayson and friends dealing with his problems with Batman and still gravitating around Justice League.

I will like a series in NTT comics and Teen Titans original cartoon style, with Titans as an independent team dealing with things on their own and even rivaling the Justice League as abilities. Sure, you can have Batman (or some other JL or not Titan characters) mentioned or even popping up in some episode but that should be as a secondary character and not the main focus.

I will like to see more of Raven, Starfire and Beast Boy focus, there is such a rich possibility to draw from there, magic, other dimensions, occult, supernatural, other worlds in space, sci-fi stuffs, aliens and so on. I don't want to see some rehash of JL with lesser versions of them, sidekicks that still are in the shadow of their mentors.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Was it the sudden team romances? the wally and donna felt weird to me and I have been reading new teen titans I have not seen donna or roy with any history either. We also know lilth origins have been hashed and her relationship with Garth was definitely annoying.

However their banter and friendly demeanor was always a highlight for me. Its nice to see the heroes be casual and its not awkward. Their partners and friends and it creates a great dynamic between them all. I think the issue we had was the threats a team of their level was facing, but that seems more like a DC thing, no one wants their vision or plan interrupted so doing real crossover (heroes in crisis is pathetic) is impossible. Anything that happen in a book will be ignored in every other unless forced to mention said event or character.

Was it the sudden team romances? the wally and donna felt weird to me and I have been reading new teen titans I have not seen donna or roy with any history either. We also know lilth origins have been hashed and her relationship with Garth was definitely annoying.

However their banter and friendly demeanor was always a highlight for me. Its nice to see the heroes be casual and its not awkward. Their partners and friends and it creates a great dynamic between them all. I think the issue we had was the threats a team of their level was facing, but that seems more like a DC thing, no one wants their vision or plan interrupted so doing real crossover (heroes in crisis is pathetic) is impossible. Anything that happen in a book will be ignored in every other unless forced to mention said event or character.
    I just pretend that the Wally Donna thing didn't happen. There was no real build up and it just happened and was poorly written.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

It was the JL crap. I’m now of the opinion that that line up is too derivative. As much as I like most of them.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 04-04-2019 at 01:10 PM.

It was the JL crap. I’m now of the opinion that that line up is too derivative. As much as I like most of them.
    This is the perfect example of the higher up's bias' hurting themselves in the long run. If you constantly belittle and mistreat certain characters and teams they become those pre-conceived notions.

You want readers to be fans of everything DC not just Batman and the Justice League. I will never understand this era of DC.

Extraordinary Member

And yet Wally jumped ship with everyone else, and Dick again had to remain to help prop the next group.
    It was his group and they had specific mission

A group of characters isn't able to make a series good or bad because they're not real. I think the culprit you're looking for is Dan Abnett.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    A group of characters isn't able to make a series good or bad because they're not real. I think the culprit you're looking for is Dan Abnett.
    Yeah, I think overall, even if editorial partially had a hand here, Abnett was not the right choice to Rebirth the Titans.

It was his group and they had specific mission
    Its always his group. Dick is the only Titans that doesn't just come and go, and seemingly has to always be there. Yet god forbid he gets a plot line or a character arc in a Titans book anymore.
    Dick is and always has been a prominent Titan. Him getting focuse isn't a Batman hijack.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 04-04-2019 at 04:24 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Its always his group. Dick is the only Titans that doesn't just come and go, and seemingly has to always be there. Yet god forbid he gets a plot line or a character arc in a Titans book anymore.
    Dick is and always has been a Titan. Him getting focuse isn't a Batman hijack.
    He takes haituses the most? But again its his team he founded at 13 so of course he keeps coming back. Considering he had a simultaneous solo book running whats wrong with Titans being an ensemble piece, perhaps if the team did not get benched after troia we would have made it to a Dick focused arc, its alot harder to get to 100 issues today the way we constantly reboot.

I still love that lineup. It was the kowtowing to the JLA that ruined the series for me, but not the lineup.

The friendships were the highlight. When the second lineup kept having to insist they weren't friends, it lost all the charm.

The romances came out of left field (except Roy/Donna), but I'd hoped they'd have a chance to be developed.
    Who wants to bet Lillith/Garth is never mentioned again?