Page 94 of 105 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 1570
  1. #1396
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    1,508

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster_J View Post
    As I predicted the whole thing just blew up in his face.. While I am glad his backstory was finally revealed as it seems I'm the only one who WAS paying attention to RH. I'm disappointed that his problem could've simple been solved by leaving the team, or confronting Damian personally. Putting the whole team in danger by releasing every prisoner, attacking your team, all that just to put Djinn back inside her ring. I guess I can't expect a 14 year old to make good decisions with revenge in mind. The whole team seem liked they still wanted to work it out with him despite the betrayal (of course it could've been a bluff) but I assume Damian's gonna release her.



    They DID call him out a lot of things he's done ever since the prison got exposed. The problem is they still continued to follow him no matter how much he screws up so who exactly was Roundhouse saving? Red Arrow stood by his side the whole time. Kid Flash complains but still stays around for whatever reason. Djinn's just there to be Crush's only main motivation, and, create rage inducing drama from her. Both could take off at any time as well.
    I think the whole point is that the team is toxic and Roundhouse did all of this for nothing.As you say, they continue to follow Damian's lead.

  2. #1397
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,267

    Default

    The biggest problem with this, and the previous series, is they both jumped to putting Damian functionally in charge because of his popularity (or their want to grow his popularity). It's a shame Spencer's Young Justice pitch never got off the ground because I think these comics, and Damian himself, would've benefitted from him being a supporting member for awhile instead of the focal point of every story. Because then ever story has to be about how he's a surly piece of shit who repeats his same lessons ad nausem. And other heroes have to be idiots or doormats to keep falling into this same cycle of batshit "heroism." Or you get this dumb Roundhouse situation.

    Maybe, just maybe, this arc will result in Damian realizing he might not be fit to make these decisions and lead. You don't have to drop the edge but we could maybe, finally, stop repeating this same duplicitous Damian stuff that makes him more a villain than hero these days.

  3. #1398
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    The biggest problem with this, and the previous series, is they both jumped to putting Damian functionally in charge because of his popularity (or their want to grow his popularity). It's a shame Spencer's Young Justice pitch never got off the ground because I think these comics, and Damian himself, would've benefitted from him being a supporting member for awhile instead of the focal point of every story. Because then ever story has to be about how he's a surly piece of shit who repeats his same lessons ad nausem. And other heroes have to be idiots or doormats to keep falling into this same cycle of batshit "heroism." Or you get this dumb Roundhouse situation.



    Maybe, just maybe, this arc will result in Damian realizing he might not be fit to make these decisions and lead. You don't have to drop the edge but we could maybe, finally, stop repeating this same duplicitous Damian stuff that makes him more a villain than hero these days.
    Technically he was a supporting member pre flashpoint

  4. #1399
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tenzel Kim View Post
    The brainwashing was wrong when the Justice League did it as well and they don't have their own prison.
    Donna Troy is walking succes story of mind wiping someone tho.....

  5. #1400
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    45,379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    The biggest problem with this, and the previous series, is they both jumped to putting Damian functionally in charge because of his popularity (or their want to grow his popularity). It's a shame Spencer's Young Justice pitch never got off the ground because I think these comics, and Damian himself, would've benefitted from him being a supporting member for awhile instead of the focal point of every story. Because then ever story has to be about how he's a surly piece of shit who repeats his same lessons ad nausem. And other heroes have to be idiots or doormats to keep falling into this same cycle of batshit "heroism." Or you get this dumb Roundhouse situation.

    Maybe, just maybe, this arc will result in Damian realizing he might not be fit to make these decisions and lead. You don't have to drop the edge but we could maybe, finally, stop repeating this same duplicitous Damian stuff that makes him more a villain than hero these days.
    I think there is a story to be told with Damian in a leadership role after all his character development and learning to adjust to that and the idea of playing with others in a way he's never been before.

    But instead all we've really gotten is two teams kind of imploding because they focused so much on Robin being a tool.

  6. #1401
    ♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦ Godlike13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    8,940

    Default

    I still think Damian needs to be taught how to lead a team. He is not like the other Robins, he shouldn’t just be placed in common Robin roles and expected to know how to do what they did. I love the kid but as he is he’s more suited to be the Wolverine of his team then the leader.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-31-2019 at 03:11 PM.

