Page 101 of 182 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 2721
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Congratulations on Namor's 100th page!
    Yay! congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I don't think Zdarsky is going to write Namor as crazy to the end. And we have the flashbacks, which I have a theory about. I just hope Zdarsky can pull Namor out of the mess he's been tossed into by other writers and editorial and set Namor up for his return to Silver Age heroic greatness.

Seriously. I complain, but stuff I'd given up on, has showered down on us this anniversary year. Now if we can only get that good solo book at the end.
    Oh that would be interesting if Namor is being set up for a solo! If Chip can do this then that would be great, to let Namor have as close to a clean slate or a new jumping off point for future stories!

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Any of you guys have the old Bowen statue based on Silver Age Sub-Mariner #1?
    I don't have one myself, but an online friend of mine and fellow Namor fan has one! They showed me a picture it was the bronze one that looked like this:

(got this picture online) I really want one though.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Awesome, I've actually seen that bronze one online. I'd love to get the statue but I feel the Bowen paintjob is dated now.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Any of you guys have the old Bowen statue based on Silver Age Sub-Mariner #1?
    You mean, this one?

If so, no. There are FOUR full sized Bowen Namor statues, and I only have the black suit one, and the bronze. I've been planning to pick up this red suit one and the classic green speedo one, though. They are all the same pose, however, so I'm not in a huge hurry. The bases are different, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I don't have one myself, but an online friend of mine and fellow Namor fan has one! They showed me a picture it was the bronze one that looked like this:

(got this picture online) I really want one though.

Awesome, I've actually seen that bronze one online. I'd love to get the statue but I feel the Bowen paintjob is dated now.
    I haven't really seen any newer Bowen statues to compare the paint job of the realistic painted ones. I think the bronze finish is fine, however. The bronze statue doesn't have the sea life decorated base, though it's the same pose, but the cool thing about it, is that there's also a bronze finish Doom! So, I've got both of those and I set them up together as Super Villain Team Up.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Oh that would be interesting if Namor is being set up for a solo! If Chip can do this then that would be great, to let Namor have as close to a clean slate or a new jumping off point for future stories!
    This is the only excuse for Namor's solo not being announced.

I mentioned this in the Namorita thread ... I've finally started watching Tom "X-Men Red" Taylor's animated kid's show, The Deep. It's a fun little show, about a family of ocean explorers / conservationists. There's a precocious young kid that borders on annoying, but his older teen sister helps ground him and keeps him from that fate. There's an over arching mystery / quest to find Lemuria. And plenty of ocean stuff. I can see this show inspiring alot of future oceanographers and marine biologists. Anyway, it made me think, this is the sort of thing that Namorita would be excellent in! She could be a liaison or head up FUN and not so violent Defenders of the Deep, who have kid friendly ocean adventures. The book could have all the recent water breathing / ocean associated characters they've created in the last decade or two, like Loa, Crosta, Water Snake, Nara, and yes, even Wave. And if we can patch up the relationship, Stingray and Diane Arliss -- and their kids. They should be old enough now. Oh, even Marrina could join -- since she's been regressed to more of a rebellious teen in her ressurrection.

It would be aimed at the Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur crowd. And yes, there could be a few guest appearances by Namor and Namora and Atlantis. There's plenty of world building that could go on in the book also. What do you guys think? Any suggestions on writer and artist?
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

This is the only excuse for Namor's solo not being announced.

I mentioned this in the Namorita thread ... I've finally started watching Tom "X-Men Red" Taylor's animated kid's show, The Deep. It's a fun little show, about a family of ocean explorers / conservationists. There's a precocious young kid that borders on annoying, but his older teen sister helps ground him and keeps him from that fate. There's an over arching mystery / quest to find Lemuria. And plenty of ocean stuff. I can see this show inspiring alot of future oceanographers and marine biologists. Anyway, it made me think, this is the sort of thing that Namorita would be excellent in! She could be a liaison or head up FUN and not so violent Defenders of the Deep, who have kid friendly ocean adventures. The book could have all the recent water breathing / ocean associated characters they've created in the last decade or two, like Loa, Crosta, Water Snake, Nara, and yes, even Wave. And if we can patch up the relationship, Stingray and Diane Arliss -- and their kids. They should be old enough now. Oh, even Marrina could join -- since she's been regressed to more of a rebellious teen in her ressurrection.

It would be aimed at the Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur crowd. And yes, there could be a few guest appearances by Namor and Namora and Atlantis. There's plenty of world building that could go on in the book also. What do you guys think? Any suggestions on writer and artist?
    I heard that Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur was recently canceled, which is a shame, i read an issue and it seems really fun. But i think that is a really great idea! I don't know which writer could take it, unless it was Taylor who likes that ocean stuff but he didn't exactly feature Namor much in his XMen red series since that was totally a jean grey book, maybe on art Larroca? He had some nice colors and stuff going on in a fantastic four issue that featured Namor.

I haven't found any concrete evidence, but movie news articles are posting that Namor may appear in black panther 2 and Henry Golding is in talks with Marvel. Like I said its all rumors and I really hope that we don't see Namor in anything Black Panther. link 1 link 2 and also rumors that "Wakanda will come under attack".

Introducing Namor and Atlantis in Black Panther is the worst possible thing for Sub-Mariner fans. Some BP fans might like it because it's another chance to make Panther the super-awesome-amazing guy and Namor as the heel again. I have a nagging feeling it's going to happen.

