Page 62 of 79 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672 ... LastLast
Results 916 to 930 of 1173
  1. #916
    Titans Together!! byrd156's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    9,175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Karen's had some surprisingly good looks over the years (both in and out of comics) .
    I was just thinking about that, she has some kickass costumes. Easily in the top 10 best dressed Titans.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

    "In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

    "One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

  2. #917
    Titans Together!! byrd156's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    9,175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    I never thought we'd even get one. Regardless of the quality of the show I'm still excited by seeing Dick Grayson in a Robin costume in live-action. It's been a long time since Burt Ward did it. And Titans' Donna Troy is a dream come true.

    Now I'm greedy and want the whole team.
    Donna is easily the best part of Titans to me. I don't understand how the show can mess evrything else up but nail her characterization when comics keep getting it wrong.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

    "In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

    "One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

  3. #918
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    40,804

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Donna is easily the best part of Titans to me. I don't understand how the show can mess evrything else up but nail her characterization when comics keep getting it wrong.
    Maybe it helped that she was a guest star ?

  4. #919
    Titans Together!! byrd156's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    9,175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe it helped that she was a guest star ?
    Guest stars really shouldn't outshine the main plot.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

    "In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

    "One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

  5. #920
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    7,953

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    That was awesome! Always loved that look for Karen. Also why doesnt Bumblebee have an appreciation thread yet?
    Because DC does NOTHING with her.

    DC's first black female heroine and look how they treat her.

    ESPECIALLY when you see Riri, Moon Girl & Shuri. If they can be around and have books-why can't Karen? IF there was a time to invest in females of color-NOW is that time.

  6. #921
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    40,804

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Because DC does NOTHING with her.

    DC's first black female heroine and look how they treat her.

    ESPECIALLY when you see Riri, Moon Girl & Shuri. If they can be around and have books-why can't Karen? IF there was a time to invest in females of color-NOW is that time.
    That's never been a reason for a lack of an Appreciation Thread .

    Probably be good to do a Bumblbee-based DC Zoom or Ink novel .

  7. #922
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    1,160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Because DC does NOTHING with her.

    DC's first black female heroine and look how they treat her.

    ESPECIALLY when you see Riri, Moon Girl & Shuri. If they can be around and have books-why can't Karen? IF there was a time to invest in females of color-NOW is that time.
    Bumblebee's problem is that DC hasn't given her a personality in the few comics where she does show up.

    DC has a problem with black female characters in general. Bumblebee and Steel has the same problem, they were just there to fill out rosters and didn't have much going on in their most recent appearances.

  8. #923
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe it helped that she was a guest star ?
    She wasn't. She was only listed as a guest star in the first season because of the fact that she was only appearing in a few episodes. She was always intended to join the main cast.

    "I'll always love you, Jean Grey." "I'll always love you too, Scott Summers." - Scott Summers and Jean Grey

  9. #924
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    5,336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    ESPECIALLY when you see Riri, Moon Girl & Shuri. If they can be around and have books-why can't Karen? IF there was a time to invest in females of color-NOW is that time.
    Those book have really low sales on the direct market. And Karen doesn't even has any legacy connection to prop up the sales.
    And honestly being the first female black character doesn't mean much, when most of the appearances of the character are so minor that doesn't even really has an established personality or any stories.
    I think the Rebirth Titans has afaik been her by far biggest appearance so far.

    That she is kind of a knock off of Wasp also doesn't help.

  10. #925
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Bumblebee's problem is that DC hasn't given her a personality in the few comics where she does show up.

    DC has a problem with black female characters in general. Bumblebee and Steel has the same problem, they were just there to fill out rosters and didn't have much going on in their most recent appearances.
    Teen Lantern in YJ can be interesting and dont seem to be only a fill up...

    Vixen is also nice and Icon seems to have a good role in the DC Animation Series YJ..

  11. #926
    Mighty Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Rome, Italy
    Posts
    1,888

    Default

    I feel the need to diversify this thread, Tv show, former Titans, actual teen Titans... It’s a mess and hard to follow.
    Anyway...
    Just finished reading Terminus agenda. Great story with a lot of ideas that could be developed in the future.
    My problem with it is always the cast. Emiko and Kid Falsh are the only two I would save from N52 eras but the new ones still are anonymous to me. And then there’s Damian... Robin has always been my favorite character but with Damian, I can’t stand him.
    I’m tired of plots centered on him hiding plans to others teammates, bored of the know it all brat.

  12. #927
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    1,160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    I feel the need to diversify this thread, Tv show, former Titans, actual teen Titans... It’s a mess and hard to follow.
    Anyway...
    Just finished reading Terminus agenda. Great story with a lot of ideas that could be developed in the future.
    My problem with it is always the cast. Emiko and Kid Falsh are the only two I would save from N52 eras but the new ones still are anonymous to me. And then there’s Damian... Robin has always been my favorite character but with Damian, I can’t stand him.
    I’m tired of plots centered on him hiding plans to others teammates, bored of the know it all brat.
    I'll be surprised if Crush, Djin and Roundhouse actually show up after this run is finished. It was necessary to give Damian his own generation but I doubt that those three have staying power. The most unbelievable thing is that Damian managed to alienate his teammates again and this team was specifically designed for him. I think that Damian works better as part of a duo instead of a leader or member of a team.

  13. #928
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    16,207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Because DC does NOTHING with her.

    DC's first black female heroine and look how they treat her.

    ESPECIALLY when you see Riri, Moon Girl & Shuri. If they can be around and have books-why can't Karen? IF there was a time to invest in females of color-NOW is that time.
    Jeremy Whitley even pitched one a few years ago. It was turned down, and Marvel, not knowing about it, then coincidentally offered him Unstoppable Wasp.

  14. #929
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    5,336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I'll be surprised if Crush, Djin and Roundhouse actually show up after this run is finished. It was necessary to give Damian his own generation but I doubt that those three have staying power.
    Depends probably on if the writer will stay arround and use them in other books, but usually new additions to team books fade quickly into obscurity (that happens even with Justice Leaguers).

    Beast Bay, Raven, Starfire and Cyborg are really an exception when it comes to that.

  15. #930
    Astonishing Member HandofPrometheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Those book have really low sales on the direct market. And Karen doesn't even has any legacy connection to prop up the sales.
    And honestly being the first female black character doesn't mean much, when most of the appearances of the character are so minor that doesn't even really has an established personality or any stories.
    I think the Rebirth Titans has afaik been her by far biggest appearance so far.

    That she is kind of a knock off of Wasp also doesn't help.
    I don't see books with low sales as a bad thing. At least those characters are getting stories on their own and having their own material. If Shuri is gaining interest people can just walk into a store snd buy her trades if they're looking for something to read. Not to mention they can also buy BP stuff. The same can't be said with Karen.

    Her being a knockoff isn't even hurting her. She's loved in the TT and YJ shows. Plus Rebirth got rid of her suit powers and made her an actual meta which I prefer.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •