Page 110 of 182 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 2721
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Like I said before, Namor and T'challa would be better off as allies.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    spoilers:
    Well if this invaders run is truly trying to redeem Namor like you speculated, It's gonna take some top tier writing in order for Namor and T'challa being allies seem believable. Attacking a country and killing tons of innocent people isn't something that's easily forgivable. Even he was under the influence of the Phoenix force.
    end of spoilers
    That's what I've been saying about Namora and Agents of Wakanda. There's just no way she could join that group after what Wakanda did to Atlantis under Hickman's run. Of course, we had Robinson writing that nonsense with Hyperion and Namor and Atlantis at the end of SS, so I wouldn't put it past editorial to try and feed us that idiocy.

Namor would be better off never having anything at all to do with T'challa and Wakanda. That is never going to benefit Namor in the least. Namor would always be abused with zero benefit to the character and his mythos. History has proven this. None of their past interactions happened in Namor's own book or story, and I guarantee you, if it did in the future, no one at Marvel Editorial is going to portray Atlantis or Namor at their proper levels. They'll always get trashed, their advanced tech will be denigrated, their magic ignored, and Namor will be written as an idiot, falling for the same old tired 'tactic' of dehydration. NO THANKS.

Furthermore, even before AvX, Namor and T'challa have never gotten along, except for some truly dreadful OOC stuff written by Hudlin, in a Black Panther book, of course.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Wouldn't it be nice if we got an 80 years Marvel Anniversary celebration were we get a Chip Zdarsky/Alex Ross Namor ongoing. With Alex Ross painting the first arc and alternating with Ariel Olivetti to give Ross time for the next story. LOL, one can always dream. I know Namor is a favorite of Alex Ross because he has said it in interviews, even put his face in the character on more than one painting.
    A great idea thor-el! I would love Alex Ross on a namor book or at least doing covers like the Immortal Hulk ones.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    spoilers:
    Well if this invaders run is truly trying to redeem Namor like you speculated, It's gonna take some top tier writing in order for Namor and T'challa being allies seem believable. Attacking a country and killing tons of innocent people isn't something that's easily forgivable. Even he was under the influence of the Phoenix force.
    end of spoilers
    I think by now, both parties have enough blood on their hands, Shuri attacked innocent atlanteans in retaliation for AvX when Namor tried for peace, she could have just gone after Namor, and unlike Namor who was possessed, Shuri was in control of her actions. I definitely don't think Atlantis and Wakanda will ever be allies again, but at least not as hostile to each other and just keeping everyone in the own books would be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    That's what I've been saying about Namora and Agents of Wakanda. There's just no way she could join that group after what Wakanda did to Atlantis under Hickman's run. Of course, we had Robinson writing that nonsense with Hyperion and Namor and Atlantis at the end of SS, so I wouldn't put it past editorial to try and feed us that idiocy.

Namor would be better off never having anything at all to do with T'challa and Wakanda. That is never going to benefit Namor in the least. Namor would always be abused with zero benefit to the character and his mythos. History has proven this. None of their past interactions happened in Namor's own book or story, and I guarantee you, if it did in the future, no one at Marvel Editorial is going to portray Atlantis or Namor at their proper levels. They'll always get trashed, their advanced tech will be denigrated, their magic ignored, and Namor will be written as an idiot, falling for the same old tired 'tactic' of dehydration. NO THANKS.

Furthermore, even before AvX, Namor and T'challa have never gotten along, except for some truly dreadful OOC stuff written by Hudlin, in a Black Panther book, of course.
    I certainly don't think Namor and T'challa were best friends before, more like allies who knew each other and respected the other? But yeah, I really do hope they never cross paths again because Namor is never going to be shown in a good light in BP books.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

History of the Marvel Universe spoilers. Kid Namor is so cute!

also they have the human torch vs namor fight and more invaders stuff in there!

Here's something I haven't seen before. A very nice Namor on the back cover. I believe it was done by Steve Lightle. Now I wonder what was on the back covers of the other books in this series?

https://twitter.com/VincenzoNamor85/...31675951046657
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Thanks for posting these! I love that first one, and agree. Adorable! Almost as adorable as him and Dorma riding the sea turtle as kids.

