Page 140 of 182 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144150 ... LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 2721
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    January 2020 will give us Tarot but also we will have a new mini series event called Atlantis Attacks! Written by Greg Pak and featuring Atlantis, Namor, and the New Agents of Atlas! link

link

edit:

I'm torn ... but at least it IS something with Namor AND Atlantis. That's exciting!

Now if they could just commit to the solo!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Namor is definitely the bad guy there, this is, as the solicit makes clear, the third arc of New Agents of Atlas (I don't know why they keep doing minis - they should give them an ongoing). Hopefully, it'll end with the Sub-Mariner realising the error of his ways, and he goes back to being on side with the heroes.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

January 2020 will give us Tarot but also we will have a new mini series event called Atlantis Attacks! Written by Greg Pak and featuring Atlantis, Namor, and the New Agents of Atlas! link
    link

edit:

Well surely they are making Namor the antagonist AGAIN, but at least I expect that they do it a fight were both factions have a point or even better the Agents doing a genuine mistake and not just another "Namor is jerk" issue. Still I like to see Namor in Atlantis again I was afraid that they were looking for a way to keep Namor away of home after the last issue of Invaders.
    "And you eater of world. May you taste our righteous fire, And choke on it. For my planet's sake, I spit my last breath at thee"

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Congrats, Ray! A lot of people like the Byrne stuff best of this run, but the Jae Lee and Bob Harras, of all people, was one of my favorites. A cool dark fantasy tale. AFTER the Doom issues, which were good, also, cause DOOOM!

Is that the Annual that had Namor in Rick Jones' body, while the villain stole Namor's body? That WAS a fun fun story.
    Correct. Good thing King Neptune showed up and gifted Rick/Namor with renewed strength, or he'd have been a goner.

Mighty Member

link

edit:

Well, Make Mine Marvel! I'm glad Marvel is keeping my boy Namor active after Invaders!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Look what I found on sale locally via Facebook!

Congrats Revin Ray! I enjoyed the Byrne period and Jae Lee was alright but my favorite had to be Glenn Herdling & Geof Isherwood!

Haha, that #59 cover.... wasn't such a smart idea to have long hair, was it, Namor?
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Atlantis Attacks....they couldn't have come up with something else? They had to rehash this Annuals event title.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

link

edit:

I hope this is well written. I like Pak overall so I'm mostly optimistic. Like others have mentioned, I hope Namor in particular is portrayed well.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Atlantis Attacks....they couldn't have come up with something else? They had to rehash this Annuals event title.
    All things considered, I thought that event showed how clever the Sub-Mariner could be.

spoilers:
    Namor goes into hiding after being "killed", and then rejoins the battle disguised in some radical armor.
    end of spoilers

The most memorable part of that event, IMHO.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Congrats Revin Ray! I enjoyed the Byrne period and Jae Lee was alright but my favorite had to be Glenn Herdling & Geof Isherwood!
    I knew that was probably your favorite part of the run! I wish they hadn't given Namor the pony tail, but at the time, I remember thinking that the art was pretty. It's interesting how there was 3 different art and story styles of that run -- and all of them have their fans.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I knew that was probably your favorite part of the run! I wish they hadn't given Namor the pony tail, but at the time, I remember thinking that the art was pretty. It's interesting how there was 3 different art and story styles of that run -- and all of them have their fans.
    Yes, the horrible pony tail was the only thing that was off from Namor's aesthetics back then, the rest was perfect, they messed with the wristbands a bit but the redesigns weren't that terrible. I'm curious to see Namor wearing the leotard in the Atlantis Attacks previews for 2020. At this point anything is better than Invaders 2019 emmo Namor, even that 90's ponytail cause his head was at least 98% classic Namor.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Yes, the horrible pony tail was the only thing that was off from Namor's aesthetics back then, the rest was perfect, they messed with the wristbands a bit but the redesigns weren't that terrible. I'm curious to see Namor wearing the leotard in the Atlantis Attacks previews for 2020. At this point anything is better than Invaders 2019 emmo Namor, even that 90's ponytail cause his head was at least 98% classic Namor.
    I had been wondering about the black suit on the cover as well Thor-El, I mean the black armor redesign was what i thought Marvel was going to keep Namor in for the foreseeable future, but maybe he ditches it after the invaders run? To be honest Phoenix, House of M 2015, current black armor designs all seem to revolve around Namor being "villainous" so does Marvel only now put him in the shoulder armor to emphasis that?

I honestly wish Marvel would just give him back the classic speedo look.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Namor is in one of the backup stories in Fearless #4.
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...ew-fearless-4/

Namor looks 14 in those Fearless panels.