Page 160 of 182 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164170 ... LastLast
Results 2,386 to 2,400 of 2721
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Marvel.com had an article on the Avengers Defenders match ups, and a couple of color pages from Tarot #1!

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...enders-moments

I know I must have read this one, but I don't remember this cover or much about this issue. Anyone else read it? It's by J.M. DeMatteis, so he gets two of the recommendations.

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Imperius Wrecks, you HAVE to post that twitter exchange from Hickman. LOL!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    What did I miss? This sounds interesting!

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    What did I miss? This sounds interesting!
    I was just checking comments and this one had me laughing/crying cause it's so accurate. I took a screencap of it but here is the link

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Marvel.com had an article on the Avengers Defenders match ups, and a couple of color pages from Tarot #1!

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...enders-moments

I know I must have read this one, but I don't remember this cover or much about this issue. Anyone else read it? It's by J.M. DeMatteis, so he gets two of the recommendations.

Yes, I read this and I remember the cover more than the inside! Here is what I remember:

I believe under Nebulon'influence (who dies at the end? And we meet his wife too--"Supernalia" if I remember correctly?) The Avengers and Defenders fight.

I believe Valkyrie went up against Thor and held her own. At this point, Val was back in her original body, so fully powered up to 45 tons. But even back then, Val holding out against Thor always made me feel like she was really Class 90.

That is all I remember, lol!

But what a great cover and especially of Val vs Thor! Also a great pic and colorization (golden) of Dragonfang too! Today Dragonfang neither looks like this nor is golden in color. ( The writers do not know the story/history.) I thought it noteworthy to see Dragonfang withstand Mjolnir's onslaught.
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 11-27-2019 at 08:06 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I was just checking comments and this one had me laughing/crying cause it's so accurate. I took a screencap of it but here is the link

LOL

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!

These are the only original pages I own. From Annual 1 of the last series done , drawn by Max Fuimara. Loved the action in these panels and how savage Namor was. He breaks Cap America’s arm like a twig. Love that lol! Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Subby1939 View Post
    These are the only original pages I own. From Annual 1 of the last series done , drawn by Max Fuimara. Loved the action in these panels and how savage Namor was. He breaks Cap America’s arm like a twig. Love that lol! Enjoy
    I absolutely loved the art in that issue and Namor was such a force to be reckoned with. Thanks for sharing!!!

LOL

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!
    Happy holidays to all!

So I finally finished my Namor the Sub-Mariner Comic Reading Guide for any new fans, I tried to get as much as I could in there but if I forgot anything important then I'm sorry. Anyways I hope this will help any new fans who don't know where to start/find Namor in the comics and I added in upcoming comics like Tarot and Atlantis Attacks since Namor seems to be featured in them a lot from the previews.

So I finally finished my Namor the Sub-Mariner Comic Reading Guide for any new fans, I tried to get as much as I could in there but if I forgot anything important then I'm sorry. Anyways I hope this will help any new fans who don't know where to start/find Namor in the comics and I added in upcoming comics like Tarot and Atlantis Attacks since Namor seems to be featured in them a lot from the previews.

This is Excellent! Good job!

I will have to look over it a bit more throughly when I get the chance but with a quick glance it looks great. Thank you for making this!
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Mighty Member

This is awesome! Your efforts are greatly appreciated IW! You rock!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Subby1939 View Post

Thanks for sharing this, its always great to look at the original pencils of artwork, such dynamic pieces!

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    This is Excellent! Good job!

I will have to look over it a bit more throughly when I get the chance but with a quick glance it looks great. Thank you for making this!
    This is awesome! Your efforts are greatly appreciated IW! You rock!
    Thanks everyone! lol, I'm happy to contribute to our small fandom and I'm just glad I got one of my projects done, maybe this way we might be able to lure in new readers. I think Namor should definitely have a bigger fan base because he is such an interesting character.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Hmm, seems that in 1981, Namor's physical strength was considered to be on par with the Thing, but lesser so compared to the Hulk (Amazing Spider-Man Annual #15).

Eventually, the Silver Surfer would be considered Class 100 (or in this case, The Super-Heavyweights).