Page 75 of 95 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1414
  1. #1111
    Extraordinary Member TheCape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Venezuela
    Posts
    6,721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Not sure exactly when, but it was before the 2003 Teen Titans comic.
    It was at some point between that Beast Boy mini in 1999 and the 2003 TT comic
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

    "I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

  2. #1112
    Mighty Member Tzigone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    1,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    It was at some point between that Beast Boy mini in 1999 and the 2003 TT comic
    Suddenly thought to check dcuguide and that makes it look like he switched back basically for the mini. I haven't read the mini - looks like he got a cousin for it? Doesn't really make sense to me for him to have bio family to me, but maybe it works in context.

    I'd forgotten he showed up in YJ #20 looking way too young. But he's Beast Boy there.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 07-10-2019 at 03:12 PM.

  3. #1113
    Extraordinary Member TheCape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Venezuela
    Posts
    6,721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Suddenly thought to check dcuguide and that makes it look like he switched back basically for the mini. I haven't read the mini - looks like he got a cousin for it? Doesn't really make sense to me for him to have bio family to me, but maybe it works in context.
    The mini is fine, is sort of a sequel for the NTT storyarc where Gar confront Madame Rogue and kills her by accident and for what i understand it was also a prologue for a Titan series that never came to be. I don't remember him changing his name in the mini itself thought, but i have been a while since a read it.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

    "I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

  4. #1114
    Mighty Member Tzigone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    1,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    The mini is fine, is sort of a sequel for the NTT storyarc where Gar confront Madame Rogue and kills her by accident and for what i understand it was also a prologue for a Titan series that never came to be. I don't remember him changing his name in the mini itself thought, but i have been a while since a read it.
    Okay, I remember that storyline.

    Are there any supporting (non-Titan and non-hero) characters people like from the various runs of Titans? As I have said, my reading of the titles is limited. But for a quite minor character, I liked Vernon Questor. He was usually entertaining (though not nice). Not at all fleshed out, but then he was too minor to need to be, and that wasn't what I was looking for from him.

  5. #1115
    Extraordinary Member TheCape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Venezuela
    Posts
    6,721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Okay, I remember that storyline.

    Are there any supporting (non-Titan and non-hero) characters people like from the various runs of Titans? As I have said, my reading of the titles is limited. But for a quite minor character, I liked Vernon Questor. He was usually entertaining (though not nice). Not at all fleshed out, but then he was too minor to need to be, and that wasn't what I was looking for from him.
    I had a soft spot for Sarah Simms, her friendship with Cyborg was usually enjoyable and i like that they remained friends over the years (she appeared again in Vic's mini in 2008).
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

    "I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

  6. #1116
    Mighty Member Tzigone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    1,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I had a soft spot for Sarah Simms, her friendship with Cyborg was usually enjoyable and i like that they remained friends over the years (she appeared again in Vic's mini in 2008).
    I like Sarah Simms, too. She was good with Vic. I liked her at Donna's wedding. And the kids were, IMO, a good outlet for him, too.

    Editing to comment on previous post of mine:
    Edit: Just had a thought - surely the panels indicating a sexual relationship weren't set up to make us think lowly of Tara without making think lowly of Slade, right? I can't even see how that would be the case, but just thought of it. I guess an alternative would be tricking us to falsely think her more vulnerable/manipulated, but it didn't seem to be intended play that way, either.
    I just read on TVtropes, that yes, the sexual relationship between Slade and Terra was supposed to make Terra look evil and slutty. A 15 year old girl and 50 year old man, and she's the problem? Mentioned as Word of God, so I guess from interview. I just can't wrap my mind around it. Anyone seen the interview? Disgusting, if true. Slut-shaming, of course. But also the idea that it's supposed to make her look worse than him.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 07-10-2019 at 06:59 PM.

  7. #1117
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    1,413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I like Sarah Simms, too. She was good with Vic. I liked her at Donna's wedding. And the kids were, IMO, a good outlet for him, too.

    Editing to comment on previous post of mine:


    I just read on TVtropes, that yes, the sexual relationship between Slade and Terra was supposed to make Terra look evil and slutty. A 15 year old girl and 50 year old man, and she's the problem? Mentioned as Word of God, so I guess from interview. I just can't wrap my mind around it. Anyone seen the interview? Disgusting, if true. Slut-shaming, of course. But also the idea that it's supposed to make her look worse than him.
    Wolfman is a man of strange tastes. People say that Terry Long was his only self insert, but I think Slade was also a self insert. Wolfman tried way too hard to justify his actions, at the cost of undermining the other characters.

  8. #1118
    Mighty Member Tzigone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    1,275

    Default

    Wolfman is a man of strange tastes. People say that Terry Long was his only self insert, but I think Slade was also a self insert. Wolfman tried way too hard to justify his actions, at the cost of undermining the other characters.
    Now I'm trying to find the right time/method to end him in my own headcanon-reboot-thingy. Something inglorious. Though really, simply having him treated as the villain he is while he's still around is probably enough. But I'm covering at least 20 years - so some villain exits will happen.

    Do Raven or Gar have current appreciation threads? I wanted to ask a couple questions that might be better suited there (if they have threads) than here.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 07-13-2019 at 10:57 AM.

  9. #1119
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    17,762

    Default

    A quick search for Raven Appreciation showed that she had one, but it's locked. A search for Beast Boy Changeling Appreciation yielded no results at all (and you would expect a thread title to use both of his codenames, right?). I think both need a new thread.

  10. #1120
    Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,517

    Default

    Glimpse of Donna's new look. Looks awesome. Could she get her own show please?

    https://www.cbr.com/titans-wonder-gi...k-ryan-potter/
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

    Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake.

    Currently Reading: All Star Comics, Justice League of America (Satalite years era), Huntress ('89 series)

  11. #1121
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    43,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Glimpse of Donna's new look. Looks awesome. Could she get her own show please?

    https://www.cbr.com/titans-wonder-gi...k-ryan-potter/
    At least it looks like she (and Hawk and Dove" Will be "part of the team" going into season 2 .

  12. #1122
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    497

    Default

    That costume just gets more hyped. I need a Titans S2 poster with NW and Donna ASAP pls

  13. #1123
    Extraordinary Member TheCape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Venezuela
    Posts
    6,721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Now I'm trying to find the right time/method to end him in my own headcanon-reboot-thingy. Something inglorious. Though really, simply having him treated as the villain he is while he's still around is probably enough. But I'm covering at least 20 years - so some villain exits will happen.

    Do Raven or Gar have current appreciation threads? I wanted to ask a couple questions that might be better suited there (if they have threads) than here.
    Asking then here is your best bet and you had more chance of an answer.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

    "I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

  14. #1124
    Mighty Member Tzigone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    1,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Asking then here is your best bet and you had more chance of an answer.
    For Raven and Gar I was just curious was to what eras/writers/storylines fans thought they most shined in, and most especially which characterizations of the characters they liked. I wanted to ask people who were fans (rather than get the "I don't really care for the character, but in 'X' s/he was really good" responses). And with full acknowledgement that someone might do well by one character but handle others horribly.

  15. #1125
    Satanic Member Blue22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    666

    Default

    Bias showing again but, aside from the Marv/Wofman run,y favorite versions of Gar and Raven were in the early 2000s Titans and Teen Titans books.

    But that could just also be the shipper in me talking since those seemed to be the years where those two as a couple was being pushed the hardest xD

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •