Page 64 of 105 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Marvel does not CARE about the direct market. You have books like Shuri, Moon Girl, Wasp, Ms Marvel, Iceman & Squirrel Girl made for a REASON.
    It's to get MATERIAL starring them out there on the shelves and understanding they fill in the holes.
    Shuri is going to last 10 issues. She will have 3 trades (1 being her BP run). She does not need 20 volumes of trades. Those 3 are enough until the next movie.
    Same with Wasp and her 4. That is enough to fill the market and the resell market. Enough for a few special editions.
    DC did that to with other characters than Bumble Bee, apparently that strategy didn't work out for them. And they don't have something as big as the MCU that might get casual fans to pick up trades for these characters.

DC strategy seems at the moment more to be to double down on quality and popular characters and creators.

Karen can't do that? She's not good enough for ONE trade?
    There is at least not much of reason to giver her a trade, instead of DCS other C or D-Listers (of which they they have plenty). And what chance does she have, when even way more popular Titans (Raven, Starfire, Cyborg) can't keep books going.

This character only had 10 appearances in his 30 years of existence.
    This character only had 43 solo issues.
    This character was a joke creation and was MIA for 15 years.

Say hi to Rocket Raccoon, Static & Squirrel Girl.

Nothing is stopping a person from taking someone with nothing and doing something with them.
    With a good idea you can make such a character a success, but for the most part it doesn't work out.
    Even if I go by your examples, are not particularly successful when it comes to comic sales on the direct market.
    - Rockets longest lasting series has lastet for 11 issues
    - The Attempt for a Static Series when the New 52 was launched flopped
    - Squirrel Girls sales on the direct market are at best around 10K copies per issue
    Last edited by Aahz; 05-23-2019 at 11:16 PM.

Extraordinary Member

If they would really want to do a Bumble Bee book, the Inc or Zoom imprints would probably a better place than the normal DCU.

This way they can also go directly for a Graphic novel instead of Floppies that will just sit on the shelves.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Awesome picture! Kaldur belongs more with the YJ generation (ie Tim, Kon, Cassie, Bart, Jaime, Virgil, Megan...etc) if you ask me. Still a cool picture though.
    Thanks, El_Gato. But I feel Kaldur doesn't belong to any generation, but he hasn't made an appearance in the comics and from the YJ cartoon, he's part of Dick and Wally's generation. That's Jackson Hyde and despite DC making him look like Kaldur, they, to me, are completely different characters that may have the same look, powers and similar origins.
    Jackson now is part of Damion's generation with Nu Wally and his Teen Titans. Not a fan.

And for Roy's baseball cap: I like it. It's better than that Bycocket that's better left in the 16th century. And I feel it fits his character, even if I'm the only one who does.
    Maybe I'll do a 3rd generation pic with Tim, Conner, Cassie, Bart and their crew.

Extraordinary Member

Bumblebee onl consitent appearance is in dc superhero girls to fill their black girl quota
    she is way beyond saving at this point, no use in worrying if DC is gonna shine anyone up its Vixen

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    Thanks, El_Gato. But I feel Kaldur doesn't belong to any generation, but he hasn't made an appearance in the comics and from the YJ cartoon, he's part of Dick and Wally's generation. That's Jackson Hyde and despite DC making him look like Kaldur, they, to me, are completely different characters that may have the same look, powers and similar origins.
    Jackson now is part of Damion's generation with Nu Wally and his Teen Titans. Not a fan.

And for Roy's baseball cap: I like it. It's better than that Bycocket that's better left in the 16th century. And I feel it fits his character, even if I'm the only one who does.
    Maybe I'll do a 3rd generation pic with Tim, Conner, Cassie, Bart and their crew.
    I liked the Baseball Cap Roy better than the Rebirth Roy, my favorite was Arsenal with the Robot-Arm.

I personally would love more to see Tula from NEW52 and YJ Anime Series in the Conner,Bart,Cassie Generation than Kaldur.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    I liked the Baseball Cap Roy better than the Rebirth Roy, my favorite was Arsenal with the Robot-Arm.

I personally would love more to see Tula from NEW52 and YJ Anime Series in the Conner,Bart,Cassie Generation than Kaldur.
    That was the absolute worst version of Roy.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    That was the absolute worst version of Roy.
    which one?

I didnt like the newer comics and the death of Roy, but I liked the dark approach when he lost his arm.
    I think NEW52 was worser and Rebirth one was quite boring...

Not a fan of Kaldur, would like to see more an Aquagirl like Tula with YJ..
    In that case, go with Lorena. She's a part of Tim's generation. Tula goes more with Dick's.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Bumblebee onl consitent appearance is in dc superhero girls to fill their black girl quota
    she is way beyond saving at this point, no use in worrying if DC is gonna shine anyone up its Vixen
    Why not both? It's not an either or situation. Karen can be used for YJ/TT stuff and Mari for JL stuff.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Mighty Member

In that case, go with Lorena. She's a part of Tim's generation. Tula goes more with Dick's.
    No....
    Pre-Flashpoint Tula was part of Dicks Generation and died...

NEW52 wasnt in a team as far as I remeber and in the TV Series Tula was part of the YJ team for short time....

And NO Sorry, but Tula (at least the NEW52 and YJ TV Show Versions) were MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH more powerful and interesting than Lorena...
    Lorena was one of the really unncessary characters who DC developed...

YJ TV Show Tula had magical Powers, NEW52 was step-sister of Aquaman and Queen of Atlantis and was a highly trained soldier who fought with Mera, while Lorena was only a normal girl who became a bit stronger and later gained Telekinetic Powers, but the Tula Versions were much more powerful...

Stop being those people, it’s their fan art. They can draw whoever the hell they want.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 05-24-2019 at 11:25 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Why not both? It's not an either or situation. Karen can be used for YJ/TT stuff and Mari for JL stuff.
    Its always an either or situation

Jon or Hal Wally or Wally Kara or Karen Starr

Karen is not the token they are interested in polishing, despite appearing in cult status TT and the popular revived YJ
    has she built up any support or fanbase?

No....
    Pre-Flashpoint Tula was part of Dicks Generation and died...

NEW52 wasnt in a team as far as I remeber and in the TV Series Tula was part of the YJ team for short time....

And NO Sorry, but Tula (at least the NEW52 and YJ TV Show Versions) were MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH more powerful and interesting than Lorena...
    Lorena was one of the really unncessary characters who DC developed...

YJ TV Show Tula had magical Powers, NEW52 was step-sister of Aquaman and Queen of Atlantis and was a highly trained soldier who fought with Mera, while Lorena was only a normal girl who became a bit stronger and later gained Telekinetic Powers, but the Tula Versions were much more powerful...
    Nah. Still see Tula as a part of Dicks generation. She doesnt belong with Tim's crew. Also Lorena can be a great love interest for Jaime. Can have yourself a powerhouse Latino couple right there.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Nah. Still see Tula as a part of Dicks generation. She doesnt belong with Tim's crew. Also Lorena can be a great love interest for Jaime. Can have yourself a powerhouse Latino couple right there.
    Tula was Garth's girlfriend. Of course she's a part of Dick's gen, she died and stayed pretty consistently dead.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Tula was Garth's girlfriend. Of course she's a part of Dick's gen, she died and stayed pretty consistently dead.
    No, you are talking about PRE-FLASHPOINT...

I am talking about https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Tula_(Prime_Earth) and https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Tula_(Earth-16)

NEW52 Tula could still be alive...and wasnt a part of any generation, as far as I can remember..

No, you are talking about PRE-FLASHPOINT...

I am talking about https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Tula_(Prime_Earth) and https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Tula_(Earth-16)

NEW52 Tula could still be alive...and wasnt a part of any generation, as far as I can remember..
    Yeah I don't care about that version.