Page 137 of 182 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 2721
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Does anyone remember the issue where Namor was homeless and then he befriends an alcoholic?

I’ve been trying to find the issue.
    Tales of the Marvels: Inner Demons. It's a favorite of mine.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Mine too.

It's just too bad the cover comes apart if you're not careful when handling it.

Astonishing Member

Thanks.

I should’ve asked here sooner.

BANNED

Prince Namor the Sub-Mariner #1 Sep 1984
    "A New Age Dawning?!"
    His mother was an Atlantean Princess and his father was an American surface dweller.
    He is the worlds first mutant. He is the Avenging Son. He is the Savage Sub-Mariner.

Prince Namor ventures to the surface worlds greatest city, New York, where in the halls of the United Nations building
    he seeks to establish peace once and for between his kingdom and theirs. But it is on his return home

when he is attacked by

an undersea assassin and her leviathan that Namor makes the most startling discovery of all...Atlantis has fallen!

Written by J.M. DeMatteis and Bob Budiansky. Art by Bob Budiansky and Danny Bulanadi.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Prince Namor the Sub-Mariner #1 Sep 1984
    "A New Age Dawning?!"
    His mother was an Atlantean Princess and his father was an American surface dweller.
    He is the worlds first mutant. He is the Avenging Son. He is the Savage Sub-Mariner.

Prince Namor ventures to the surface worlds greatest city, New York, where in the halls of the United Nations building
    he seeks to establish peace once and for between his kingdom and theirs. But it is on his return home

when he is attacked by

an undersea assassin and her leviathan that Namor makes the most startling discovery of all...Atlantis has fallen!

Written by J.M. DeMatteis and Bob Budiansky. Art by Bob Budiansky and Danny Bulanadi.
    Very cool. I have that limited series, now if I only remembered where. Gotta gather all my Namor comics and place them together for easier reference.

Mighty Member

One of the many times Namor has acted as a secret cupid between Sue and Reed from Fantastic Four 149. This is the heroic Namor I want to read about, a gentleman and a good friend for Reed and Sue in spite of any romantic feelings that may have existed between him and Sue, and not the sleazebag that will wreck Franklin Richard's family.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    One of the many times Namor has acted as a secret cupid between Sue and Reed from Fantastic Four 149. This is the heroic Namor I want to read about, a gentleman and a good friend for Reed and Sue in spite of any romantic feelings that may have existed between him and Sue, and not the sleazebag that will wreck Franklin Richard's family.

I love those few issues!!! "Now, more than ever" was added on these issues cover.

Sue really seemed to be in love with Subby in the beginning of the story--even going up against the other FF. At the time, I was not sure where this came from--was Sue seeing Namor off panel? How did she find him to be with him in these issues?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I love those few issues!!! "Now, more than ever" was added on these issues cover.

Sue really seemed to be in love with Subby in the beginning of the story--even going up against the other FF. At the time, I was not sure where this came from--was Sue seeing Namor off panel? How did she find him to be with him in these issues?
    She was just enraged with Reed and acting out of anger and feelings of rejection. Once she realized Reed was just too preoccupied with trying to find solutions and being his usual absent minded she came back to her senses. Its in the middle scan in her conversation with the Thing. Namor was just playing his part as a villain in order to push her to a reconciliation with Reed.

She was just enraged with Reed and acting out of anger and feelings of rejection. Once she realized Reed was just too preoccupied with trying to find solutions and being his usual absent minded she came back to her senses. Its in the middle scan in her conversation with the Thing. Namor was just playing his part as a villain in order to push her to a reconciliation with Reed.
    Oh yeah, I know that part.

I meant when did Sue leave to be with Namor? Did the others know?

I mean, Sue could have just left Reed and been on her own in an apartment. Since she was with Namor, she must have had feelings for him. Iwas wondering if there were issues that showed when and how Namor was involved (before these issues, of course)?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Oh yeah, I know that part.

I meant when did Sue leave to be with Namor? Did the others know?

