Page 82 of 105 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1570

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

by tumblr artist Comicsky
    Nice. Kind of reminds me of Otto Schmidt .

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I wish Champions would outlast TT, the cast is much more likable.
    Well, unfortunately, Champions ends in October. However, while the issue is numbered 10, it's actually Jim Zub's 22nd issue (he wrote another 9 issues, two event tie-in issues - for Infinity Countdown - and an annual in the previous volume) and the previous writer Mark Waid did 18 issues, with one event tie-in (Monsters Unleashed) by another writer, Jeremy Whitley. That's a total run of 41 issues, with 22 by the current writer. Teen Titans' most recent issue was #32, with an annual and three specials, making a total of 36 issues, combining both Rebirth creative teams (21 by the first writer and 15 by the current one). That doesn't count the two Deathstroke crossovers though (Champions had an Avengers crossover too). TT needs to run to another six issues to outlast Champions, of which three are already solicited.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 08-15-2019 at 01:30 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    The current TTs is far better then whatever the Titans book became, or even was to begin with.
    I gotta...somewhat disagree with you, there. I thought Titans was great up until Dick got Batbitched into disbanding the team. Even when they reformed under Miss Martian's supervision, I hated the concept, but didn't really dislike the comics themselves. I didn't think the series was unsalvageable until the whole Dick/Ric thing happened and forced him off the team. But up until that point, I was always enjoying it more than TT.

I actually did enjoy most of Rebirth's first attempt at Teen Titans. I thought it was a really solid roster, and I'd always wanted to see Damian on the team...Unfortunately, Damian was also the biggest problem. Seeing my most loved Robin on my most loved team was a dream come true at first. But there's not a snowball's chance in hell that making Starfire and the other veteran Titans take orders from him was ever going to work out. Low and behold, it didn't. It's also the same run that kickstarted my hatred for "Wallace" West. I was indifferent before but damn, I just find him really unlikable.

As for the current Teen Titans...well I've already said it a million times so I'll keep it brief. They've grown on me. But I still don't like them. I just don't hate them anymore....most of them anyway. At this point Damian, Djinn, and Crush are the only things that keep me coming back. Emiko's pretty okay now but she's honestly WAY too good for this team. Giving Damian his own generation of heroes was a good idea...but I'm just not a fan of the execution.
    Last edited by Blue22; 08-15-2019 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I gotta...somewhat disagree with you, there. I though Titans was great up until Dick got Batbitched into disbanding the team. Even when they reformed under Miss Martian's supervision, I hated the concept, but didn't really dislike the comics themselves. I didn't think the series was unsalvageable until the whole Dick/Ric thing happened and forced him off the team. But up until that point, I was always enjoying it more than TT.
    100% agree (and I plan to use the term Batbitched frequently now!)

I liked the Titans roster, and Lillith and Bumblebee were finally getting some long overdue development. Other than the forced Lillith/Garth romance, it was all going great until the JLA came in and neutered the team. My biggest complaint was less that the Bat-JLA did it, but rather that the Titans accepted it.
    Boo x 100. And then removing Dick was the nail in the coffin. The insistence that they be a team NOT a family took all the charm out of the book.

As with everybody else the current TT has grown on me, but I don't ever expect to see the new members again (Jinn, Roundhouse, Crush) as soon as this iteration is done...until they need cannon fodder for the next big event. I'd also say this TT version has done a better job of not letting Damian dominate everything to the nth degree like he did in the last one.

I gotta...somewhat disagree with you, there. I thought Titans was great up until Dick got Batbitched into disbanding the team. Even when they reformed under Miss Martian's supervision, I hated the concept, but didn't really dislike the comics themselves. I didn't think the series was unsalvageable until the whole Dick/Ric thing happened and forced him off the team. But up until that point, I was always enjoying it more than TT.

I actually did enjoy most of Rebirth's first attempt at Teen Titans. I thought it was a really solid roster, and I'd always wanted to see Damian on the team...Unfortunately, Damian was also the biggest problem. Seeing my most loved Robin on my most loved team was a dream come true at first. But there's not a snowball's chance in hell that making Starfire and the other veteran Titans take orders from him was ever going to work out. Low and behold, it didn't. It's also the same run that kickstarted my hatred for "Wallace" West. I was indifferent before but damn, I just find him really unlikable.

As for the current Teen Titans...well I've already said it a million times so I'll keep it brief. They've grown on me. But I still don't like them. I just don't hate them anymore....most of them anyway. At this point Damian, Djinn, and Crush are the only things that keep me coming back. Emiko's pretty okay now but she's honestly WAY too good for this team. Giving Damian his own generation of heroes was a good idea...but I'm just not a fan of the execution.
    Honestly, my problem with Emiko is that she acts like she's too good for the team.

