Page 71 of 105 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1570
    Fantastic Member primenumber101's Avatar

Well, while DC community boards is busy discussing about HIC fiasco and Doomsday Clock; Beast Boy got a mini story in this week's Dog Days of Summer special.

spoilers:
    I think the story was nice, nothing ground breaking but pretty fun to read.

Bascially, Gar gets into the competition with some bully in the beach during his vacation, in which Gar managed to beat him in many competitons thanks to his shapeshifting power.
    In the last contest in swimming, bully's friends tried to drown Gar with the fishnet, but Gar managed to freed himself by turning into the small fish that was just passing by and managed to win the contest.

Oh, he also made a friend in the beach, a deadpan nerd who was reading a comic book in the beach. They share a comic book at the end.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by primenumber101 View Post
    Well, while DC community boards is busy discussing about HIC fiasco and Doomsday Clock; Beast Boy got a mini story in this week's Dog Days of Summer special.

spoilers:
    I think the story was nice, nothing ground breaking but pretty fun to read.

Bascially, Gar gets into the competition with some bully in the beach during his vacation, in which Gar managed to beat him in many competitons thanks to his shapeshifting power.
    In the last contest in swimming, bully's friends tried to drown Gar with the fishnet, but Gar managed to freed himself by turning into the small fish that was just passing by and managed to win the contest.

Oh, he also made a friend in the beach, a deadpan nerd who was reading a comic book in the beach. They share a comic book at the end.
    end of spoilers
    That sounds like a nice little one off. Seems kinda extreme to drown someone over a competition like that lol.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    The Titans brand is youth though. Teens or young adults. It can't escape it. So you run into this problem of trying to show these adult heroes that have been at it for years as capable heroes but they are stuck in a franchise that is built around them not being these experienced veterans. They are constantly fighting against what the whole Titan's franchise identity is and it doesn't work. So they suffer more than most when they are competing with the JL teams. It is why I think when they become adults they should move on from the Titans and leave the franchise to the actual young heroes.
    I dont think so, Teen Titans yes, BUT!! Titans was always for me the second most powerful on one Earth based Team only...
    JSA is multi-earthed.

Titans was for me always the Team who are the logical followers of the JL and the team who also fights against Villains on the JL Level...

Donna,Dick,Garth and Wally are also nearly as powerful or in Wallys Case also more powerful than their mentors..

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    that only works when they're teens, As adults they'd look immature. Also thats what dc's actual current teen books are for. Hell that what the wonder comics line is for. Dc has both teen titans and young justice for the friendship stuff. They don't need the titans being that.
    Dont think so...

The friendship stuff always made the Titans for me the much better Team than the JL.
    Like you see also in the Titans Book when the JL and Titans Members are trapped in the Building.

All-New Member

I obviously maintain the opinion that the NTT were the peak of Titans, the classic team and the example to follow. Despite some opinions that they tried to reuse them, thats not quite true.

It was either a very short lived attempt (few issues here and there) or simply not following the principles used by Wolfman and Perez back in the day. Johns was maybe the only one who had come closer, having as well a longer run iirc.

The NTT success I believe was based on the fact they get new, original or interesting members, some able to easily rival (Starfire) or even surpass (Raven) any Justice League ones. They opened a whole new category of possible new story arcs, bring in new villains, opened the connection with space and sci fi, aliens and such and with supernatural, occult, magic, psy powers and other dimensions.

Titans have suddenly became just as interesting and rich in possible story material as Justice League and not just following same paths or fighting similar villains but having new, original ones (Trigon, Deathstroke etc). They were also capable to fight similar or even greater dangers than them. They were also independent of JL, even the few former sidekicks were moving away from the shadow of their seniors (Dick become Nightwing and able to even rival Batman as his own character, Wally became the Flash, Donna wasn't even a former WW sidekick at that point). I am OK with so called Fab 5 but they will never be able to move further by themselves because regardless the writting they will always be seen as the former sidekicks and few people (both DC editorial and even fans in general) see them as surpassing their seniors.

Orignal and interesting characters as Raven, Starfire, Cyborg, even Beast Boy, have no such baggage and were able to push the Titans to their glory peak, surpassing JL and its characters back in the day

If DC would have followed that path Titans would have been at least as successful as Marvel's X-Men.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by darud View Post
    I obviously maintain the opinion that the NTT were the peak of Titans, the classic team and the example to follow. Despite some opinions that they tried to reuse them, thats not quite true.