I mean, Sue could have just left Reed and been on her own in an apartment. Since she was with Namor, she must have had feelings for him. Iwas wondering if there were issues that showed when and how Namor was involved (before these issues, of course)?
    It seems like Namor takes advantage of Sue separation from reed in FF 141 due to Reed using an experimental gun on Franklin trying to contain an explosion of Franklin dormant energies that had been triggered by Annihilus. The explosion would have wiped the entire galaxy and Reed was able to stop it with the experimental gun but Franklin was rendered comatose. Sue went to live with friends in issue 142. In issue 147 Namor abducts both Sue and Franklin but we are only shown Namor taking an unconscious Sue on flashbacks as this is Sue's friend telling the story. After that Reed tracks Namor using technology he had hidden in the costume he designed for Namor, once the FF find Namor they battle him until Sue comes up at the end of the issue and lets them know she wants to stay with Namor. He didn't kidnap her and Franklin but asked her to come with him. After that they seem to leave honoring Sue's wishes, Reed of course devastated. There is an issue next where they battle the Frightful Four and the next issue Namor returns with Sue by his side seemingly wanting to get revenge on Reed for what he did to Franklin and his usual revenge on the surface world, that's issue 149. As my scans show it was all a plan to get Sue and Reed to get back together. Even though Sue and Reed re-conciliate in this issue, Franklin's comma doesn't leaves until the next issue when Franklin's power automatically builds up and fires against Ultron saving the day. Both parents are happy at the end and Franklin is finally awake.

Conveniently there are no romantic scenes between Namor and Sue alone shown throughout the issues. Its either Namor fighting the FF minus Sue in 147 or Namor with Sue besides him while he seemingly is menacing the FF in issue 149.
    Last edited by Thor-El; 10-13-2019 at 04:27 PM.

It seems like Namor takes advantage of Sue separation from reed in FF 141 due to Reed using an experimental gun on Franklin trying to contain an explosion of Franklin dormant energies that had been triggered by Annihilus. The explosion would have wiped the entire galaxy and Reed was able to stop it with the experimental gun but Franklin was rendered comatose. Sue went to live with friends in issue 142. In issue 147 Namor abducts both Sue and Franklin but we are only shown Namor taking an unconscious Sue on flashbacks as this is Sue's friend telling the story. After that Reed tracks Namor using technology he had hidden in the costume he designed for Namor, once the FF find Namor they battle him until Sue comes up at the end of the issue and lets them know she wants to stay with Namor. He didn't kidnap her and Franklin but asked her to come with him. After that they seem to leave honoring Sue's wishes, Reed of course devastated. There is an issue next where they battle the Frightful Four and the next issue Namor returns with Sue by his side seemingly wanting to get revenge on Reed for what he did to Franklin and his usual revenge on the surface world, that's issue 149. As my scans show it was all a plan to get Sue and Reed to get back together. Even though Sue and Reed re-conciliate in this issue, Franklin's comma doesn't leaves until the next issue when Franklin's power automatically builds up and fires against Ultron saving the day. Both parents are happy at the end and Franklin is finally awake.

Conveniently there are no romantic scenes between Namor and Sue alone shown throughout the issues. Its either Namor fighting the FF minus Sue in 147 or Namor with Sue besides him while he seemingly is menacing the FF in issue 149.
    Ah, many thanks, my friend!

I was missing some of that info and never understood how Sue was present with Namor. (When Sue formed that visible force-field that destroyed the Fantasti-car, I thought she was gonna be with Namor forever, lol!)
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 10-13-2019 at 04:45 PM.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Couldn't Namor have fallen for Thundra then? They would have made a hot power couple!
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Couldn't Namor have fallen for Thundra then? They would have made a hot power couple!
    True. But their interaction here was so brief.

Namor seemed to really like Valkyrie, but he never persued her.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Bill Everett Namor t-shirt is available for sale on amazon!

link

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Bill Everett Namor t-shirt is available for sale on amazon!

link

I saw this online and the reviews made me a bit wary. I may try to order one, because I LOVE that image. However, I seriously doubt that an actual licensed piece of merchandise, as they claim, as that is NOT anything Bill drew for Marvel. It was a birthday gift for his son.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?