Page 126 of 182 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 2721
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Yes, he has been in a lot of movies, is a champion power-lifter and a wrestler as well. Most notable are Mad Max and Troy, at least from my memory.
    Ah, yes, I do remember him from both of those movies, though they were smaller roles.

And of course we can pair him with Roman Reigns as Namor. Many compare Roman with Jason Momoa. But you gotta go with Roman the other way, get him clean shaven and short hair like classic Namor I honestly think either Roman or the Rock would be my only choices for Namor right now. A close second would be Henry Cavill and John Cena, not too sure about Cena. But honestly all the other suggestions I've heard around don't cut it for me. Roman seems to be the best for his youth, features, physicality and his background as actor and wrestler.
    I don't know. We may have to agree to disagree on this one, Thor-El. ;p I do like the Rock, but I'm not so sure he'd do for Namor. And I haven't seen Roman Reigns, except in still photos, so I can't say anything about his acting.

I would be stunned if Henry Cavill wanted the role. It would be funny, though, to have DC's Superman also playing Marvel's original take on Supes.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    If I'm not mistaken he was also in Hero with Jet Li.
    Really? I thought that was an all Asian cast. Maybe I'm confused. I'll have to watch it again --what a chore. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    He certainly has the physical requirements for Attuma. I don't know how well his voice-acting is though. I think a character like Attuma needs to have as much on-screen charisma as Namor.
    IIRC, from Troy, he had a very deep voice / growl. I guess I'll have to watch that again too. Such a hard life I live.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Really? I thought that was an all Asian cast. Maybe I'm confused. I'll have to watch it again --what a chore. LOL!
    My mistake, that was Fearless with Jet Li.

If we're taking about wrestlers, then Randy Orton is my choice. He's got the cocky, arrogant, attitude too.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

55 years ago and 30 years ago: Namor vs. Angel in X-Men #6 and Saga of the Sub-Mariner #9.

Mighty Member

If we're taking about wrestlers, then Randy Orton is my choice. He's got the cocky, arrogant, attitude too.

That's a choice I could get behind. He is almost 40 and his actor resume is almost non existent but his wrestling persona is almost a mirror of Namor's personality. At least for a fan made movie I'd love to see Orton play Namor, something like Bat in the Sun where he could fight another hero would be awesome. That picture screams Namor to me, great post!
    Last edited by Thor-El; 09-18-2019 at 04:27 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    55 years ago and 30 years ago: Namor vs. Angel in X-Men #6 and Saga of the Sub-Mariner #9.

Awesome to see both versions of that pivotal silver age story! Thanks for posting this!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    History of the Marvel Universe spoilers (kinda? i mean its just going over old stuff) Anyways here's the namor appearances I could find other than the shaving scene:

Like Rev says at least they acknowledge Namor here, pretty hard to ignore his importance in the silver age, although they managed to minimize it in Marvel #1000 in the golden age which was a crime I'm holding the editors responsible for.
    Last edited by Thor-El; 09-18-2019 at 04:39 PM.

That's a choice I could get behind. He is almost 40 and his actor resume is almost non existent but his wrestling persona is almost a mirror of Namor's personality. At least for a fan made movie I'd love to see Orton play Namor, something like Bat in the Sun where he could fight another hero would be awesome. That picture screams Namor to me, great post!
    The look, the hairline, the ears, the build and he already wears a speedo. As far as acting, I think he might have been in one of the those WWE TV movies where their wrestlers are former Navy Seals or Army Rangers who have to rescue their wife/family/girlfriend.

Like he was born to the role.

Mighty Member

The look, the hairline, the ears, the build and he already wears a speedo. As far as acting, I think he might have been in one of the those WWE TV movies where their wrestlers are former Navy Seals or Army Rangers who have to rescue their wife/family/girlfriend.

Like he was born to the role.
    Yes, he is a good choice indeed. Just cover his tattoos and we have the comic book spitting image! I'm sure we will end up with some actor that doesn't resembles Namor at all. Visually Orton is almost a perfect choice. Either one Orton or Roman would be great IMO.

Well, it isn't 100%, but it looks like our ONE consistent Namor appearance will be ending in December.

From the December solicits:

INVADERS #12
    CHIP ZDARSKY (W)
    CARLOS MAGNO & BUTCH GUICE (A)
    Cover by BUTCH GUICE
    It all ends here! Can NAMOR be redeemed as the world drowns? Or will THE SPEAR crush THE INVADERS and remake the world in their image?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    I hope they mean THIS arc ends here. Even if the focus isn't Namor, I'd love to see Zdarsky continue the Invaders with Namor guesting. IW, can you ask Zdarsky on twitter? Maybe Carlo too?
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Well, it isn't 100%, but it looks like our ONE consistent Namor appearance will be ending in December.

From the December solicits:

I hope they mean THIS arc ends here. Even if the focus isn't Namor, I'd love to see Zdarsky continue the Invaders with Namor guesting. IW, can you ask Zdarsky on twitter? Maybe Carlo too?
    I did ask Zdarsky a few days ago if Invaders was canceled/ending when I saw the rumors but he hasn't replied but I will try again and this time I'll ask Magno too. I steeled myself for this moment, I wasn't even sure we would get to 12 but I really hope that it does continue! Even if Namor is a guest star. ): I do know Zdarsky is working on the Doom 2099 comic that comes out in december too. I will update when/if I get an answer.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

I did ask Zdarsky a few days ago if Invaders was canceled/ending when I saw the rumors but he hasn't replied but I will try again and this time I'll ask Magno too. I steeled myself for this moment, I wasn't even sure we would get to 12 but I really hope that it does continue! Even if Namor is a guest star. ): I do know Zdarsky is working on the Doom 2099 comic that comes out in december too. I will update when/if I get an answer.
    I saw that Doom 2099 solicit!

Hey, maybe that means Zdarsky is going to do a Supervillian Team Up book! Toss that at him.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

I saw that Doom 2099 solicit!

Hey, maybe that means Zdarsky is going to do a Supervillian Team Up book! Toss that at him.
    OMG?!?! YES. I would love that! Super Villain team up!!! I will definitely ask him, in my time zone I still don't have the newsarama solicitations up so I'm waiting for those. Then I will tweet at Zdarsky, hopefully we get an answer!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

OMG?!?! YES. I would love that! Super Villain team up!!! I will definitely ask him, in my time zone I still don't have the newsarama solicitations up so I'm waiting for those. Then I will tweet at Zdarsky, hopefully we get an answer!
    Trying to think POSITIVE.

I wouldn't mind Namor showing up in the X-books again.