  7. #1402
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    21,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Donna Troy is walking succes story of mind wiping someone tho.....
    Putting aside the idiocy of Donna still having this dumb origin, it doesn't change the fact that Damian and the League's use of mindwipes were not working. Nine times out of ten, it doesn't do anyone any good. One success story (and I use that term very loosely) doesn't change the fact that it more often than not is wrong and blows up in someone's face.

  8. #1403
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    239

    Default

    I think we will get Red Arrow leading the team eventually. All this stuff with Roundhouse seems like a wake up call for the team. Also, Glass writes her in a way that sets her up for that role.

  9. #1404
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I still think Damian needs to be thought how to lead a team. He is not like the other Robins, he shouldn’t just be placed in common Robin roles and expected to know how to do what they did. I love the kid but as he is he’s more suited to be the Wolverine of his team then the leader.
    But he is a good team leader, in the field he coordinates everything well, he takes responsibility for his actions he brought emiko along so she could keep him in check, if he steps out of line she is their to knock sense into him

    I don’t agree with the prison and mind wiping, but he right they need to address a way to end the cycle of extreme crime it’s not fair to call his way wrong but every new story involving black mask or the joker involve 10+ dead victims

    And since time doesn’t move thease prisoner never actually do more then 6 months in prison, they do less time then petty criminals in our world

    Don’t address a problem they can’t fix

  10. #1405
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    But he is a good team leader, in the field he coordinates everything well, he takes responsibility for his actions he brought emiko along so she could keep him in check, if he steps out of line she is their to knock sense into him

    I don’t agree with the prison and mind wiping, but he right they need to address a way to end the cycle of extreme crime it’s not fair to call his way wrong but every new story involving black mask or the joker involve 10+ dead victims

    And since time doesn’t move thease prisoner never actually do more then 6 months in prison, they do less time then petty criminals in our world

    Don’t address a problem they can’t fix
    That's exactly why I like this run. Its not just punch the bad guy and everything is okay. Damian is actually trying to think through how to stop crime completely and because of that their are no easy solutions. I have never truly thought of Damian as a bad leader, I view this run as being what would happen if any hero in DC Comics attempted to end crime completely. I don't agree with it but, I really don't even know how else the problem can be solved or if it could ever be. Good and evil will always exist you could kill every villain in the DC universe and new ones would just take their place.

  11. #1406
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    239

    Default

    I feel like the Bat characters have to be bossy they are often the tactical leaders of teams with characters who may not take them seriously because of their lack of powers. They got to show that they mean business even without super strength or x ray vision.

  12. #1407
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    21,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shadow6743 View Post
    I feel like the Bat characters have to be bossy they are often the tactical leaders of teams with characters who may not take them seriously because of their lack of powers. They got to show that they mean business even without super strength or x ray vision.
    Has this actually ever been the case in universe? Because I often see other superheroes chafing against the Bats (namely Bruce and Damian) because of their assholish behavior not because of their lack of powers. Other non-powered superheroes get respect without having to be nearly as dickish.

  13. #1408
    Extraordinary Member adrikito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    6,785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Roundhouse was right to be mad at Damian, right about brainwashing villains and right that the others should've called Damian out about it. Everything else he did was wrong.
    Release the villains was one STUPID decision.. If they kill people after be released all would be Round fault too..

    Brainwash them..
    Give them a 2nd chance that will hep than to obtain one work without want to hurt or kill people again is one bad thing? Arkham canīt cure them.
    Last edited by adrikito; 10-18-2019 at 11:09 PM.

  14. #1409
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    21,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Release the villains was one STUPID decision.. If they kill people after be released all would be Round fault too..

    Brainwash them..
    Give them a 2nd chance that will hep than to obtain one work without want to hurt or kill people again is one bad thing? Arkham canīt cure them.
    It's been proven time and again that brainwashing villains to make them good doesn't work in the long term.

  15. #1410
    Extraordinary Member adrikito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    6,785

    Default

    Yeah. Is like put them in prison..

    IS THE COMICS WORLD the writers will want to use them again and someone or something will force them to return to the evil ways.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •