Page 147 of 182 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 2721
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    I need to check that series out. For some reason, must be the artist style but they all look like college kids in cosplay.
    LOL! the art is by Chris Samnee! written by Rodger Langridge iirc it was a short series about 8 issues? Namor is in number 5. I love it so much cause it also has a lot of Thor/Jane and they are the best couple!

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    LOL! the art is by Chris Samnee! written by Rodger Langridge iirc it was a short series about 8 issues? Namor is in number 5. I love it so much cause it also has a lot of Thor/Jane and they are the best couple!

Hah, hah, that sequence is awesome. Definitely in my wish list! And I'm a fan of Thor & Jane as well.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

YES! It's from Thor the Mighty Avenger #5. One of my favorite Namor cameos! He and Thor team up.
    I need to check that series out. For some reason, must be the artist style but they all look like college kids in cosplay.
    Samnee is sort of old school, like really old, as in Milton Caniff and those guys. He's more comfortable in the more realistic adventure / noir stories than superheroes, IMO. I do think his Namor is far too slender. Samnee had a couple of great runs with Mark Waid on Daredevil and Black Widow, IIRC. He's also drawn Namor before ... I can't remember the title, but it's set in WWII and it's the panel where Bucky smarts off and Namor rips him with something about 'if sarcasm was a superpower, Bucky would actually be useful.'

He also did a great character sheet on Namor and called his swimming trunks Grandma Panties! LOL! I'll see if I can find that image.

They are great in this series, but I'm going to have to disagree with you, IW, in the 616. I'm Thor / Sif all the way in the 616. ;p

It is a wonderful all ages series, sort of AU, with each issue basically being a done in one tour of the MU. If you are trying to get someone interested in comics it is great. The whole series is out in a single trade paperback. I highly recommend it. I bought my niece a copy and me a copy.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 11-05-2019 at 11:08 AM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

I'm not sure it is a alternate universe because Amadeus Cho was there in a later panel? well we will have to see when it comes out.
    Yes ... but I can't imagine Namor as a diner cook in the 616. Definitely let us know if it is worth buying for Namor appearances, please.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Samnee is sort of old school, like really old, as in Milton Caniff and those guys. He's more comfortable in the more realistic adventure / noir stories than superheroes, IMO. He had a couple of great runs with Mark Waid on Daredevil and Black Widow, IIRC. He's also drawn Namor before ... I can't remember the title, but it's set in WWII and it's the panel where Bucky smarts off and Namor rips him with something about 'if sarcasm was a superpower, Bucky would actually be useful.'

He also did a great character sheet on Namor and called his swimming trunks Grandma Panties! LOL! I'll see if I can find that image.
    LOL. Daredevil & Black Widow? The only one I'm familiar is from the 70s, the short period were Natasha was a regular in Daredevil's regular series?

They are great in this series, but I'm going to have to disagree with you, IW, in the 616. I'm Thor / Sif all the way in the 616. ;p
    NOOOOOOOOOOOO! :P

It is a wonderful all ages series, sort of AU, with each issue basically being a done in one tour of the MU. If you are trying to get someone interested in comics it is great. The whole series is out in a single trade paperback. I highly recommend it. I bought my niece a copy and me a copy.
    I was on the fence because the artwork, although not terrible is not my cup of tea, but now you guys convinced me this series is a must read!

Yes ... but I can't imagine Namor as a diner cook in the 616. Definitely let us know if it is worth buying for Namor appearances, please.
    SAME which is why I was on the fence but the name of the diner brought me around, honestly I don't even know if Namor had to pick up a fry cook job bc he is "currently in Invaders human" right now or if he is just there to meet with Bruce? I will definitely be posting about it if it is Namor!

Samnee is sort of old school, like really old, as in Milton Caniff and those guys. He's more comfortable in the more realistic adventure / noir stories than superheroes, IMO. I do think his Namor is far too slender. Samnee had a couple of great runs with Mark Waid on Daredevil and Black Widow, IIRC. He's also drawn Namor before ... I can't remember the title, but it's set in WWII and it's the panel where Bucky smarts off and Namor rips him with something about 'if sarcasm was a superpower, Bucky would actually be useful.'

Iirc that was from the Captain America and Bucky comic! He def draws Namor much skinnier than I would like but then again I believe Namor was very young man/barely finished being a teenager back when he was fighting in WWll. Samnee has a distinctive style.

I AM BETRAYED?! LOL, I love Sif, I used to read more Thor back when I was on my Loki kick and still love Loki a lot, but I have not picked up his latest series.

Hah, hah, that sequence is awesome. Definitely in my wish list! And I'm a fan of Thor & Jane as well.
    Thor-El gets it! lol XD

Samnee is an incredible artist, but his Namor is definitely too skinny for me. Samnee was trying to go for a very youthful looking Namor, Thor as well in that story.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Iirc that was from the Captain America and Bucky comic! He def draws Namor much skinnier than I would like but then again I believe Namor was very young man/barely finished being a teenager back when he was fighting in WWll. Samnee has a distinctive style.
    It's weird for me to think that, because he doesn't really look like any less of an adult compared to the adult-looking Human Torch android and Captain America. He was just as tall as them too.

I'm going to take a sharp left turn on the convo here, but I wanted to start a discussion on villains. Namor has a handful of great villains and a bunch of okay ones, some that maybe could have potential. The great ones (imo) are Attuma, Llyra and Tigershark. The okay ones are pretty much everyone else. Even the big three still really need a good push to make them truly great. Now do you guys feel one of these three could be worked into a true nemesis for Namor? Does Namor have a Red Skull to Cap or a Doom to Reed? If not one of these three, how would you imagine creating a real arch-nemesis for Namor?

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    I love how Hercules admits, in that old Avengers issue, that he started a slugfest with Namor simply because he looked down and wanted to cheer Namor up. They also have a clambake at night on the beach at the end with the other Avengers.
    And Cap asking Namor to join the Avengers was icing on the cake.

YES! It's from Thor the Mighty Avenger #5. One of my favorite Namor cameos! He and Thor team up.
    An all-time favorite of mine as well. One of the best from that decade, IMHO.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 11-05-2019 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    It's weird for me to think that, because he doesn't really look like any less of an adult compared to the adult-looking Human Torch android and Captain America. He was just as tall as them too.

I once tried to place the ages of the Invaders, Namor was born in 1922 (from the Hero registration card) so he would have been 17 in 1939 and 18 in 1940. Everett imo definitely drew him as a young man barely in his 20s. Namor certainly acted like a young hot headed teen during that time and not the more serious kingly figure of today. However an artists style is a factor in how a character is perceived.

Jim iirc was made for 3 years at the time of the Invaders? How long was he in the ground?

Steve according to the wiki was also born in 1922 but in July while Namor was in February. How ever I guess we have to factor in the super soldier serum and also for Namor Atalntean genes might make him look older? Those are my guesses anyway. We know Bucky was 16 (?) During the war and I'm sure Toro would have not been more than a year or so off.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    I'm going to take a sharp left turn on the convo here, but I wanted to start a discussion on villains. Namor has a handful of great villains and a bunch of okay ones, some that maybe could have potential. The great ones (imo) are Attuma, Llyra and Tigershark. The okay ones are pretty much everyone else. Even the big three still really need a good push to make them truly great. Now do you guys feel one of these three could be worked into a true nemesis for Namor? Does Namor have a Red Skull to Cap or a Doom to Reed? If not one of these three, how would you imagine creating a real arch-nemesis for Namor?
    I agree with your top three Namor villains and they are mine as well. Krang works best as a court disruptor than a full out enemy, slinking in the shadows or making things hard for Namor in the War Room as a council man. Orca and others I was never really attached to but the big three need more of a push.

I really think Tigershark needs to have more focus, the phrase "bound by blood" comes to mind because Namor's blood runs through Todd's veins. Even though Namor didn't constent or create him nevertheless Tigershark was made because of him and so I would want Namor to have a sense of responsibility and a need to try and rehabilitate him/save him from himself. Tigershark should be Namor's dark mirror and a cautionary tale that Namor strives to avoid. Bringing in the rest of the family Diane and Walter will add a sense of people wanting to save someone who thought he was lost. Honestly the metaphor for an addiction to power (Todd wanting to be powerful) is right there and having Diane constantly try to reach out to help her brother through this addiction only to relapse and Namr stepping in to stop him would be a good character driven thing that might improve Tigershark.

Attuma needs to be more of a force, not just physical but political as well. If we could see more of the court power struggle and have noble houses who are infighting and have some people sympathetic to Attuma it would bring him in to clash with ,Namor. Andromeda is Attuma's daughter and we could play up that family drama angle.

Llyra is the endgame, she is THE big bad, I would love to see her manipulating everything, let her be the brains and the reason behind lots of bad things happening in Atlantis or to Namor. Let her shapeshift and slip in and out of court stirring up trouble. Namor might not know she is there at all. Honestly Namor needs to face his foes in tiers with Llyra as the big boss in end.

With good writing Llyra can become Namor's "Red Skull" since she could be shown as Namor's opposite. Both are royalty both are powerful, and both have long personal grudges against each other.

Slight Spoilers for Immortal Hulk #26, but yes it was Namor!!! In addition to the other panel I had posted earlier here are all the Namor appearances in this issue.

Mighty Member

Slight Spoilers for Immortal Hulk #26, but yes it was Namor!!! In addition to the other panel I had posted earlier here are all the Namor appearances in this issue.

Hah, hah, I love that he gave Namor back Namorita's earing, that's a nice touch.

Hah, hah, I love that he gave Namor back Namorita's earing, that's a nice touch.
    I love that too!!! Also I had to pull out that old Hulk and Namor team up panel. I loved the small throw back there in immortal hulk.

Also one more thing, there was a quote by William Blake, who as we know Everett was related to, so I'm sure this was done on purpose for Namor's appearance. Immortal Hulk had quotes in the comic since the beginning.