It was either a very short lived attempt (few issues here and there) or simply not following the principles used by Wolfman and Perez back in the day. Johns was maybe the only one who had come closer, having as well a longer run iirc.

The NTT success I believe was based on the fact they get new, original or interesting members, some able to easily rival (Starfire) or even surpass (Raven) any Justice League ones. They opened a whole new category of possible new story arcs, bring in new villains, opened the connection with space and sci fi, aliens and such and with supernatural, occult, magic, psy powers and other dimensions.

Titans have suddenly became just as interesting and rich in possible story material as Justice League and not just following same paths or fighting similar villains but having new, original ones (Trigon, Deathstroke etc). They were also capable to fight similar or even greater dangers than them. They were also independent of JL, even the few former sidekicks were moving away from the shadow of their seniors (Dick become Nightwing and able to even rival Batman as his own character, Wally became the Flash, Donna wasn't even a former WW sidekick at that point). I am OK with so called Fab 5 but they will never be able to move further by themselves because regardless the writting they will always be seen as the former sidekicks and few people (both DC editorial and even fans in general) see them as surpassing their seniors.

Orignal and interesting characters as Raven, Starfire, Cyborg, even Beast Boy, have no such baggage and were able to push the Titans to their glory peak, surpassing JL and its characters back in the day

If DC would have followed that path Titans would have been at least as successful as Marvel's X-Men.

I agree with this BUT from my point of view I logically would mention Johns Teen Titans 2003-2008 which I really loved and in the Series we saw the new Members growing.

-Cassie became from former WW protegee to a great leader and stepped in HER OWN powers, making herself independet of Zeus and Ares
    -Conner became more serious and was one of the few Superheroes who really were able to trade punches with Superboy Prime and also to destroy the Tower
    -Tim also became more independent and his father died
    -Bart gave up his Impulse personality and became Kid Flash II and this personal growth was also seen by Donna for example

I still wish that they would simply make 2 Titans Teams:
    1 in New York with Nightwing,Donna,Wally,Roy,Garth,Lilith
    2 in San Francisco with Tim,Cassie,Bart,Conner,Mia or Arrowette,Raven,Static

Fantastic Member primenumber101's Avatar

Trailer for Teen Titans: Raven by Kami Garcia and Gabriel Picolo.

Garcia and Gabriel also announced their second Teen Titans book: Starring Beast Boy!

http://www.multiversitycomics.com/ne...st-boy-dc-ink/

Quote Originally Posted by primenumber101 View Post
    Trailer for Teen Titans: Raven by Kami Garcia and Gabriel Picolo.

Garcia and Gabriel also announced their second Teen Titans book: Starring Beast Boy!

http://www.multiversitycomics.com/ne...st-boy-dc-ink/
    Cool .

I keep forgetting about "Rachel Roth" to be honest...

I'm guessing the next one will be Starfire?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Cool .

I keep forgetting about "Rachel Roth" to be honest...

I'm guessing the next one will be Starfire?
    Next one is Beast Boy.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Next one is Beast Boy.
    I meant after Beast Boy .

(I wonder if they'll do a Cyborg one as part of the "Titans" stuff).

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I meant after Beast Boy .

(I wonder if they'll do a Cyborg one as part of the "Titans" stuff).
    The artist's twitter page has a pic he made of the cartoon line-up. My guess is these books will feature those five, so Cyborg would be included.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Extraordinary Member

Look at thease babies trying to save he day

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Look at thease babies trying to save he day
    Man, this makes things seem way more serious then they probably were in that story .

It's kind of funny how Wally and Garth's hair has seemingly changed.

Teen Titans 31 preview:

https://www.cbr.com/teen-titans-31-l...crush-preview/

Lobo reveals that he killed his sons in this continuity too:

TT-31-4.jpg

And confirmed that Crush is indeed his daughter.

What that means going forward, who knows. Especially with the Main Man.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Teen Titans 31 preview:

https://www.cbr.com/teen-titans-31-l...crush-preview/

Lobo reveals that he killed his sons in this continuity too:

TT-31-4.jpg
    And Batman let this guy on the Justice League .