Page 74 of 182 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124174 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 2721
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Very cool, he is def one of my fave cosplayers. I always wanted to know where people get their cosplay gear or if its all made at home.
    It is both, some things you can buy and some things you have to build yourself. I think he has always done his own costumes. I've seen him as Quasar, Vision, Archangel, Ronan the Accuser, Sentry and some others. A lot of dedication. Now he is getting commissions to do costumes for other cosplayers.

Here's some of his early cosplays all his original costume creations.
    Last edited by Thor-El; 05-17-2019 at 05:04 AM.

That's a good look for Namor, the less covered up that glorious chest is, the better.
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Happy Birthday Bill Everett and thanks for creating one of the best characters I have ever come across, and for all the art and stories.

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Mighty Member

Happy Birthday Bill Everett and thanks for creating one of the best characters I have ever come across, and for all the art and stories.

Happy Birthday! Hope this will be the year Marvel finally moves in and announces plans to put the Submariner in the big screen. Of all the five heroes from the Marvel Action Hour the Sub-mariner is the only one without a presence in the MCU, even worst without a regular comic series. Here's for some well deserved recognition for Mr. Everett genius and justice for his best creation.

It's so heartbreaking that such a fun, endlessly charismatic character, with so much history is essentially left in the shadows by the company he helped define. Twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Been talking with Mike Baaden about coming to the board and maybe getting to do a Q&A with us. He has cosplayed most of the Sub-mariner looks and even pulled off a classic Namor like no one else before.

I remember when I first saw his terrific cosplay. He is so excellent as Namor!

He should come on-board. He already has fans, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    It's so heartbreaking that such a fun, endlessly charismatic character, with so much history is essentially left in the shadows by the company he helped define. Twice.
    Agreed, Marvel should remember that Namor really did help define the company both in the beginning and also when he was brought on board in the silver age, the cover for the Namor appearance is far more recognizable than the first three covers imo, and it's there that Marvel connected their modern marvel comics with their golden age past. However unless we have someone in charge who cares enough, this is Namor's sad fate, to be left on the sidelines.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I remember when I first saw his terrific cosplay. He is so excellent as Namor!

He should come on-board. He already has fans, lol!
    Yes, Marvel had a great casting with Evans, Hemsworth, Downey Jr. and Ruffalo. I don't know if Baaden can act but aesthetically the guy embodies a John Buscema Namor which to me together with Bill Everett defined the character visually.
    Last edited by Thor-El; 05-18-2019 at 08:10 PM.

Mighty Member

Well said! And a great selection of panels that back up your statement!

I randomly looked over an old issue of Sub-Mariner this afternoon and came across a Namor ability I have completely forgotten. In a single night, Namor remakes an abandoned prison into a Atlantean styled stronghold. And by remake, I mean he sculpts the entire facade of the building into aquatic themed fixtures with his bare hands, complete with entire new sculptures of sea life.

Last edited by Doombot; 05-18-2019 at 11:39 PM.

Mighty Member

I randomly looked over an old issue of Sub-Mariner this afternoon and came across a Namor ability I have completely forgotten. In a single night, Namor remakes an abandoned prison into a Atlantean styled stronghold. And by remake, I mean he sculpts the entire facade of the building into aquatic themed fixtures with his bare hands, complete with entire new sculptures of sea life.

Wow, this was so cool. I hadn't read this one. This was right after Llyra kills Dorma! Curious that the narrator says that one day Namor would kill Llyra which hasn't happened yet.

Yes, Marvel had a great casting with Evans, Hemsworth, Downey Jr. and Ruffalo. I don't know if Baaden can act but aesthetically the guy embodies a John Buscema Namor which to me together with Bill Everett defined the character visually.
    Well, if not Baaden, then you should post your online Namor selfies! I know you were training hard. You could be our Namor

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Well, if not Baaden, then you should post your online Namor selfies! I know you were training hard. You could be our Namor
    Aww, man, thank you, really appreciated! But besides being younger and better looking than me his conditioning really puts me to shame but I still try. In my case its easy to take a picture with the right light and the right angle and look good but looking good 360 degrees like Baaden does its another level. Still not discounting myself or anyone else who doesn't looks that muscular or shredded, loves comic characters, wants to cosplay their favorite hero and have fun with it which is what matters.

It was shown he can sculpt but with traditional tools cause he once made a bust of susan iirc, but this was just bare hands and honestly I remember this mainly bc of how much Namor wanted to be left alone and how they wouldn't even let him have a piece of land that no one was using. This is just before the mission to find his father starts too.

Wow, this was so cool. I hadn't read this one. This was right after Llyra kills Dorma! Curious that the narrator says that one day Namor would kill Llyra which hasn't happened yet.
    Seriously Llyra needs to come back as the big bad for a Namor solo so we can finally have justice for Dorma, and Namor's father died because of her and though it was Tiger Shark who killed him she should still be counted as a hand in his murder and let's not forget she poisoned Namora, heck I would want Namora just to finally have a show down with her too. Last I saw her she was left in the ruins of a crumbling Atlantis but Namor didn't kill her, just left her to die, which means she is probably still alive if she escaped.

Mighty Member

It was shown he can sculpt but with traditional tools cause he once made a bust of susan iirc, but this was just bare hands and honestly I remember this mainly bc of how much Namor wanted to be left alone and how they wouldn't even let him have a piece of land that no one was using. This is just before the mission to find his father starts too.

Seriously Llyra needs to come back as the big bad for a Namor solo so we can finally have justice for Dorma, and Namor's father died because of her and though it was Tiger Shark who killed him she should still be counted as a hand in his murder and let's not forget she poisoned Namora, heck I would want Namora just to finally have a show down with her too. Last I saw her she was left in the ruins of a crumbling Atlantis but Namor didn't kill her, just left her to die, which means she is probably still alive if she escaped.
    In truth is better to keep her alive cause she is one of the most evil cunning villains Namor has which always ups the stakes in any Namor story. And speaking about Dorma, I just checked out a story in Defenders classic #93 were Nebulon tricks Namor and the Defenders passing as Dorma. But the real treat was finding how the MCU used Nebulon's true shape for the creature in the opening sequence of Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2 as I hadn't seen his true shape before I checked that issue.