Page 95 of 100 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1496
  1. #1411
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,962

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Yeah. Is like put them in prison..

    IS THE COMICS WORLD the writers will want to use them again and someone or something will force them to return to the evil ways.
    And that's the sticky point for me.

    Kill the villains, and they'll get resurrected the hot second a new writer wants to use them again.
    Put them in jail (or Arkham) and they'll get busted out the hot second a new writer wants to use them again.
    Exile them to the Phantom Zone or Speed Force or whatever, and they'll get out the hot second a new writer wants to use them again.
    Redeem them to become heroes (or just civilians) and they'll return to villainy the hot second a new writer wants to use them again.

    *NO* solution works, long-term.

    And, that being the case, is it really fair to blame the hero implementing that 'flawed' solution?

    They are trapped in an unwinnable scenario where no matter what they do, the next writer is going to bring back the 'cool' villains anyway.

  2. #1412
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    44,821

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    It's been proven time and again that brainwashing villains to make them good doesn't work in the long term.
    Although I don't think Identity Crisis is still in-continuity (thankfully) so I guess they don't have an in-universe example to go off of .

  3. #1413
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    It's been proven time and again that brainwashing villains to make them good doesn't work in the long term.
    What about Donna Troy?

  4. #1414
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    20,868

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    What about Donna Troy?
    The exception to the rule and if her evil future self is any indication, it won't stop her from going evil eventually.

  5. #1415
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    18,313

    Default

    Artgerm has announced that he's doing Kori and Raven art - since Raven is currently limboed, he may have just accidentally revealed a Teen Titans relaunch?

    https://twitter.com/Artgerm/status/1187754131747987459
    Day 25 - Starfire. Actually I’m working on something official with starfire and raven right now. Take this one as a prelude.

  6. #1416
    Astonishing Member Jackalope89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    4,972

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Artgerm has announced that he's doing Kori and Raven art - since Raven is currently limboed, he may have just accidentally revealed a Teen Titans relaunch?

    https://twitter.com/Artgerm/status/1187754131747987459

    Its not a bad looks or style, but it just doesn't feel like Starfire.

  7. #1417
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    18,313

    Default

    Artgerm's art suffers from same face. He did a lot of Supergirl (variant covers for most issues of the Rebirth run, until it was temporarily cancelled when Bendis took over Superman), but compare those to other characters and they'll look similar. That's probably why you're not seeing Kori here.

  8. #1418
    Astonishing Member manwhohaseverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Its not a bad looks or style, but it just doesn't feel like Starfire.
    It's anime-esque. It feels like some shoujo starfire.A starfire nonetheless.

  9. #1419
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    44,821

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Artgerm has announced that he's doing Kori and Raven art - since Raven is currently limboed, he may have just accidentally revealed a Teen Titans relaunch?

    https://twitter.com/Artgerm/status/1187754131747987459

    I kind of miss this costume. Feels short-lived.

  10. #1420
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Artgerm has announced that he's doing Kori and Raven art - since Raven is currently limboed, he may have just accidentally revealed a Teen Titans relaunch?

    https://twitter.com/Artgerm/status/1187754131747987459


    Okay... I might get in trouble for saying this... but I really hate when artists give Kory pupils. She has some very distinct character design traits and that is one. I understand why they did it for the cartoon in the early 2000's (I don't agree with them doing it, but I sort of got why they did), but I really can't stand it when comic book/graphic novel artists do it. She's an alien, she was designed as an alien and the pupils were one indication of that. (I also don't like the straight/wavy hair versions, but I can live with them). IMHO, the pupil thing is just lazy on the artist's part. George Perez, Eduardo Barreto and Tom Grummett were all able to draw her and give an indication of where she was looking without the pupils. Other artists should be able to do so as well.

  11. #1421

  12. #1422
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    44,821

    Default

    Also showing a little leg .

  13. #1423
    Astonishing Member HandofPrometheus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,998

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marilee View Post
    Okay... I might get in trouble for saying this... but I really hate when artists give Kory pupils. She has some very distinct character design traits and that is one. I understand why they did it for the cartoon in the early 2000's (I don't agree with them doing it, but I sort of got why they did), but I really can't stand it when comic book/graphic novel artists do it. She's an alien, she was designed as an alien and the pupils were one indication of that. (I also don't like the straight/wavy hair versions, but I can live with them). IMHO, the pupil thing is just lazy on the artist's part. George Perez, Eduardo Barreto and Tom Grummett were all able to draw her and give an indication of where she was looking without the pupils. Other artists should be able to do so as well.
    I just hate her post NTT design, period. Don't like the straight hair or the pupils.

  14. #1424
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    18,313

    Default

    She probably had big curls originally because that was fashionable in the 70s and 80s. But in the 90s up to now, it hasn't been. The straight hair was an attempt to modernise her. Her hairstyle never had anything to do with her alien physiology. It's her eyes and skin colour that make her look different to humans.

  15. #1425
    Fantastic Member BLFB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    271

    Default

    This looks really cool, I really like it.

    Like it was said before, Kory's draw didn't really feel like she was Kory, but nonetheless it's a really good draw too.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •