Page 148 of 182 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 2721
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    I'm going to take a sharp left turn on the convo here, but I wanted to start a discussion on villains. Namor has a handful of great villains and a bunch of okay ones, some that maybe could have potential. The great ones (imo) are Attuma, Llyra and Tigershark. The okay ones are pretty much everyone else. Even the big three still really need a good push to make them truly great. Now do you guys feel one of these three could be worked into a true nemesis for Namor? Does Namor have a Red Skull to Cap or a Doom to Reed? If not one of these three, how would you imagine creating a real arch-nemesis for Namor?
    I think the best arch-villain for Namor should be someone that be seen as a real threat, I love the Squadron Supreme as a Roxxon Company super team and as Namor's arch enemies, just makes sense but none of that nonsense of Hyperion being a superhero or him being able to kill Namor. Allright he did it once and the resolution from that was handled terrible. I want to see a re-match, make Hyperion Namor's Doomsday but let Namor outsmart him and claim victory. Otherwise the three you have named are the best ones but they need to be written well as they were in the silver age. I also like Krang and Byrrah. And I would dust off Piranha, Orka and She-Devil and make them really dangerous and psychotic.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    I think the best arch-villain for Namor should be someone that be seen as a real threat, I love the Squadron Supreme as a Roxxon Company super team and as Namor's arch enemies, just makes sense but none of that nonsense of Hyperion being a superhero or him being able to kill Namor. Allright he did it once and the resolution from that was handled terrible. I want to see a re-match, make Hyperion Namor's Doomsday but let Namor outsmart him and claim victory. Otherwise the three you have named are the best ones but they need to be written well as they were in the silver age. I also like Krang and Byrrah. And I would dust off Piranha, Orka and She-Devil and make them really dangerous and psychotic.
    Honestly I am down for FAIR fight between Hyperion and Namor, unlike the last one. Roxxon should def be a major enemy and someone that Namor actively has to fight against. I'm trying to remember what happened to Byrrah? I know I must have read it somewhere but didn't he die or something. I can't recall at the moment.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Honestly I am down for FAIR fight between Hyperion and Namor, unlike the last one. Roxxon should def be a major enemy and someone that Namor actively has to fight against. I'm trying to remember what happened to Byrrah? I know I must have read it somewhere but didn't he die or something. I can't recall at the moment.
    Byrrah died in the Jae Lee / Harras run. He was sacrificed by the dark priest Socus, so his "magical" royal blood could open the gate to the prison holding Suma Ket.

Which segues into some of my favorite villains for Namor ... Suma Ket and his wife Artys Gran.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

I once tried to place the ages of the Invaders, Namor was born in 1922 (from the Hero registration card) so he would have been 17 in 1939 and 18 in 1940. Everett imo definitely drew him as a young man barely in his 20s. Namor certainly acted like a young hot headed teen during that time and not the more serious kingly figure of today. However an artists style is a factor in how a character is perceived.

Jim iirc was made for 3 years at the time of the Invaders? How long was he in the ground?

Steve according to the wiki was also born in 1922 but in July while Namor was in February. How ever I guess we have to factor in the super soldier serum and also for Namor Atalntean genes might make him look older? Those are my guesses anyway. We know Bucky was 16 (?) During the war and I'm sure Toro would have not been more than a year or so off.
    Yeah, Namor was also 18 by the time Britain and France had declared war on Germany, in either 1939 or 1940:

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Byrrah died in the Jae Lee / Harras run. He was sacrificed by the dark priest Socus, so his "magical" royal blood could open the gate to the prison holding Suma Ket.

Which segues into some of my favorite villains for Namor ... Suma Ket and his wife Artys Gran.
    Oh yes thanks for the reminder! Honestly I would think another Suma Ket and Artys Gran story line would be such a good idea, have another magic user trying to bring them back.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Yeah, Namor was also 18 by the time Britain and France had declared war on Germany, in either 1939 or 1940:

So definitely a teenager, honestly its sad. Namor was sent off to war against the whole surface world alone when he was very young and then entered WWll to fight.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

So definitely a teenager, honestly its sad. Namor was sent off to war against the whole surface world alone when he was very young and then entered WWll to fight.
    And then he tried flooding New York.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    And then he tried flooding New York.

Dammit Namor! NO! XD

Invaders #11 preview is up! It's already in the Invaders thread but here is a link

Mighty Member

Invaders #11 preview is up! It's already in the Invaders thread but here is a link
    Couldn't help to notice that Cap grows a full beard and Namor grows... a goatee?! Either Namor has fashioned a mirror and a blade out of island material or he has a mutant power to shape his hair growth!