My issue with Emiko being on that team is the same one I had with Starfire being on the last one. They both just sorta felt less like actual members and more like the babysitters

Astonishing Member

My issue with Emiko being on that team is the same one I had with Starfire being on the last one. They both just sorta felt less like actual members and more like the babysitters
    Starfire used to call Damian out when he crossed the line, Emiko does the opposite. I don't really follow Green Arrow but did something happen there to make her more ruthless and mean? From what little I saw of her before the current TT run, she seemed more chill.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Starfire used to call Damian out when he crossed the line, Emiko does the opposite.
    Didn't say she was a good babysitter XD

I don't really follow Green Arrow but did something happen there to make her more ruthless and mean? From what little I saw of her before the current TT run, she seemed more chill.
    My guess is it was the thing that pushed her to join these Titans in the first place. I honestly forgot what it was but I'm pretty sure it involved her mom almost killing her or something.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Didn't say she was a good babysitter XD

My guess is it was the thing that pushed her to join these Titans in the first place. I honestly forgot what it was but I'm pretty sure it involved her mom almost killing her or something.
    Wasn't the sole reason she joined the team was to take down the Other?

Spectacular Member Grandmaster_J's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Wasn't the sole reason she joined the team was to take down the Other?
    Yes sir

Yeah I'm not gonna lie, I forgot most of what brought this team together. I just remember this family owned restaurant that Damian frequented got blown up or the owner was murdered or...something...and that was his trigger. And there was something about Emiko's mom.

Spectacular Member Grandmaster_J's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post

As with everybody else the current TT has grown on me, but I don't ever expect to see the new members again (Jinn, Roundhouse, Crush)
    Hmm, funny how this team had to grow on a lot of you guys but for me I liked them from the start and now they're growing off me. Mainly because of Crush and Djinn.. anytime they appear on screen I start squishing up. I rather the story stop shifting back to their drama and more on the others who are majority not being used correctly. We still know nothing about Roundhouse back story, Emi, is still exactly the same over the year this run has been going on, Wallace becomes more useless every fight ( like last issue he got smacked around the most despite being the one with super speed ) and Damian.. well, I'll leave Damian fans to express all that.

At this point I don't even care to know Roundhouse's backstory. I just want him to go away. Part of me is hoping that Crush being the supposed traitor is a fakeout and that Roundhouse is the real one. I will admit to also being tired of...whatever tedious ass triangle is going on with Crush, Djinn, and Damian. As much as I don't want her to, I'm pretty sure she's gonna end up choosing Crush, anyway.

As for Damian, himself. I gotta admit, I may not be a fan of the road he's been going down in this book. And I REALLY don't like what's going on between him and Slade (don't you have your own kids to **** up? Stop moving in on Bruce's. They're his to **** up). But I've found him to be written very well, in spite of all that. Outside of Super Sons and that one short Nightwing arc, this is probably the most competently he's been written since Rebirth began. Which makes it all the more sad that I'm not particularly fond of what he's doing or this forced drama between him and and Bruce that started out of nowhere and then just kinda petered out for no real reason. It's like him officially being a teenager was the green light for writers to make him an even bigger angst machine than he was before. Just when he was finally starting to chill out.

But, if I'm being honest, a lot of the issues I've had with Damian extends to most of the Batfamily as well. They've all just been so...inconsistent these past few years. To the point where I'm not even shocked that Barbara and Alfred are the only ones who seem to care about what's currently going on with Dick.

Yeah I'm not gonna lie, I forgot most of what brought this team together. I just remember this family owned restaurant that Damian frequented got blown up or the owner was murdered or...something...and that was his trigger. And there was something about Emiko's mom.
    Emiko was trying to prevent Shado from killing someone and Shado ended up poisoning her and killing the person Emiko was trying to protect.

Oh, and Wallace was fed up because DC's golden child Harley Quinn basically assassinated a woman (albeit a criminal) and rubbed it in his face. But yet she's so deserving of redemption...
    But, if I'm being honest, a lot of the issues I've had with Damian extends to most of the Batfamily as well. They've all just been so...inconsistent these past few years. To the point where I'm not even shocked that Barbara and Alfred are the only ones who seem to care about what's currently going on with Dick.
    At least as much as anyone can care about "Rick."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Oh, and Wallace was fed up because DC's golden child Harley Quinn basically assassinated a woman (albeit a criminal) and rubbed it in his face. But yet she's so deserving of redemption...
    Okay yeah, I remember that. And while he has every right to be pissed...I still really like antihero Harley XD

I guess it's my same reasoning for not really being against what Damian's was doing with his secret jail (even if he went about it in the dumbest way possible). It may technically be considered bad...but he wasn't really wrong for doing it...or at least his reasons for doing it weren't wrong.

At least as much as anyone can care about "Rick."
    Yeah but they all should care about Dick. And yet...despite there being several ways to fix him they're all just...letting this happen. ****, you'd think Damian would be the first one to come to his rescue since Dick has been more of a father to him than Bruce ever has (plus...he has a teammate who could probably fix him. And she's just one of several people who can).
    Last edited by Blue22; 08-15-2019 at 06:01 PM.