Page 136 of 182 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 2721

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Namor's costumes:

1 will always work for me. I also like 10 & 11 although they are pretty much the same costume.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Astonishing Member

"When he first returned from the Heroes Reborn universe, Namor lost his ability to breathe underwater, and was forced to adopt a special diving suit to return to Atlantis. The black tunic had a golden three pronged symbol covering the front, resembling the Trident of Neptune. Three golden frills also covered the shoulders. Striped red patterns also appeared on the suit, apparently part of the oxygen-filtrated system. The lower suit was a set of leggings in green scales like Namor's trunks, ending in a pair of boots. The gold mask had a clear faceplate to provide him with oxygen. [Marvel Team-Up (2nd series) #9]

--) Namor returned to his traditional green trunks after regaining his aquatic abilities. While under the Curse of Yandroth, the Defenders changed into darker versions of themselves. Namor represented this change by reassuming his black moisture suit from his "Savage Sub-Mariner" days." - https://uncannyxmen.net/characters/s...ostume-gallery

Thanks for that. It must not have lasted very long--Namor was already back to the green speedo before AVENGERS vol.3 #1, which was the relaunch of that book post-Heroes Reborn.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Thanks for that. It must not have lasted very long--Namor was already back to the green speedo before AVENGERS vol.3 #1, which was the relaunch of that book post-Heroes Reborn.
    IIRC, it wasn't Namor's, or anyone's idea, for a costume, per se. It was what Cap had thrown together so Namor could go underwater. It was terrible, and thankfully only lasted for those few issues, as his unbelievable underwater breathing issue was quickly resolved.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Sort of off topic, but sort of related. The first issue of Doctor Doom came out yesterday and it was quite good, IMO, if you like Doom. No, there wasn't any mention of Namor, BUT the set up is practically the same as Sub-Mariner Revolution. That is, someone launches an attack, in Doom's book it is on the moon and against, I'm guess an American initiative using Reed Richards and Tony Stark's stuff, but tries to blame it on the leader, here Doom, and then outside countries attack their country. Said leader goes on the run, ostensibly to clear his name. I'm sure it will take some different twists, it being Doom, but I'm hoping we get to see another SVTU sometime in the future. It would only be fair if Namor returned the favor and gave Doom sanctuary in Atlantis. ;p
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Namor's costumes:

I like 6, 9, and 10, but I feel that if you don't have confidence in 1 you're better off leaving Namor for another creator.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I like 6, 9, and 10, but I feel that if you don't have confidence in 1 you're better off leaving Namor for another creator.
    This is one of the truest things I've read here.

I may have to steal that the next time I ask Brevroot about Namor.

Namor's costumes:

10 and 12 are my faves.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Mighty Member

This cover was published in the Tales to Astonish Marvel Comics Index but this is a much sharper image than the one published in the index.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    This cover was published in the Tales to Astonish Marvel Comics Index but this is a much sharper image than the one published in the index.
    Yep. I think this image is from either the Marvel Masterworks or the new Timely Greatest Omnibus. Or both.

It was supposed to be the cover for Marvel Mystery Comics #2, but Martin Goodman decided that The Angel was the character he wanted to push, so he gave the second issue cover to that character instead. Boy was he ever wrong. LOL! But it just shows, even from the beginning, editorial never gave Namor the respect he deserved. Now it makes me wonder if that might have inspired this classic panel by Bill Everett.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Yep. I think this image is from either the Marvel Masterworks or the new Timely Greatest Omnibus. Or both.

It was supposed to be the cover for Marvel Mystery Comics #2, but Martin Goodman decided that The Angel was the character he wanted to push, so he gave the second issue cover to that character instead. Boy was he ever wrong. LOL! But it just shows, even from the beginning, editorial never gave Namor the respect he deserved. Now it makes me wonder if that might have inspired this classic panel by Bill Everett.

LOL, yes, that panel is so classic! I'm glad there is an image of this quality around. That's the cover that should have been used.
    Last edited by Thor-El; 10-11-2019 at 10:17 AM.

Mighty Member

When Namor totally shows off who is the king of abslantis! Abs of steel, baby!

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post

Felt like it was better a time as any to showcase an unused cover that's about 80 years old at this point. It was supposed to be the cover for Marvel Mystery Comics #2, but Martin Goodman decided that The Angel was the character he wanted to push, so he gave the second issue cover to that character instead. Boy was he ever wrong. LOL! But it just shows, even from the beginning, editorial never gave Namor the respect he deserved. Now it makes me wonder if that might have inspired this classic panel by Bill Everett.

I think that the Angel was pushed more after being modeled closely after Superman. It was only ever Namor, Human Torch, and Captain America that really ever broke out into their own times long-term at the time though. The Angel didn't even get a solo title despite frequent appearances in Marvel Mystery Comics.

Namor's first cover appearance may have come a little later, in February, 1940, though it still a good one, showing him triumphantly fighting against a common enemy of America and Atlantis.

Last edited by Electricmastro; 10-11-2019 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    When Namor totally shows off who is the king of abslantis! Abs of steel, baby!

I had not seen this before. Good for Namor! He even cracked a joke.

Astonishing Member

Does anyone remember the issue where Namor was homeless and then he befriends an alcoholic?

I’ve been trying to find the issue.