Also am I the only one that hates that Cap is always the perfect warrior and the one telling everyone to shape up. Cap takes Thor's hammer and saves Thor in the MCU. Shipwreck Cap tells useless depressed Namor to behave like a leader of men. Cap was on one single war that lasted 6 years. Thor has been fighting wars all his life for thousandths of years and Namor presumably hundreds so to me doesn't makes sense that these two men are less leaders and less capable than a human soldier that comparatively is a newborn in warfare and leadership experience.
    Last edited by Thor-El; 11-08-2019 at 06:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Couldn't help to notice that Cap grows a full beard and Namor grows... a goatee?! Either Namor has fashioned a mirror and a blade out of island material or he has a mutant power to shape his hair growth!

Also am I the only one that hates that Cap is always the perfect warrior and the one telling everyone to shape up. Cap takes Thor's hammer and saves Thor in the MCU. Shipwreck Cap tells useless depressed Namor to behave like a leader of men. Cap was on one single war that lasted 6 years. Thor has been fighting wars all his life for thousandths of years and Namor presumably hundreds so to me doesn't makes sense that these two men are less leaders and less capable than a human soldier that comparatively is a newborn in warfare and leadership experience.
    I tend not to talk MCU or Endgame bc whooo boy am I SALTY. Especially about Thor and Loki, and how things ended up for them. Anyways the MCU did Thor dirty imo and Steve too by sending him back in time which Steve would not do. The whole Hammer thing was just like in the comics when someone picks up the hammer for a moment, it was a cool scene and cool moment but thats it. *sigh* I just dislike the mcu characterizations and I hated how they killed off the warriors three and so many other things. MOVING ON.

I'm wondering how long they have been on the island and LOL Namor is too sad to fish but he can shave to look good XD. Seriously this run has been good so far but also Chip has not done right by the Torches, they are always being written away or something and why has Toro not talked to Bucky yet? they were close friends! Steve and Namor have a long history but they respect each other, Steve trying to get Namor back on his feet isn't different from that time Namor couldn't breath underwater and Steve gave him a suit. I feel like this is the point when the main character has hit rock bottom and hopefully Chip will have an Amazing comeback scene for him. lol, I need to see Namor in all his IMPERIUS REX glory.

It's good to see Namor over in Immortal Hulk. Seems like he and Hulk are up for some good old fashioned human hating and are going to target Roxxon. Should be fun to see them together.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

It's good to see Namor over in Immortal Hulk. Seems like he and Hulk are up for some good old fashioned human hating and are going to target Roxxon. Should be fun to see them together.

It's long past time for Namor to take on Roxxon! I kept expecting something to happen in War of Realms, but again, Marvel ignored Namor's long history with Roxxon, as well as his connection to the Serpent Crown. I've heard good things about Ewing and that he pays attention to continuity and history, so maybe we'll see him properly use the only character I know of that has resisted the Serpent Crown ... TWICE. Hoping this is a proper team up, but not seeing Namor on the covers doesn't fill me with confidence.

Also, STILL waiting for that apology from the Avengers about their invasion of Atlantis and absconding with Atlantean prisoners on behalf of Roxxon.

Also, while it is amusing, I still don't get why Namor is a cook in a dinner???
    Last edited by Reviresco; 11-09-2019 at 11:20 AM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

BANNED

Prince Namor the Sub-Mariner #1 Oct 1984
    "The Once and Future Man!"
    The undersea Kingdom of Atlantis lies in ruins.

Now Prince Namor is torn between his duties to his people

and the tittering peace he hopes to make with the surface world.

Written by J.M. DeMatteis and Bob Budiansky. Art by Bob Budiansky and Danny Bulanadi.

Agreed, I always get a kick out of Bruce and Namor sassing each other, lol, loved the 2005 Defenders comic. Roxxon as a target is very good and I can't wait to see if Namor will continue to feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    It's long past time for Namor to take on Roxxon! I kept expecting something to happen in War of Realms, but again, Marvel ignored Namor's long history with Roxxon, as well as his connection to the Serpent Crown. I've heard good things about Ewing and that he pays attention to continuity and history, so maybe we'll see him properly use the only character I know of that has resisted the Serpent Crown ... TWICE. Hoping this is a proper team up, but not seeing Namor on the covers doesn't fill me with confidence.

Also, STILL waiting for that apology from the Avengers about their invasion of Atlantis and absconding with Atlantean prisoners on behalf of Roxxon.

Also, while it is amusing, I still don't get why Namor is a cook in a dinner???
    In the comic Bruce says it was good Namor was pretending to be a worker there rather than just sitting with him so that it would not arise suspicions. I have a feeling this was planned out in advance and maybe the diner owners were paid to take a day or few hours off since Bruce knew Cho was coming to see him. It makes sense in the way that they wanted a meeting but didn't want to draw attention to themselves. Still I really hope that something more is coming in a later comic and this isn't just a one time cameo. It would be a waste of good team up if so.