Page 5 of 63 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 934
  1. #61
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    1,284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I hate it when people only see a powerset or a costume.

    I think everyone is guilty of this at some point in their lives. I use to dismiss the Fab Five as Diet Justice League. But after reading Graysom’s Titans run. My mindset completely changed.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I canít relate.

    DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

    Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

    Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

  2. #62
    Astonishing Member Badou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,971

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Why would we want Mr. Terrific and Animal Man on the Titans? The team is more unique then that, and their a family in a way other DC teams (aside from the JSA) aren't.

    The Titans is always going to probably be a mix of adults and teenagers unless we get a pure Titans, adult, team and a separate teenage team but I don't think that necessarily limits the stories and development for those characters...especially since Titans book seems to be the only books that even care to bother with those characters.
    What you call unique I call a flaw. Only allowing teens or legacy characters on the team shows the real limitations of the Titans team. That is fine if the team is made up of teens, but once they are adults it becomes an issue. It locks the adult Titans to be constantly looked down at and lumped together with the teens or young heroes instead of other adult heroes. We've seen this repeatedly. It is the same issues a concept like New Mutants has. When they were actually the new mutants in the X-Men they worked but once they became adults and grew up them still going by New Mutants trying to do the same things kind of didn't work anymore.

    Also unique how? There isn't really anything unique about the Titans as a concept. They aren't Doom Patrol or Suicide Squad. The adult Titans are just a group of adults that are stuck on the same team repeating the same stories they did as teens all while looking up to the JLA. It is sad. Their growth has been completely stunted. I think arguing they are about "family" or "friendship" falls flat on its face because people act like they are the only team or franchise that has those themes which is such a big lie. The JSA is how you do family correctly. They have generations of heroes, some very old and some very young, and they all work together and feel close all without any real limitations. They can add legacy heroes or individual heroes.

    And didn't we just get separate Teen Titans and Titans teams in Rebirth? The first Titans team was all adults with the classic roster and it was a disaster. Even Abnett came out and said that the concept didn't work and trying to base the run around "friendship/family" failed. People go on about that Grayson run but I think it was a failure. A nice nostalgia boost but just like with Abnett's run it quickly burnt itself out. Showing the Titans eating at a cafe together and talking about the good old days can only mask the limitations for so long. And just like that run or any run between it and Abnett's the same issues pop up. I'd just rather see the adult Titans move on and quit living in the past and leave the franchise to the actual young heroes.

  3. #63
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    967

    Default

    I blame Abnett's limitations as a writer for the concept of 'the Titans as friendship/family' failing in the earlier part of his run. However,for the Titans to work as a franchise again, I think that writers are going to have to throw everything out(their continuity is a mess anyways),retool certain characters and avoid rehashing plotlines. Focus less on creating some epic story arc and write stories that properly flesh out the cast and not character assassinate them.

  4. #64
    Titans Together!! byrd156's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    8,753

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    What you call unique I call a flaw. Only allowing teens or legacy characters on the team shows the real limitations of the Titans team. That is fine if the team is made up of teens, but once they are adults it becomes an issue. It locks the adult Titans to be constantly looked down at and lumped together with the teens or young heroes instead of other adult heroes. We've seen this repeatedly. It is the same issues a concept like New Mutants has. When they were actually the new mutants in the X-Men they worked but once they became adults and grew up them still going by New Mutants trying to do the same things kind of didn't work anymore.

    Also unique how? There isn't really anything unique about the Titans as a concept. They aren't Doom Patrol or Suicide Squad. The adult Titans are just a group of adults that are stuck on the same team repeating the same stories they did as teens all while looking up to the JLA. It is sad. Their growth has been completely stunted. I think arguing they are about "family" or "friendship" falls flat on its face because people act like they are the only team or franchise that has those themes which is such a big lie. The JSA is how you do family correctly. They have generations of heroes, some very old and some very young, and they all work together and feel close all without any real limitations. They can add legacy heroes or individual heroes.

    And didn't we just get separate Teen Titans and Titans teams in Rebirth? The first Titans team was all adults with the classic roster and it was a disaster. Even Abnett came out and said that the concept didn't work and trying to base the run around "friendship/family" failed. People go on about that Grayson run but I think it was a failure. A nice nostalgia boost but just like with Abnett's run it quickly burnt itself out. Showing the Titans eating at a cafe together and talking about the good old days can only mask the limitations for so long. And just like that run or any run between it and Abnett's the same issues pop up. I'd just rather see the adult Titans move on and quit living in the past and leave the franchise to the actual young heroes.
    The Titans can't (as far as I have seen) work under the current DC management. They are products of a bygone era of legacy, history and connections. DC did away with all that and what they built cant sustain what the Titans are. Just like what has been happening to every other legacy character since the reboot.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

    "In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

    "One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

  5. #65
    ♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦ Godlike13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    8,114

    Default

    Another problem with limiting the Titans roster is it doesn't leave them with that strong of a character pool to work with, and when a team is made up with the likes of character's like Gnarrk it immediately looks like a team for amateur d-listers.

