Page 131 of 182 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141181 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 2721
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    I found this cool fan fiction in Deviantart:

Cool find, Thor-El!

I love the art on this. I wonder if the writer of this article (https://www.cbr.com/aquaman-vs-namor...ally-stronger/) was aware of it? He also broke it down to various aspects. Though, he got some stuff wrong, obviously, he came up with the same result. ;p
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    Yes, to be honest it's like a bad Omen, since the mocking "Angry fish king" to the antecedent that those guys are able to swim better than atlanteans without any gear.
    Exactly.

That reminds me. I need to change my signature to STILL SALTY.

Honestly, right now, the only non-Namor solo book I want to see Namor in, without reservation, is the new Doom series. And of course, the Invaders. Everywhere else, makes me nervous.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    And fair enough if some writers want to have Namor come off as less endearing for the sake of showing their own antagonistic take on "the angry Atlantean prince." His capability to be endearing shouldn't be forgotten of course, but so long as he's primarily recognized as a character that can convincingly teeter-totter between both, then I think it'll be fine.
    This is the problem, IMO. We rarely get to see that other side of Namor now. There's a generation of comics readers that are completely clueless about the heroic and noble side of Namor, so there's hardly any swing of the pendulum. That lack of knowledge inspired my second or third holiday countdown thread for Namor.

When i was going through a silver age reading order a couple years ago Namor is the character that stood out for me. I love the Tales to Astonish run. And all the following stories that don't have him interact much with the surface world. The Serpent Crown/Lemuria arc was great.

I would love to see a more modern take on those kinds of Namor stories. Savage Spear (trident) of Namor

Quote Originally Posted by Mormegil View Post
    When i was going through a silver age reading order a couple years ago Namor is the character that stood out for me. I love the Tales to Astonish run. And all the following stories that don't have him interact much with the surface world. The Serpent Crown/Lemuria arc was great.

I would love to see a more modern take on those kinds of Namor stories. Savage Spear (trident) of Namor
    I loved those stories too! And Marvel doesn't have any high fantasy books, so a Namor book set up like that would fill a niche. Of course, now they have Conan, so they definitely would have to lean more into the epic fantasy than the sword and sorcery side.

Namor has been teased as showing up in an upcomming issue the Immortal Hulk.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Wow, that should be good! REALLY looking forward to this one.

Really? That would be great ... I think. I can't remember the last time we saw Namor in a Hulk book. IIRC, the last appearance was actually with Herc, just before the book changed over to him.

Like the X-Men, at least it will be a lot of exposure for Namor.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Awesome!!! I can't wait!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

I guess these days I am basically hoping to plant the idea of a Namor comic solo with a writer hoping they might be inspired to actually call up Marvel and try to get one? Anyways I did ask in a tweet if DeMatties would write a Namor solo and he replied, I know nothing might come of this, but I thought I would share. link

twitter.jpg
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Alex Schomburg's 1979 recreation of his cover art originally made for All-Select Comics #2 (Winter, 1943).

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

The Namor by Byrne Omni drops tomorrow, excited folks in this thread for that?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I came across a Youtube channel that posted all kinds of comic goodies set to music. There are lots of Sub-Mariner and the other Big Three vids.

SUB-MARINER COMICS part 1

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    The Namor by Byrne Omni drops tomorrow, excited folks in this thread for that?
    I'm excited for any omnibus, oversized page, collections for Namor. The Bill Everett Golden Age Omnibus was the first one we got. So, getting TWO this year is beyond awesome. Though, I'd have been even more excited by a Tales to Astonish / John Buscema Silver Age omnibus.

I do like the art on Byrne's Namor series, but I do have some issues with the writing. But we are also getting the Jae Lee and Bob Harras arc, which is one of my favorite story arcs. I'm sure the Jae Lee art will be a bit ... extreme to my modern eyes, but I remember thinking it was pretty amazing when it came out.

SUB-MARINER COMICS part 2