Page 57 of 105 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast
    Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Here's a thought...

What if DC really had tried to make the Titans into an X-Men-sized franchise?

While I do think that Peterson's influence on tone was detrimental to the title... he did have some good ideas about strengthening the Titans as a franchise by bringing Deathstroke back into the book and giving the Titans a second team title.
    However, I don't think Team Titans was the best way to go.

Looking at Marvel's tactics with X-Men, especially in the '80s and '90s, they would periodically re-invent the line-up of the X-Men and launch new teams by splitting off some of the popular characters into a new series.
    Excalibur used Kitty, Nightcrawler and Rachel.
    X-Factor was the founders, which included Cyclops, someone that had been in X-Men for forever.

Imagine if, instead of getting a team of unknown nobodies and an alternate reality Terra... we got...

The Titans West team that Wolfman had been planning, but with Cyborg and Changeling being the transfers to the new team.
    I've looked at his original thoughts for the line-up, and after adding Changeling, I would drop Diah H for two females: Bumblebee and Dr. Light (Kimiyo).
    This would've given a line-up of:
    Cyborg (leader)
    Changeling
    Bumblebee
    Red Star
    Thunder
    Lightning
    Dr. Light II

A much stronger pull than Team Titans, I think.

And since DC and Marvel are always taking cues from each other...
    A second Titans spin-off team could've been the Fab Five (ala X-Factor): Nightwing (leader), Troia, Tempest, Flash and Arsenal.

As for who would remain in the main book, they'd still have Starfire (who would naturally become leader), Raven, Pantha, Jericho and some new members.
    Wolfman could've been already building up the new members to replace Changeling, Cyborg, Nightwing and Troia... if they had been thinking about expanding like this.
    And constant crossovers with the other two books would ensure that they would still be making regular appearances.
    Didn't get a chance to respond to this.

Love the lineup and I always said the Titans franchise should take notes from the X-men best days or at least experiment with what they did. However, isn't Kimiyo a little bit too old? Like isn't she around the JL member ages? I guess I always saw her as 30 or mid 30s.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Agreed. Maybe Alex Ross might be the one who could return the Titans/Teen Titans to their former glory. Ross could do something remotely similar to his Earth X/Universe X/Paradise X from Marvel.
    I really want a book like Justice that focuses on the Titans. Like 4-8 issues is all I'm asking.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Didn't get a chance to respond to this.

Love the lineup and I always said the Titans franchise should take notes from the X-men best days or at least experiment with what they did. However, isn't Kimiyo a little bit too old? Like isn't she around the JL member ages? I guess I always saw her as 30 or mid 30s.
    The Titans at the time were entering their 20s and had dropped the 'Teen'.
    Kimiyo could be in her late 20s or mid 30s. Don't think they ever gave any clues other than her profession requiring college experience.
    But then, Captain Britain was a little up there in years when he joined Excalibur.

I considered Firehawk, but didn't want to pull her away from Firestorm.
    Lilith was possible, but I really wanted to expand the Titans by adding someone who has not been associated with them but would still fit.
    Lilith would probably end up on the Fab Five team, first as a supporting member alongside Mal.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I really want a book like Justice that focuses on the Titans. Like 4-8 issues is all I'm asking.
    A book celebrating the Titans franchise would definitely be refreshing after all the stories spent trying to take them apart .

Mighty Member

Has the Fearsome Five ever been written as capable and competent? I feel like they are nerfed a lot. In theory, they should be major threats for the Titans.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    this is a kind of confrontation I wish someone was forcing on the Trinity for Sanctuary.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    Has the Fearsome Five ever been written as capable and competent? I feel like they are nerfed a lot. In theory, they should be major threats for the Titans.
    Aside from, like, their first appearance and an issue of Bryne's Superman? I don't think so.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    They need actual personalities first.It's incredible how they have personality in the cartoons they've appeared in but come off as generic and bland in the comics.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    this is a kind of confrontation I wish someone was forcing on the Trinity for Sanctuary.

Aside from, like, their first appearance and an issue of Bryne's Superman? I don't think so.
    It's a team consisted of a sorcerer, a psionic, a highly strong brute, someone who can transmute matter and someone who's good with tech. It's pretty sad to me. It seems like if your name isn't Deathstroke or Trigon, you're written to be a mere punching bag.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Sounds like a much better idea. Good thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    They need actual personalities first.It's incredible how they have personality in the cartoons they've appeared in but come off as generic and bland in the comics.
    The Hive Five were definitely more memorable and dangerous then the Fearsome Five have ever been.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Fearsome Five has some deadly feats from Wolfman's run but no one else utilized them to that extent from my knowledge. Mammoth shows up in random comic issues only to be used as fodder. Shimmer gets used as fodder but rarely and she just got killed in some Suicide Squad story. The others just get ignored. And yes they need better personalities.

The Fearsome Five and the Brotherhood of Evil were great villain groups and deserve better recognition today.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Preview for issue 30 of Teen Titans : https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2019/0...he-teen-titans

Tensions are high !

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    The Fearsome Five and the Brotherhood of Evil were great villain groups and deserve better recognition today.
    Isn't the Brotherhood still ultimately Doom Patrol villains, though?