I wish Waid had mentioned BETTY DEAN in that second one. I mean, she's actually the one who is usually talking Namor out of things ... or into things. At least the artist included her. It is nice that we got a big full page splash of Torch and Namor -- as it should be. ;p

I also think it is pretty cool how the artist, Javier Rodriguez, worked in those wordless background panels of Cap's origin. Very nicely done.

I think by now, both parties have enough blood on their hands, Shuri attacked innocent atlanteans in retaliation for AvX when Namor tried for peace, she could have just gone after Namor, and unlike Namor who was possessed, Shuri was in control of her actions. I definitely don't think Atlantis and Wakanda will ever be allies again, but at least not as hostile to each other and just keeping everyone in the own books would be better.

I certainly don't think Namor and T'challa were best friends before, more like allies who knew each other and respected the other? But yeah, I really do hope they never cross paths again because Namor is never going to be shown in a good light in BP books.
    No, I don't think they respected each other at all. BP thinks Namor is a hot head and an idiot, because that's how he's generally written in a BP story. Namor thinks BP is inexperienced, disrespectful and lacking realpolitik skills. I'll have to find that scan from Daredevil Annual 4. Or worse, their meeting in Defenders.

Here's something I haven't seen before. A very nice Namor on the back cover. I believe it was done by Steve Lightle. Now I wonder what was on the back covers of the other books in this series?

Oh my! Thats a great Namor, and I like how Marrina was included too.

Thanks for posting these! I love that first one, and agree. Adorable! Almost as adorable as him and Dorma riding the sea turtle as kids.

I wish Waid had mentioned BETTY DEAN in that second one. I mean, she's actually the one who is usually talking Namor out of things ... or into things. At least the artist included her. It is nice that we got a big full page splash of Torch and Namor -- as it should be. ;p

I also think it is pretty cool how the artist, Javier Rodriguez, worked in those wordless background panels of Cap's origin. Very nicely done.
    I agree the artist definitely tried to cram in as much as he could or at least the important things that weren't mentioned in the writing which is wonderful. I was expecting at least one line about Betty though.

No, I don't think they respected each other at all. BP thinks Namor is a hot head and an idiot, because that's how he's generally written in a BP story. Namor thinks BP is inexperienced, disrespectful and lacking realpolitik skills. I'll have to find that scan from Daredevil Annual 4. Or worse, their meeting in Defenders.
    I will have to look over those for sure, I think that Namor being friendly to Storm and Tchalla for their honeymoon and giving them an island, and also his appearance in the issues leading up to doomwar makes me think that over time they formed respect for each other even if it didn't start out that way? Like they aren't best friends or anything but a least they weren't all out enemies before AvX.

Black Panther (2009) #1

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Great Namor spotlight in History of the Marvel Universe #2. I recall that Namor was born in 1920, so wouldn't that mean he's about the same age as Steve Rogers and Blade?
    Last edited by Electricmastro; 08-21-2019 at 01:18 PM.

Some nice Namor pics and showings.

I am gad they showed Namor and Jim Hammond shaking hands. Namor did make peace with us surface dwellers and helped fight in WWII!

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Some nice Namor pics and showings.

I am gad they showed Namor and Jim Hammond shaking hands. Namor did make peace with us surface dwellers and helped fight in WWII!
    It's too bad he went back on it by being malicious towards the surface dwellers again, even if some of them did wrong him and Atlantis. I suppose that's what helps make him an interesting character, that he bounces between being heroic and villainous in his attempts to do what he believes is right. Namor really does shine great when he teams up with the other heroes though.

Mighty Member

Because we can never have enough covers of Namor going against other marvel super heavyweights:

Mighty Member

The artwork seems to be hit and miss in this comic. I like the picture of Fen and kid Namor but the sequence with the Human Torch seems too cartoony IMO.

OMG. I have the complete set, and I love it.

Also, you're correct about Steve Lightle doing the cover art. One of my all-time favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Because we can never have enough covers of Namor going against other marvel super heavyweights:

Nice. I never saw the Mail Marvel or Sentry cover before.

Love seeing all this art!