Introducing Namor and Atlantis in Black Panther is the worst possible thing for Sub-Mariner fans. Some BP fans might like it because it's another chance to make Panther the super-awesome-amazing guy and Namor as the heel again. I have a nagging feeling it's going to happen.
    I really hope it doesn't but with how Marvel has treated Namor in the past then its almost certain they would use him in that way. It's gonna really suck if they do because then we will have nothing but Black Panther vs Namor storylines forever. Namor has 80 years of stories and his time being BP's antagonist is a drop in the ocean compared to how many other stories are out there. They could do Invaders, or Defenders, hell give me an xmen or FF namor and i wont complain but setting him up in BP will only kill his character development even more.

Saw this on twitter, Joe Taslim for Namor edit:

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    However, once again Wave is taking center stage as Marvel's water character.
    IS Wave a water character at all? I mean, is she a water breather? I thought she was something like Stingray.

I don't see how Wave is going to replace Namor. Not in the comics or in any movie / TV attempt. I can see Marvel pushing her for a short time, and, as Doombot said, putting Namor more on the shelf, cause editorial just doesn't care.
    It's official: Wave is joining Future Fight.

https://www.facebook.com/MarvelFutur...2235064986434/

As a Filipino reader of Marvel, let me throw in my two cents. I disagree that Wave is being pushed as Marvel's premiere water character; if anything, she is an addition to Marvel's stable of water-affiliated superheroes, alongside Marvel. Namor's already in Contest of Champions, this will only be Wave's first game appearance.

I think Pearl Pangan is being pushed primarily for her ethnicity, who happens to have hydrokinesis powers like Water Wizard. I can tell you her appeal among Filipino, and perhaps Filipino-American readers, is strong and a lot of my countrymen are very vocal in their support of her. Marvel is pushing for more diversity and representation and it tapped into New Agents of Atlas to reach out to the Asian audience. Is Marvel doing it at the expense of Namor? I really can't say, but maybe someone who is invested neither in Namor nor in Wave can give an outsider's view.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I heard that Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur was recently canceled, which is a shame, i read an issue and it seems really fun. But i think that is a really great idea! I don't know which writer could take it, unless it was Taylor who likes that ocean stuff but he didn't exactly feature Namor much in his XMen red series since that was totally a jean grey book, maybe on art Larroca? He had some nice colors and stuff going on in a fantastic four issue that featured Namor.

Yes, Moon Girl was recently cancelled, after an almost 50 issue run, which is unheard of in this day and age. It didn't sell well in stores, but apparently in trade and on digital it did great.

Tom Taylor would be idea, but I doubt he'd do it. I bet he's saving all his ocean ideas for his creator owned series, The Deep. I'm not sure of an ideal creative team -- will have to think on it more. I loved Salvador Larocca's art about that era, but he draws nothing like that now.

And there's another unresolved or wasted storyline. An antagonistic Lady Dorma from Counter Earth.

I really hope it doesn't but with how Marvel has treated Namor in the past then its almost certain they would use him in that way. It's gonna really suck if they do because then we will have nothing but Black Panther vs Namor storylines forever. Namor has 80 years of stories and his time being BP's antagonist is a drop in the ocean compared to how many other stories are out there. They could do Invaders, or Defenders, hell give me an xmen or FF namor and i wont complain but setting him up in BP will only kill his character development even more.
    Wishful thinking by BP fans and people who hate Namor. And you're exactly right. Black Panther is NOT part of Namor's mythos. He has NEVER had a role in a Namor book, I don't think he's even appeared in one. Hickman only abused to him beef up his editorially mandated Black Panther story. I mean, think about it. If you didn't have Namor in New Avengers, it would have been nothing but 'woe is me' talking heads and hand wringing.

I think I've seen this twitter account before, and it's mostly rumor mongering. And I like Henry Golding, but he's no Namor. I'd bet he's in Shang-Chi or Eternals instead.

That's one of the better photoshopped heads on the Joe Talism pic. Some using various actors are ... pretty funny. ;p

I haven't found any concrete evidence, but movie news articles are posting that Namor may appear in black panther 2 and Henry Golding is in talks with Marvel. Like I said its all rumors and I really hope that we don't see Namor in anything Black Panther. link 1 link 2 and also rumors that "Wakanda will come under attack".
    Sounds like bullshit to me. Besides, Wakanda is landlocked in the MCU, so a rivalry between Wakanda and Atlantis would make no sense in this universe.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

And there's another unresolved or wasted storyline. An antagonistic Lady Dorma from Counter Earth.
    Sadly, she and all the Atlanteans apparently died in the original Exiles series… until a future writer needs them again.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Mighty Member

Wishful thinking by BP fans and people who hate Namor. And you're exactly right. Black Panther is NOT part of Namor's mythos. He has NEVER had a role in a Namor book, I don't think he's even appeared in one. Hickman only abused to him beef up his editorially mandated Black Panther story. I mean, think about it. If you didn't have Namor in New Avengers, it would have been nothing but 'woe is me' talking heads and hand wringing.

I think I've seen this twitter account before, and it's mostly rumor mongering. And I like Henry Golding, but he's no Namor. I'd bet he's in Shang-Chi or Eternals instead.

That's one of the better photoshopped heads on the Joe Talism pic. Some using various actors are ... pretty funny. ;p
    I hope you are right and this is only a rumor. What a tremendous disservice to the character it would be. Namor needs to be introduced in his own movie in a period movie before and then during the World War II and have Namor start as an enemy and then turn into a hero during the war. A Black Panther introduction is horrible and even a Fantastic Four would also not be a good thing for the character as it skips the goodness of all the Bill Everett material from the Golden Age.
    Last edited by Thor-El; 08-01-2019 at 09:08 AM.