Page 47 of 105 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    The romances came out of left field (except Roy/Donna), but I'd hoped they'd have a chance to be developed.
    Who wants to bet Lillith/Garth is never mentioned again?
    Nobody seems to care about Garth's old relationships so who knows.

I think he's said one word to Tula and hasn't even met Dolphin yet as far as current continuity is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Nobody seems to care about Garth's old relationships so who knows.

I think he's said one word to Tula and hasn't even met Dolphin yet as far as current continuity is concerned.
    I wish the Titans had their kids back.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I wish the Titans had their kids back.
    Considering the state of most of the titans atm, it’s probably a good thing they don’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    He takes haituses the most? But again its his team he founded at 13 so of course he keeps coming back. Considering he had a simultaneous solo book running whats wrong with Titans being an ensemble piece, perhaps if the team did not get benched after troia we would have made it to a Dick focused arc, its alot harder to get to 100 issues today the way we constantly reboot.
    He does not take haituses the most, he’s one of the most prevalent actually. The whole he has a solo excuse is so backwards. The character shouldn’t get punished for being one of the more successful and popular characters. That kind of thinking is why the Titans has turned into a containment franchise for wayward characters no one really wants to do anything with. Just like the last series they become so busy trying to fix characters the franchises they came from don’t want anymore, that they forget to fix and develop the team itself as a concept and actually hurt the few things the franchise has going for it. Like the characters they have that can draw.

Nightwing is one of the most prolific Titans, and while obviously I’m huge Nightwing fan, I think the fact that he was one of two that remained, despite how that same series tried to portray him as an insignificant prop, proves that. Whether people like it or not, for better or worse, Dick is stuck with the Titans and Titans with him. Dick doesn’t get left out of Titan relaunches or rebrands, yet neither does he get to move onto different teams. He’s perpetually chained to this team that hes continually getting nothing out of anymore, and actually even makes him look lesser. And whats more it’s even defended with backwards bull like well he has a solo (Or in other words people will pay money to read about him).

The last series is a gleaming example of all that’s wrong with the Titans. Instead of building on things the franchise had that worked, it crapped on them, and then doubled down on every bad stigma and completely forgot to build anything with the team as a concept. It’s so backward when they create Nightwing fans who want him to have nothing to do with the franchise, but at the same time you can’t really blame those fans. Now we have a Titans tv show that Dick is "hijacking". Even though Dick is a Titan, has always been Titan, and will continue to be a Titan.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 04-05-2019 at 03:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Considering the state of most of the titans atm, it’s probably a good thing they don’t.
    Really??? I thought DC was knocking them out of the park.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    He does not take haituses the most, he’s one of the most prevalent actually. The whole he has a solo excuse is so backwards. The character shouldn’t get punished for being one of the more successful and popular characters. That kind of thinking is why the Titans has turned into a containment franchise for wayward characters no one really wants to do anything with. Just like the last series they become so busy trying to fix characters the franchises they came from don’t want anymore, that they forget to fix and develop the team itself as a concept and actually hurt the few things the franchise has going for it. Like the characters they have that can draw.

Nightwing is one of the most prolific Titans, and while obviously I’m huge Nightwing fan, I think the fact that he was one of two that remained, despite how that same series tried to portray him as an insignificant prop, proves that. Whether people like it or not, for better or worse, Dick is stuck with the Titans and Titans with him. Dick doesn’t get left out of Titan relaunches or rebrands, yet neither does he get to move onto different teams. He’s perpetually chained to this team that hes continually getting nothing out of anymore, and actually even makes him look lesser. And whats more it’s even defended with backwards bull like well he has a solo (Or in other words people will pay money to read about him).

The last series is a gleaming example of all that’s wrong with the Titans. Instead of building on things the franchise had that worked, it crapped on them, and then doubled down on every bad stigma and completely forgot to build anything with the team as a concept. It’s so backward when they create Nightwing fans who want him to have nothing to do with the franchise, but at the same time you can’t really blame those fans. Now we have a Titans tv show that Dick is "hijacking". Even though Dick is a Titan, has always been Titan, and will continue to be a Titan.
    I'm not sure if DC is doing this deliberately, but it feels like they are shafting all of their other teams to prop up the JL. The only other team that's actually functioning right now is YJ and they're so removed from everything that's happening that it seems like an AU(even though its not).

The problem with the current Titans and TT is that DC has decided to build the teams around the WRONG concepts. The concept of the current Titans is a bunch of incompetent losers and screw ups who can't do anything right and need a handler(who just happens to have issues of her own)to keep them in line. This concept only works if the team gets their act together and become better people or if the team seemed incompetent but was actually competent. Titans failed because none of the characters have gotten their acts together and frankly, none of them should have been in this weird,awkward situation to begin with. It took a lot of character derailment to create the current versions of these characters.

TT's current concept is that Damian's tactics are detrimental to himself and his team. How many times have we had this same storyline? Damian alienates and screws over his team because he's not ready to lead. This team was literally created to push him as the leader of the TT and he's going to alienate all of them by the end of the current arc. If writers can't come up with a storyline where Damian is actually a competent leader, maybe he shouldn't be pushed as a team character.

