Page 69 of 105 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1570

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Donna was Dick’s best friend, Wally a close second. And Dick hasn’t beaten the crap out of Roy, though he should be able to beat the crap out of Roy , cause Dick doesn’t get anything out of beating Roy up. No one is trying to prove Dick is at Roy’s level. That’s why Dick is the one always taking the hits, and Wally too. This isn’t a singular moment. This is the straw that broke the camels back.
    This is part of why the Titans is toxic for Dick. The fact they have fans saying how the others should beat him up or punch him, which is ok but say Dick should punch them and how dare you, and despite how obvious it is will defend how it’s ok for Dick to do nothing and be portrayed like crap just proves it. I knew Dick was gonna be in trouble when Abnett had Dick running away screaming in TH, and then be told how that’s ok cause Dick is weak and feeble and like every Bat character is always favored...
    Fans aren't calling for Dick to be beat up. I said that because it was a moment of complete and utter stupidity for everyone and would be an actual character thing Roy would do. And it was also a call back to Titans #16 which is a favorite issue of mine. Roy punching Dick actually saved the team because they were trapped in limbo.

"It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    I love the Fab 5. Even though Abnett's run isnt popular here and it doesn't do much as they intended it to do due to interference. That was the one book that sold me on the Fab 5. I love how much the book focused on their friendships and the tests and trials on preserving their friendship.

It made me look back on pre-fp runs and look for golden moments. The Fab 5 even surpassed my love for YJ4. I don't understand why DC shelved one of them, shot one, killed one and are destroying the other 2. Why destroy your IP like that?

Hopefully the new decade shines bright on them. I honestly feel like they can come back from this. The YJ4 came back from similar situations like this(Tim char assassination, Bart and Conner being criminal terrorists, Cassie a thief).
    DC makes no sense right now. Superman and JL are the only things right now that feel normal.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Well do you know what might save the team now, Dick punching back and upgrading from so these so called friends where it’s become so in character and ok for him to get attacked and hit by. Cause like I said, there’s a reason why the others didn’t go on with out him.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 05-28-2019 at 08:28 PM.

We do you what will save the team now, Dick punching back and upgrading from friends where it’s become so in character and ok for him to get attacked and hit by.
    Did you have a stroke while typing? I seriously can't understand what you're saying.

My iPad is buggy

Astonishing Member

Well do you know what might save the team now, Dick punching back and upgrading from so these so called friends where it’s become so in character and ok for him to get attacked and hit by. Cause like I said, there’s a reason why the others didn’t go on with out him.
    Please stop posting about how much you hate the Titans in the Titans appreciation thread.

You can criticize the story in which this happened because you disliked that particular scene, but this is not the place for talking about how the entire cast besides Dick sucks and that they should get rid of them.

So it’s cool to talk about how Dick sucks and how they should get rid of him, but the others are off the table. Ok, whatever.

Astonishing Member

So it’s cool to talk about how Dick sucks and how they should get rid of him, but the others are off the table. Ok, whatever.
    No, it's good to talk about how the story should've played out differently. People were saying they shouldn't have stood down for Dick there and should've fought it. That is criticizing the story. Everyone has said that Dick was being written super poorly there. You're literally saying the characters are all garbage and Dick should "upgrade" from them as if that's how people and friends work.

No one in this thread thinks Dick sucks.

He’s done it before

BTW don't always take what i say literally.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 05-28-2019 at 09:00 PM.

Astonishing Member

But that's the only point you have. How else am I supposed to take it?

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    DC makes no sense right now. Superman and JL are the only things right now that feel normal.
    Superman does not feel normal either.

Who wants Dick out of the Titans?

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    But that's the only point you have. How else am I supposed to take it?
    As hyperbole. They are not all garbage obviously, just Roy is (total garbage btw), but im exaggerating. Truth is i have become over the Fab 5, but i don't literally think Dick should beat um all up and ditch them cause they suck. Its more that im tired of Dick being portrayed as punching bag, not just when in come to the JL but when it comes to the Titans too. Cause the Titans don't move on with out him. When people are clamoring for other Titans to hit him, and for them to go on with out him, they have a problem. And honestly it kind of silly how much Dick gets hit by his friends, and brothers, and mentors and how ok its become. Im not ok with it anymore. It makes Dick look just as bad as him bending over to the JL. If Roy touches him again he needs to rip his arm off and beat him with it. Cause at the end of the day Dick has to go on with the Titans, and his solo, while Roy goes back to limbo. And this goes for them all. Dick's not a punching bag, and he's a Titan too.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 05-28-2019 at 09:32 PM.

I'm amazed that there are those that still defend Abnett's Titans as good. I can understand it if you are so desperate for anything from these characters together that you would accept it. Like a person dying of thirst would think dirty water is the best thing they have ever drunk, but the run was dreadful. It was such an insulting book to anyone who valued these characters pre-New 52 in my eyes. The story and characterizations were so bad and I don't think Abnett had a clue on what to do with them. Sure, it wasn't all on him given the editorial and management problems, but the story he put to paper was very poor.

Now I try and make my biases known and the biggest reason why I think the run sucked, which were MANY, was his characterization of Dick. You could tell early on that he had a terrible grasp of his character all the way back to Titans Hunt. Him running away scared, getting beaten up, putting Dick in his Nightwing costume randomly, and being competently ineffectual were giant warning signs that many missed because they were so drunk on nostalgia at the time. I'd still argue that Abnett's Dick is the worst characterization in the character's history. I don't think anyone wrote him worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    I love the Fab 5. Even though Abnett's run isnt popular here and it doesn't do much as they intended it to do due to interference. That was the one book that sold me on the Fab 5. I love how much the book focused on their friendships and the tests and trials on preserving their friendship.
    What is funny is that Abnett later admitted that the thing you liked about that run is the reason why it failed. He cited that the "friendship" focus is what lead to the books downfall in his eyes.

And these friendships were completely hollow in my eyes. Dick and Donna despite being the two closest over Titans history I think had like one conversation in the whole first run in the series. I never got a real sense of friendship between any of them that wasn't just very shallow "look at us being friends and eating pizza together" type stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Who wants Dick out of the Titans?
    Me! lol

Astonishing Member

The book's failure is it was literally not allowed to function on the main premise it was started by.