Page 55 of 105 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast
    Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Oh, yeah - we have our best look at Starfire's actual costume yet. I REALLY like it. Just add the proper wig...

I hate it. It's grating how Stargirl, the Robins, Hawk and Dove gets a high budget costume and Starfire get scraps. I get that Starfire costumes are really not the easiest but damn put some effort in it.

Oh, yeah - we have our best look at Starfire's actual costume yet. I REALLY like it. Just add the proper wig...

Anna diop pulls it off well

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I hate it. It's grating how Stargirl, the Robins, Hawk and Dove gets a high budget costume and Starfire get scraps. I get that Starfire costumes are really not the easiest but damn put some effort in it.
    I'll be honest: my friend who worked on costuming's least favorite is Starfire. I don't know why. But, I like it, specifically because it looks like actual CLOTHING. Which I'm fairly certain that, in the context of this show, it is.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

It looks like a Starfire costume on a TV budget, which I guess is either a good thing or a bad thing depending on how you look at it, but it's much better then her season 1 outfit.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It looks like a Starfire costume on a TV budget, which I guess is either a good thing or a bad thing depending on how you look at it, but it's much better then her season 1 outfit.
    I m sure this isn not final

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I m sure this isn not final
    We've seen stills from a trailer of this same look with a wig added. It's final.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It looks good enough to me, wish she was orange. Though my main concern is the writing and editing because wow, it was really bad season 1 on all the main storyline episodes.
    Last edited by byrd156; 05-08-2019 at 05:06 AM. Reason: spelling
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Actors in goofy costumes walking around without any of the effects and Hollywood magic that go into making them look amazing on film will always just look like actors in goofy costumes.

In the lead-up to these films and shows, people often take for granted that there is a lot of behind-the-scenes work that goes into making this guy

look like this.

For some reason it's giving me Power Rangers vibes; it has to be the belt and the gloves((?) wrist things).
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

It looks much better than the hot pink jumpsuit and bright orange wig we were gonna get in the cut season 1 finale.

Amazing Member

I don't mind it. The only thing that is grating on me is the "knee-pads" with the "stones" in them. That just doesn't look right for me (and seems it would be really uncomfortable if she's ever shown kneeling or what not). I think I'd have to see it with a proper wig and a slightly more golden skin-tone to let me know if it is really going to work (just to see how the colours are going to match up). Still, if anyone seems like they can pull it off, it's Ms Diop.

I like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JinSoul View Post
    Just read Deathstroke 43 and I’m surprised at how much I liked it. Easily my favorite part of the Terminus Agenda. The art was great and I really enjoyed how Damian’s issue with Deathstroke is tied to his mother, and not his father. (It seems so obvious in hindsight)
    Yep. Priest did a solid job.

Hopefully they'll get rid of that fugly wig. They shoud have gon with this costume mid season 1, it looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Actors in goofy costumes walking around without any of the effects and Hollywood magic that go into making them look amazing on film will always just look like actors in goofy costumes.

In the lead-up to these films and shows, people often take for granted that there is a lot of behind-the-scenes work that goes into making this guy

look like this.

I...don't really notice much difference. The bottom shot does look brighter.
    Quote Originally Posted by JinSoul View Post
    It looks much better than the hot pink jumpsuit and bright orange wig we were gonna get in the cut season 1 finale.
    Isn't this the costume they were originally going to use?
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Hopefully they'll get rid of that fugly wig. They shoud have gon with this costume mid season 1, it looks great.
    They're using a new wig. I'm pretty sure she's going to be sporting long, red, hair like Starfire normally has.