Page 125 of 182 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135175 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 2721
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    All Winners.
    There's two versions of the Cabal. Do they need to be distinguished?

Yes, I don't consider Tales to Astonish an anthology book, per se, but a split book. In the Marvel Masterworks reprints, they only give you the Namor half of the book. I definitely think of it as Namor's first 'solo' book in the Silver Age, which leads into his own, self-titled book.
    I will be adding All Winners and also both Cabals, I will make a split or small explanation like to explain them like Cabal l // Cabal ll to show there was two versions! I agree, I want to focus on more of the Silver to Modern age comics since that is what people usually ask about.

I haven't seen any UK comics, but that sounds like what the Golden Age books were like. And I think you are correct, in that the Sub-Mariner Golden Age book, Namor might have had two stories. But this is why I LOVE the new Timely's Greatest Omnibus, because they give you just the Namor stories. And my copy arrived today!!! It is gorgeous! On a quick glance it includes covers and the advertisements too! My only complaint is that the paper is thinner than I would like. I think the previous Golden Age omnibus, and the Marvel Masterworks have much thicker paper. I think it has a couple of Marvel Mystery Comics stories that weren't previously in print, as it draws from MMC 29-31, and the last Marvel Masterworks went up to MMC 28.
    Oh wow you got it! Please share pics if you can!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I will be adding All Winners and also both Cabals, I will make a split or small explanation like to explain them like Cabal l // Cabal ll to show there was two versions! I agree, I want to focus on more of the Silver to Modern age comics since that is what people usually ask about.
    Cool! Well, there's plenty there. More digging and thinking.

Oh wow you got it! Please share pics if you can!
    I'll see what I can do. Though that video I posted was probably way better than anything I can photo. My fingers keep getting in the way!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Mighty Member

I haven't seen any UK comics, but that sounds like what the Golden Age books were like. And I think you are correct, in that the Sub-Mariner Golden Age book, Namor might have had two stories. But this is why I LOVE the new Timely's Greatest Omnibus, because they give you just the Namor stories. And my copy arrived today!!! It is gorgeous! On a quick glance it includes covers and the advertisements too! My only complaint is that the paper is thinner than I would like. I think the previous Golden Age omnibus, and the Marvel Masterworks have much thicker paper. I think it has a couple of Marvel Mystery Comics stories that weren't previously in print, as it draws from MMC 29-31, and the last Marvel Masterworks went up to MMC 28.
    Wow congratulations! That book looked like the ultimate collector's dream! I'm so jealous! Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Wow congratulations! That book looked like the ultimate collector's dream! I'm so jealous! Enjoy!
    Well, I didn't pay full price. ;p Instock Trades has it heavily discounted. I'm counting it as a late b'day present. And yes. It is gorgeous.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Marvel Future Fight recently introduced the Phoenix Five uniforms, but they 'replaced' Namor and Magik with Quentin Quire and Rachel. Needless to say, there was screaming. LOL! I mean, Phoenix Namor >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>> Quentin Quire in his mid thigh shorts.

But there's some leaks that there WILL be a near future release of Phoenix Namor and Magik.

Mighty Member

I've found the perfect Attuma: Nathan Jones!!!

Whoa.

The really scary picture is the second one. That grin. O_O

Is he in movies?

Cool! Well, there's plenty there. More digging and thinking.

I'll see what I can do. Though that video I posted was probably way better than anything I can photo. My fingers keep getting in the way!
    It's ok Rev! Congrats and enjoy your book! I'll be waiting for your recs to add to my list then when its done I'll upload it here!

He looks like a great choice for Attuma!!! Namor needs a foe who is very strong to fight against.

Well certainly he looks strong and scary and good in barbaric clothes.
    Last edited by Coatl; 09-17-2019 at 01:14 PM.

Mighty Member

Whoa.

The really scary picture is the second one. That grin. O_O

Is he in movies?
    Yes, he has been in a lot of movies, is a champion power-lifter and a wrestler as well. Most notable are Mad Max and Troy, at least from my memory.

Mighty Member

And of course we can pair him with Roman Reigns as Namor. Many compare Roman with Jason Momoa. But you gotta go with Roman the other way, get him clean shaven and short hair like classic Namor I honestly think either Roman or the Rock would be my only choices for Namor right now. A close second would be Henry Cavill and John Cena, not too sure about Cena. But honestly all the other suggestions I've heard around don't cut it for me. Roman seems to be the best for his youth, features, physicality and his background as actor and wrestler.

Last edited by Thor-El; 09-17-2019 at 01:54 PM.

Yes, he has been in a lot of movies, is a champion power-lifter and a wrestler as well. Most notable are Mad Max and Troy, at least from my memory.

If I'm not mistaken he was also in Hero with Jet Li.

He certainly has the physical requirements for Attuma. I don't know how well his voice-acting is though. I think a character like Attuma needs to have as much on-screen charisma as Namor.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

History of the Marvel Universe spoilers (kinda? i mean its just going over old stuff) Anyways here's the namor appearances I could find other than the shaving scene:

History of the Marvel Universe spoilers (kinda? i mean its just going over old stuff) Anyways here's the namor appearances I could find other than the shaving scene:

Well, at least the classic stuff is deemed significant enough to make the History, UNLIKE Marvel #1000 80th Anniversary issue. Still salty! I need to make that my signature.; p

Thanks for posting that, IW!