Page 68 of 105 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1570

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Roy should've punched Dick in the face at this moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    It was at that point that they should have said "**** that" and kept the team going without Dick. This is not the Young Justice cartoon. The Titans are not affiliated with the Justice League. They do not answer to them, nor do they need their permission to operate. Especially now that none of them are sidekicks anymore.

And to add insult to injury, the next Titans team we get is one that was formed by the league. Complete with their own mole on the team to make sure the kids stay in line.
    Pfft, Dick should have punched Roy in the face. Dick should have punched them all in the face and get better team members. Im sure Dick could have found better things to do then get beat up and be a prop for these guys every arc. Do you know why they didn’t keep the team going without Dick, cause they can’t. I’m beyond tired of seeing Dick get hit by and fed to his obvious lesser teammate in failed lazy attempts to portray them at his level. Only for them to go on and continue to do nothing like they been doing for the last multiple decades, while Dick has to continue to be the one the Titans need on its cover. The Titans has become noting but a toxic environment for Dick. There just to take the hits.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 05-28-2019 at 06:12 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    They've already been got multiple times, lesser stuff I will admit but they have been screwed over too. Remember red Beast Boy and the Ravagers? DC doesn't either.
    Despite being red, Beast Boy was one of the two good things about about Ravagers. I still think that the Ravagers would have been good with better writing and a cast that wasn't made up of literally who's and Terra(who was surprisingly the other good thing about that bok).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Pfft, Dick should have punched Roy in the face. Dick should have punched them all in the face and get better team members. Im sure Dick could have found better things to do then get beat up and be a prop for these guys every arc. Do you know why they didn’t keep the team going without Dick, cause they can’t. I’m beyond tired of seeing Dick get hit by and fed to his obvious lesser teammate in failed lazy attempts to portray them at his level. Only for them to go on and continue to do nothing like they been doing for the last multiple decades, while Dick has to continue to be the one the Titans need on its cover. The Titans has become noting but a toxic environment for Dick.
    For real?

I love the idea that Dick needs better teammates when, like Batman, his teammates are intentionally made more incompetent so he can shine. This has been the case since literally the first BatB crossover with Dick, Wally, and Garth.

The thing they're complaining about is the scene and how Dick was written more than anything. The JL does significantly worse than anything the Titans did in the Rebirth Era. Hell, this entire scene was about Wally's irresponsible power use and Donna having an evil future version come to the past when Wonder Woman like 2 months prior had an evil future version of herself come to the past and they're literally living in a universe caused by Barry's reckless use of his powers.

It's a dumb scene to put down the Titans and Dick isn't above that. Dick will always be put down relative to Batman when push comes to shove. If he wasn't worse than Batman he'd be on the JL.
    Last edited by Dred; 05-28-2019 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Anything negative with them won't stick.
    And yet it took Rebirth for us to finally be rid of this monstrosity

Astonishing Member

Yeah, some dumb edgy stuff they tried out that didn't stick when popularity waned. Raven gets minis and solos and is always in a book. Can't say that for the fab five sans Dick. Dick, the only Fab Five member who shows up in the cartoon and stars in the DCU show. Go figure, huh?

Pfft, Dick should have punched Roy in the face. Dick should have punched them all in the face and get better team members. Im sure Dick could have found better things to do then get beat up and be a prop for these guys every arc. Do you know why they didn’t keep the team going without Dick, cause they can’t. I’m beyond tired of seeing Dick get hit by and fed to his obvious lesser teammate in failed lazy attempts to portray them at his level. Only for them to go on and continue to do nothing like they been doing for the last multiple decades, while Dick has to continue to be the one the Titans need on its cover. The Titans has become noting but a toxic environment for Dick. There just to take the hits.
    That's a pretty toxic and nonsensical view of the Titans but okay. Dick was the one disbanding the team. This is just bad writing at it's finest.

Really it's just Abnett and the heads at DC. I've said this a million times and I'll say it a million more times the characters are not the problem. It's the writers and editors who don't give characters enough expose, stories, effort, etc. You can dislike a character like Roy but all it takes is one good story, you good push and suddenly they become a fan favorite.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

The deaging seems to have stuck which is a negative in my eyes.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

For real?

I love the idea that Dick needs better teammates when, like Batman, his teammates are intentionally made more incompetent so he can shine. This has been the case since literally the first BatB crossover with Dick, Wally, and Garth.

The thing they're complaining about is the scene and how Dick was written more than anything. The JL does significantly worse than anything the Titans did in the Rebirth Era. Hell, this entire scene was about Wally's irresponsible power use and Donna having an evil future version come to the past when Wonder Woman like 2 months prior had an evil future version of herself come to the past and they're literally living in a universe caused by Barry's reckless use of his powers.

It's a dumb scene to put down the Titans and Dick isn't above that. Dick will always be put down relative to Batman when push comes to shove. If he wasn't worse than Batman he'd be on the JL.
    Oh ya, that was real prevalent in this run. And the one before that, and the one before that even. Seriously when is the last time you seen Dick beat the **** out of one of his teammates, cause it happens all the time to Dick. Damn right Dick needs better teammates. They keep surrounding him with characters where getting any air time is a step up for them, and Dick becomes nothing but a prop. But that’s ok cause he has a solo and they don’t. As if that isn’t backwards. Like I said, the Titans has become nothing but a toxic environment for Dick. Where he’s always coming out looking lesser. Please do more Titans book like that one with out him. Dick needs a legit super hero team, not a home for forgotten characters the franchises they came from want nothing to do with anymore.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 05-28-2019 at 06:37 PM.