  6. #66
    Titans Together!! byrd156's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    8,753

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Another problem with limiting the Titans roster is it doesn't leave them with that strong of a character pool to work with, and when a team is made up with the likes of character's like Gnarrk it immediately looks like a team for amateur d-listers.
    Come on now. Gnarrk is not a problem for the Titans, he was in Titans Hunt and that was pretty much it.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

    "In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

    "One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

  7. #67
    Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Another problem with limiting the Titans roster is it doesn't leave them with that strong of a character pool to work with, and when a team is made up with the likes of character's like Gnarrk it immediately looks like a team for amateur d-listers.
    I think it would be great to add heroes that are not exclusively part of the Titans franchies like Kyle or Conner Hawke. as long as they are part of that "generation" and make sense that they would join, instead of random other heroes in order to make Titans "legit".
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

    Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake.

    Currently Reading: Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner era), Justice League of America (Silver age era), Huntress ('89 series)

  8. #68
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    1,284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Another problem with limiting the Titans roster is it doesn't leave them with that strong of a character pool to work with, and when a team is made up with the likes of character's like Gnarrk it immediately looks like a team for amateur d-listers.
    There's nothing with Gnarrk. I actually wish that premier teams had more fringe characters within their rosters instead of playing it safe all the time.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I canít relate.

    DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

    Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

    Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

  9. #69
    ♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦ Godlike13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    8,114

    Default

    Character like Gnarrk don't draw, in anyway, and there's a reason for that. The team is at a disadvantage when its cast is limited to the same handful of characters and forgotten character that the audiences generally doesn't care about.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 01-06-2019 at 08:09 AM.

  10. #70
    Astonishing Member Restingvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    2,299

    Default

    I second that. The original is fine as a starter, like, keep the Fab Five as the ringleaders, but they can rotate the rest or add bigger or current names.
    Who are the big or current 20-something heroes?
    We already have Kyle but Jessica can be in Titans too
    How old is Sideways and what is he doing now?

    ...I said 20-something but the Justice League included teenagers like Firestorm. Why were there teenagers in Justice League?

  11. #71
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    15,357

    Default

    Sideways would be the right age for either of the Titans teams. He's about the same age as Raven and Beast Boy.

    Yeah, Jessica debuted two decades later, but she is supposed to be roughly the same age as Kyle isn't she?

    Cyborg and Starfire, currently on the same team as Jessica and historically associated with the Teen Titans, would qualify.

    So yeah, Restingvoice, those are all good shouts for the next relaunch. Though there'd need to be justification for Jessica and Kyle on the same team. Romance? Jessica and Simon on the same JL roster was justified by their shared power battery. They'd need some other justification if she was paired with someone else.

  12. #72
    Astonishing Member Restingvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    2,299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Sideways would be the right age for either of the Titans teams. He's about the same age as Raven and Beast Boy.

    Yeah, Jessica debuted two decades later, but she is supposed to be roughly the same age as Kyle isn't she?

    Cyborg and Starfire, currently on the same team as Jessica and historically associated with the Teen Titans, would qualify.

    So yeah, Restingvoice, those are all good shouts for the next relaunch. Though there'd need to be justification for Jessica and Kyle on the same team. Romance? Jessica and Simon on the same JL roster was justified by their shared power battery. They'd need some other justification if she was paired with someone else.
    Then I want Sideways in Titans since I prefer people closer to Damian's age in the Teens.

    My idea is more of a rotating roster, so while Kyle's there they don't need to include Jessica, who I forgot is in JLO right now, but if he's out, then Jessica can get in.

  13. #73
    ♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦ Godlike13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    8,114

    Default

    With the YJ comic and the Wonder line, and the Titans TV show even, i think its maybe time DC try to explore having just one Titans team.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 01-06-2019 at 09:29 AM.

  14. #74
    Mighty Member Kon93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    With the YJ comic and the Wonder line, and the Titans TV show even, i think its maybe time DC try to explore having just one Titans team.


    Or not.

    The JL has a core that is almost always consistent,the Titans are not at a disadvantage for having the same characters on the team,they are the draw to the book,the reason ppl live the team,and why ppl fight for them all the time.
    Dick
    Donna
    Wally
    Roy
    Garth
    Kory
    Raven
    Gar
    Vice

    There are the established iconic Titans,now make it work DC.

    And a teen team could be a team created by the older Titans to help train and bring a feeling of community to the next generation of heroes.
    You want your SB/kon-el/Conner kent fix

    Read and watch both YJs
    Watch Reign of the Supermen
    He is coming to Titans
    He might be back in Injustice

    Support your favorite SUPER clone

  15. #75
    Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    Or not.

    The JL has a core that is almost always consistent,the Titans are not at a disadvantage for having the same characters on the team,they are the draw to the book,the reason ppl live the team,and why ppl fight for them all the time.
    Dick
    Donna
    Wally
    Roy
    Garth
    Kory
    Raven
    Gar
    Vice

    There are the established iconic Titans,now make it work DC.

    And a teen team could be a team created by the older Titans to help train and bring a feeling of community to the next generation of heroes.
    That's a good point and well said.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

    Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake.

    Currently Reading: Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner era), Justice League of America (Silver age era), Huntress ('89 series)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •