Page 121 of 182 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131171 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 2721
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1171091126037766147

It doesn't exactly say that the question HAS to be about Daredevil. Someone needs to ask if Invaders is supposed to take place BEFORE War of Realms or what?

I HAVE to get on Twitter.
    I asked a joke question earlier that he liked but I asked this more serious one after seeing your post Rev. link
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Yep, Stern did a great job on Avengers, and not just Namor. Avengers Under Siege remains one of my favorite stories.

Mine too. It was great we were allowed the chance to observe seeds being sown way before the event even got started.

LOL! It's the coloring ... but Gladiator does share some traits with Namor. hmmmm
    Always thought his son had potential. Hopefully someday, we'll see more of Kubark (Kid Gladiator).

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Always thought his son had potential. Hopefully someday, we'll see more of Kubark (Kid Gladiator).
    Eh, he always grated on me. The way Jason Aaron writes young characters generally doesn't work for me, though.

I don't mind if Namor debuts in another character's film, sort of like how Black Panther did in Cap's Winter Soldier film. HOWEVER, it would be more a cameo or set up for his own film. I absolutely do NOT want to see Namor used as BP's adversary or "villain" or even ally in a BP film -- he is none of those things. That does zero for Namor, who is the original Marvel character with his own rogues gallery and stories and should have his own franchise. BP should have his own stuff to do without abusing Namor.
    The constant speculation by the general fanbase is frustrating. Especially seeing as neither BP nor Namor fans want Namor in BP2. Even in the most generous version, Namor in BP2 would either result in an underdeveloped Atlantis or an underused Wakanda. To say nothing of all the other problems

I'm a little... uncertain about Namor as a movie lead. Just because I don't trust a Hollywood movie to not water down (pun unintended) Namor's personality. Namor's pompous, regal style is very much a core element of what makes him so fun, but it's not really your usual lead character personality. Doctor Strange ended up being pretty bland, for example. But he fared much better in his guest spot in Ragnarok and in the Infinity War ensemble. I feel like Namor would be a similar situation.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Iconic panel with Namor from 1973.

Last edited by Electricmastro; 09-09-2019 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post

I love that panel, the story and those great early Defenders issues!!!

Thanks for posting this blast from the past!

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I love that panel, the story and those great early Defenders issues!!!

Thanks for posting this blast from the past!

Yes, indeed. Some classic Sal Buscema Defenders goodness!

One of Marvel's first events! Avengers Defenders War. I loved Cap and Namor's throwdown. As well as the fact that they were the ones who decided to actually TALK things out and figure out what was going on.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

One of Marvel's first events! Avengers Defenders War. I loved Cap and Namor's throwdown. As well as the fact that they were the ones who decided to actually TALK things out and figure out what was going on.
    Valkyrie and Namor look good standing next to each other. Something with all the skin and his green/gold costume with her black and silver costume.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I asked a joke question earlier that he liked but I asked this more serious one after seeing your post Rev. link
    LOL! Reminds me of that time Golden Age Hammond threw a flaming brick, or was it a gold bar? Into the water to get a message to Namor.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Valkyrie and Namor look good standing next to each other. Something with all the skin and his green/gold costume with her black and silver costume.

Yes, I noticed most of the women were standing next to Namor. ;p

Seriously, I always liked Val and Namor together. They were straight shooters, who pulled no punches when dealing with each other. Who can forget her setting Namor straight early on in the Defenders?

Yes, I noticed most of the women were standing next to Namor. ;p

Seriously, I always liked Val and Namor together. They were straight shooters, who pulled no punches when dealing with each other. Who can forget her setting Namor straight early on in the Defenders?

So true! I always thought they would have worked well together, if Namor had stayed on with the Defenders. Val likewise would have benefitted from his friendship, admiration, plus the Atlantean women of strength Val could have met as friends. (I noticed Namor's almost hidden earring in this pic!)

And how Namor still comes across as a heroic defender of Earth despite coming more across as villainous in other occasions. I suppose it's an interesting sign when a character can convincingly come across as hero and villain.

And how Namor still comes across as a heroic defender of Earth despite coming more across as villainous in other occasions. I suppose it's an interesting sign when a character can convincingly come across as hero and villain.
    I think Namor will always be a defender of Earth, in part, because the environment is so important to him and his people. And of course, he and his people need the Earth as much as anyone else living there.

In the Silver Age, once he got his own book, Tales to Astonish, Namor was never really portrayed as villainous again, until the modern age. Even in Super Villian Team Up, Namor wasn't a villain, but actually the victim of villains.

The confusion with Namor is that at his core, he's more of an anti-hero. And of course, that's he's a hero to the Atlanteans, even if he isn't always a hero to Americans.

Haven't read the new Invaders yet, but Bleeding Cool has this panel, which gives us a clue as to WHEN these events are occurring. Sort of.

I'm really not sure I like Zdarsky's retcon concerning Namor being under the influence since his first appearance in Silver Age. IOW, ALL of Marvel, not Timely's, published history.

It smacks too much of Bryne's chemical imbalance nonsense.

And other stuff.

I'm going to have to think more on this.

I'm really not sure I like Zdarsky's retcon concerning Namor being under the influence since his first appearance in Silver Age. IOW, ALL of Marvel, not Timely's, published history.

It smacks too much of Bryne's chemical imbalance nonsense.

And other stuff.

I'm going to have to think more on this.
    Marvel's approach to continuity is pretty simple now that I think about it. It basically makes it so that "the 1940s comics may or may not be strongly fictionalized accounts" in context to the modern Marvel universe, and any modern writers that didn't like a certain detail that goes as far back as 1961 can be easily retconned away or brought back if others writers choose to do so, and casually has all their alternate Earths.

Meanwhile, DC makes huge continuity reboots multiple times and tends to erase many of their alternate Earths. lol