Astonishing Member

Oh, ya that was real prevalent in this run. Seriously when is the last time you seen Dick beat the **** out of one of his teammates, cause it happens all the time to Dick. Damn right Dick needs better teammates. The keep surrounding him with characters where getting any air time is a step up for them, and like I said the Titans has become nothing but a toxic environment where he’s always coming out looking lesser.
    Titans as a franchise literally existed for the majority of its time as a way to promote Dick Grayson the Boy Wonder turned Nightwing. This is such a preposterous stance. Other characters getting screentime is toxic for him? Do you just want a second Dick book when the rest of the team has nothing? Do you want Dick to have no friends outside of the Batfamily?

Titans as a franchise literally existed for the majority of its time as a way to promote Dick Grayson the Boy Wonder turned Nightwing. This is such a preposterous stance. Other characters getting screentime is toxic for him? Do you just want a second Dick book when the rest of the team has nothing? Do you want Dick to have no friends outside of the Batfamily?
    At this point, I don’t care if Dick has no friends outside the Bat family. These guys aren’t his friends, they certainly don’t act like it, and even Donna made that clear. I’d rather see him try to make new friends then be saddled with “friends” that do nothing but hurt him at this point. Where it’s become so ok and actually common for them to hit him, and even have people asking for it. All the Titans do now for him is chew him up and spit him out. I’m not asking for a second Dick book where the rest of the team has nothing, nor did I say other characters getting screen time is toxic for him. I’m asking for a team book where Dick is not going to be just a prop, isn’t punished for being able to carry a solo, and doesn’t come out looking like ****. Titans seem to need him more then they want him, and he is only coming out looking worse from these books. So please, go on with out him. Have Roy be the one that carries on the team then. Otherwise why have Roy beat the **** out of him as they did.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 05-28-2019 at 07:07 PM.

Pfft, Dick should have punched Roy in the face. Dick should have punched them all in the face and get better team members.
    For what? They're not the ones who bowed down like obedient pets when the league came knocking. Something that not even an in-character Dick would have done. Were they just supposed to be okay with him suddenly becoming Bruce's lap dog right in front of them? I love Grayson but he needed his lights knocked out for that.

I'll give you this though. The other Titans are so whipped and reliant on Dick to function as a team, that they couldn't do what they should have done and told him and the League to go piss off. In the end, all it took was Dick folding for them to follow suit (albeit reluctantly). They all came out looking bad but Dick came out looking the worst.
    Last edited by Blue22; 05-28-2019 at 07:32 PM.

Astonishing Member

At this point, I don’t care if Dick has no friends outside the Bat family. These guys aren’t his friends, they certainly don’t act like it, and even Donna made that clear. I’d rather see him try to make new friends then be saddled with “friends” that do nothing but hurt him at this point. Where it’s become so ok and actually common for them to hit him, and even have people asking for it. All the Titans do now for him is chew him up and spit him out. I’m not asking for a second Dick book where the rest of the team has nothing, nor did I say other characters getting screen time is toxic for him. I’m asking for a team book where Dick is not going to be just a prop, isn’t punished for being able to carry a solo, and doesn’t come out looking like ****. Titans seem to need him more then they want him, and he is only coming out looking worse from these books. So please, go on with out him. Have Roy be the one that carries on the team then. Otherwise why have Roy beat the **** out of him as they did.
    Wally West is literally his best friend and there's years of stories supporting that.

This is a Teen Titans/Titans appreaciation thread. Not a "The Titans all fucking suck because it doesn't make Dick look better" thread. Roy "beat" him the same way Dick has beaten the **** out of Roy before. Roy was in the right in that story so got to triumph so he got a chance to prove his point.

I don't know what franchise you've been watching or reading but it seems like a singular moment pissed you off so you've condemned the whole thing.

Donna was Dick’s best friend, Wally a close second. And Dick hasn’t beaten the crap out of Roy, though he should be able to beat the crap out of Roy , cause Dick doesn’t get anything out of beating Roy up. No one is trying to prove Dick is at Roy’s level. That’s why Dick is the one always taking the hits, and Wally too. This isn’t a singular moment. This is the straw that broke the camels back.
    This is part of why the Titans is toxic for Dick. The fact they have fans saying how the others should beat him up or punch him, which is ok but say Dick should punch them and how dare you, and despite how obvious it is will defend how it’s ok for Dick to do nothing and be portrayed like crap just proves it. I knew Dick was gonna be in trouble when Abnett had Dick running away screaming in TH, and even then be told how that’s ok cause Dick is weak and feeble and like every Bat character is always favored...
    Last edited by Godlike13; 05-28-2019 at 08:18 PM.

Incredible Member

I love the Fab 5. Even though Abnett's run isnt popular here and it doesn't do much as they intended it to do due to interference. That was the one book that sold me on the Fab 5. I love how much the book focused on their friendships and the tests and trials on preserving their friendship.

It made me look back on pre-fp runs and look for golden moments. The Fab 5 even surpassed my love for YJ4. I don't understand why DC shelved one of them, shot one, killed one and are destroying the other 2. Why destroy your IP like that?

Hopefully the new decade shines bright on them. I honestly feel like they can come back from this. The YJ4 came back from similar situations like this(Tim char assassination, Bart and Conner being criminal terrorists, Cassie a thief).

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    I love the Fab 5. Even though Abnett's run isnt popular here
    Oh don't think you're alone. I REALLY enjoyed that run up until the end lol