The criticism of Dick 'hijacking' the TV show makes no sense. He's the only thing holding that sketchy storyline together and if he wasn't the focus, the whole show would fall apart. I want to like the TV show and it has some decent concepts, but its a bad show. Grit, edge,darkness and F--- Batman are NOT substitutes for a competent storyline.I'll get flamed for saying this, but I'm convinced that the CW(despite their flaws) would make a better Titans show than this(who knows, they might if this series goes off the rails and gets cancelled).
    Last edited by king81992; 04-05-2019 at 07:08 AM.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I'm not sure if DC is doing this deliberately, but it feels like they are shafting all of their other teams to prop up the JL. The only other team that's actually functioning right now is YJ and they're so removed from everything that's happening that it seems like an AU(even though its not).

The problem with the current Titans and TT is that DC has decided to build the teams around the WRONG concepts. The concept of the current Titans is a bunch of incompetent losers and screw ups who can't do anything right and need a handler(who just happens to have issues of her own)to keep them in line. This concept only works if the team gets their act together and become better people or if the team seemed incompetent but was actually competent. Titans failed because none of the characters have gotten their acts together and frankly, none of them should have been in this weird,awkward situation to begin with. It took a lot of character derailment to create the current versions of these characters.

TT's current concept is that Damian's tactics are detrimental to himself and his team. How many times have we had this same storyline? Damian alienates and screws over his team because he's not ready to lead. This team was literally created to push him as the leader of the TT and he's going to alienate all of them by the end of the current arc. If writers can't come up with a storyline where Damian is actually a competent leader, maybe he shouldn't be pushed as a team character.

The criticism of Dick 'hijacking' the TV show makes no sense. He's the only thing holding that sketchy storyline together and if he wasn't the focus, the whole show would fall apart. I want to like the TV show and it has some decent concepts, but its a bad show. Grit, edge,darkness and F--- Batman are NOT substitutes for a competent storyline.I'll get flamed for saying this, but I'm convinced that the CW(despite their flaws) would make a better Titans show than this(who knows, they might if this series goes off the rails and gets cancelled).
    With Gleason coming off art duties on YJ DC should just let the man get back to what he wants to do Robin Son of Batman Chapters 2 and 3. The book did well , fans like it and love the dynamic of Damian and Maya.

The book worked. Shelf this TT team since they are apparently just a vehicle for Damian to be leader not a concept that works in it's own right. We have YJ we don't need TT nor do I think DC is willing to give Crush, Wally, Emi, Roundhouse and Djinn their own team.

Might also stop some fans bitching and blaming everything on Robins or maybe you can just drop the book.
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 04-05-2019 at 09:00 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    With Gleason coming off art duties on YJ DC should just let the man get back to what he wants to do Robin Son of Batman Chapters 2 and 3. The book did well , fans like it and love the dynamic of Damian and Maya.

The book worked. Shelf this TT team since they are apparently just a vehicle for Damian to be leader not a concept that works in it's own right. We have YJ we don't need TT nor do I think DC is willing to give Crush, Wally, Emi, Roundhouse and Djinn their own team.

Might also stop some fans bitching and blaming everything on Robins or maybe you can just drop the book.
    Kid Flash and Red Arrow will be fine. The other three are probably headed to limbo or getting killed off for shock value in the next big event(which seems to be how DC comics likes to handle TT/Titans characters). I liked Crush and Djin. Roundhouse is okay but he gets a lot of hate.

No one is saying Dick is "hijacking" the storyline. The problem is that there's barely a storyline and Dick is the only one who gets anything to do. Even then it's this unstable psychopath who feels like he belongs in Dexter rather than a Titans show. People want better for this show and these characters. Dick is my favorite fictional character of all time and most episodes I can't stand him or anyone else for that matter. You have the Doom Patrol and Donna who actually feel like characters, other than that I find most of the characters to be a drag.

Extraordinary Member

Kid Flash and Red Arrow will be fine. The other three are probably headed to limbo or getting killed off for shock value in the next big event(which seems to be how DC comics likes to handle TT/Titans characters). I liked Crush and Djin. Roundhouse is okay but he gets a lot of hate.
    Crush seems like a waste she is increidble and I dont want Djinn to go either but it would make sense that they disappear together.....

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Doing a read through of the Baxter series, along with LoSH Baxter series right now. Forgot how much I enjoyed this run.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Rushed ending for Titans. Beast Boy back to normal thanks to Raven, bad guys defeated, they go home, the end.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Rushed ending for Titans. Beast Boy back to normal thanks to Raven, bad guys defeated, they go home, the end.
    The most interesting part of the ending were the hints that Raven might lead the Titans in the future.

The most interesting part of the ending were the hints that Raven might lead the Titans in the future.
    Now that I think about it, didn't Beast Boy have a short leadership tenure?

I think Raven is the only one of the cartoon five to never get a leadership stint (Cyborg was basically leader during the Johns run).

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post

Read deathstroke yesterday; it’s increasingly obvious this book isn’t going to be around much longer. Damian has some serious skills if he could round up those villains in his own personal jail- but he also has some serious daddy/ grandaddy issues. He needs to go away and grow up. I think roundhouse is developing PTSD, but seems to be pushed into a hero by his parents. I like d’jinn, but don’t see much of a future for her outside this title.