Page 141 of 182 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 2721

Warming up my I told you so in regards Wave vs. Namor as we speak. SHM

Gwad current Marvel is so predictable in the most depressing ways.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I had been wondering about the black suit on the cover as well Thor-El, I mean the black armor redesign was what i thought Marvel was going to keep Namor in for the foreseeable future, but maybe he ditches it after the invaders run? To be honest Phoenix, House of M 2015, current black armor designs all seem to revolve around Namor being "villainous" so does Marvel only now put him in the shoulder armor to emphasis that?

I honestly wish Marvel would just give him back the classic speedo look.
    The thing with that look is that it not only makes sense with a hero from the sea but Namor is a character that proudly has stand the test of time and originates on the golden age of comics where multiple heroes outfits were simply their muscles in some trunks so that's a fitting look in both counts. His classic look highlights perfectly that he operates on the oceans and that he is a golden age hero.

Last edited by Thor-El; 10-19-2019 at 07:03 AM.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Namor is in one of the backup stories in Fearless #4.
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...ew-fearless-4/
    I was hoping Namora would show up in other places other than New Agents of Atlas. Marvel should be putting more emphasis on the pollution in the oceans.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    The thing with that look is that it not only makes sense with a hero from the sea but Namor is a character that proudly has stand the test of time and originates on the golden age of comics where multiple heroes outfits were simply their muscles in some trunks so that's a fitting look in both counts. His classic look highlights perfectly that he operates on the oceans and that he is a golden age hero.
    Namor trunks were classic and iconic, its just he stands out more in the speedo. I honestly like it better than any other look he has.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

I started another Namor blog on the new site Pillowfort, the site there is still small and not many people are on the site since it's still in beta however they say it will soon be out of beta. Either way I thought it would be good to have a Namor focused blog there.

https://www.pillowfort.social/ImperiusRex

Mighty Member

I started another Namor blog on the new site Pillowfort, the site there is still small and not many people are on the site since it's still in beta however they say it will soon be out of beta. Either way I thought it would be good to have a Namor focused blog there.

https://www.pillowfort.social/ImperiusRex
    Awesome blog! Thank you I.W.

Mighty Member

So that awesome Alex Ross poster we had at the beginning of the year for Invaders 2019 had a classic Invaders comic artwork for inspiration showing the cannon blast going into Namor's chest and the swastika in the middle.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Oh wow, Namor's head in 1946's All Winners Comics #18.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Oh wow, Namor's head in 1946's All Winners Comics #18.

That was an interesting look. Namor REALLY looked like a mutant. I always thought his face looked like a Manta Ray in this artist's style.

Arrgghh my eyes! stop posting alien head namor!!! (just kidding, but wow that was sure something, lol)

Thanks Thor-El! I hope to have summaries of every namor comic i read up that blog eventually! (it will take a while, lol)

I just love Alex Ross's Namor, he always does him right and also gives him the most beautiful wings. Marvels is classic and any cover by him is gorgeous. Remember those Avengers/Invaders covers? I really wish we could get an ongoing Namor series like Immortal Hulk and have Ross doing all the cover art.

Mighty Member

I just love Alex Ross's Namor, he always does him right and also gives him the most beautiful wings. Marvels is classic and any cover by him is gorgeous. Remember those Avengers/Invaders covers? I really wish we could get an ongoing Namor series like Immortal Hulk and have Ross doing all the cover art.
    My wish art team for a Namor ongoing would be Alex Ross on covers and Ed McGuinness and Ariel Olivetti as rotating art team. A Defenders by Mc Guinness would be awesome too.

That was an interesting look. Namor REALLY looked like a mutant. I always thought his face looked like a Manta Ray in this artist's style.
    Arrgghh my eyes! stop posting alien head namor!!! (just kidding, but wow that was sure something, lol)
    Lol, yes, my thoughts exactly!

My wish art team for a Namor ongoing would be Alex Ross on covers and Ed McGuinness and Ariel Olivetti as rotating art team. A Defenders by Mc Guinness would be awesome too.
    that would be so wonderful!

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Yeah, Roy Thomas had this to say:

"When Bill Everett joined the army in 1942, his major successor as Sub-Mariner artist was Carl Pfeufer. Pfeufer soon evolved Namor's musculature and vaguely triangular head to almost grotesque proportions, but basically filled Bill's shoes admirably.

I had been wondering about the black suit on the cover as well Thor-El, I mean the black armor redesign was what i thought Marvel was going to keep Namor in for the foreseeable future, but maybe he ditches it after the invaders run? To be honest Phoenix, House of M 2015, current black armor designs all seem to revolve around Namor being "villainous" so does Marvel only now put him in the shoulder armor to emphasis that?

I honestly wish Marvel would just give him back the classic speedo look.
    Personally, I really dig the current Namor design – I generally like all the looks riffing on Olivier Coipel's Phoenix Namor design. But I'd prefer the trunks or the speedo to the costume we see on that Atlantis Attacks cover.