Page 153 of 182 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 2721

Thanks for all the positive feedback fellow Atlantians. So to answer some questions:

Statue Fan art is from secret group ES of only 50 sold out and should be ready in new year . I did manage to snag one and for obvious reasons it’s one of my most anticipated statues

I love both old and new Jim Lee. I want to state this , on the older drawing from 1996 he had Scott Williams ink. He’s an absolute master of his craft. Not to knock Jim because I’m not you have to consider that art was being produced by two artists. My commission is straight up 2019 Jim Lee. It’s to the point and very classy as well. Not as busy . I couldn’t choose one or the other I feel it’s the evolution of an artist from old to new .

Bonus shot Jim Lee in Toronto with my drawing & Esad Ribic in New York:

Last edited by Subby1939; 11-15-2019 at 08:03 PM.

Now that I’ve figured out this image posting let’s get those Simone Bianchi Marvel Masterwork pieces up. I want to share that the pre lim art I had to purchase separately from another collector . I was super lucky to stumble upon it . Upper deck inserted redemption cards at random in packages of those cards. If you received one you phoned or emailed the code which was hidden like lottery scratch ticket. They would verify if it was legit and if so they sent at random a prelim piece of art. Finding pairs of painting and prelim art is very difficult for obvious reasons as most prelim pieces would have been distributed all over the country or world for that matter.

Last edited by Subby1939; 11-15-2019 at 08:12 PM.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Thanks so much for sharing Subby1939! Love the behind the scenes pics with the artists and wow! You are really lucky to have gotten that line art too! I love that now I can see the frame has "Namor the Sub-Mariner est. 1939" I have been checking in all day just to look at the Doom and Namor art, it's so wonderful because it looks like both of them have just teamed up together and Doom looks like he must have just used some of his power.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    There was actually a case in which he's shown in the water in X-Men #101, though he doesn't sink.

This was actually drawn/written before it was established that Wolverine had adamantium through out his whole body. It wouldn't be for a few years after that it was stated in the book that his skeleton was laced with the metal. So it becomes one of those flubs in writing/story/continuity that is expectably ignored due to the context of the whole situation.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 11-16-2019 at 01:46 AM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    This was actually drawn/written before it was established that Wolverine had adamantium through out his whole body. It wouldn't be for a few years after that it was stated in the book that his skeleton was laced with the metal. So it becomes one of those flubs in writing/story/continuity that is expectably ignored due to the context of the whole situation.
    Ah, just remembered too that he was seen swimming in Claws (2006), so another flub it seems!

Mighty Member

Ah, just remembered too that he was seen swimming in Claws (2006), so another flub it seems!

Wow, pretty nasty! What did the poor froggy guy did to deserve this?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Subby1939 View Post
    Thanks for all the positive feedback fellow Atlantians. So to answer some questions:

Statue Fan art is from secret group ES of only 50 sold out and should be ready in new year . I did manage to snag one and for obvious reasons it’s one of my most anticipated statues
    That statue is great. Could you share pricing? Is there any way a second wave publishing could be made?

Unfortunately these will not be made again . That’s normal with these groups. It’s very exclusive in that way. Pricing is around 1K USD from the group . Hard to say what it would cost aftermarket I’d imagine way more . This piece is stunning . It has two other switch out heads to make it more like Jim Lee art . I prefer the slick back look myself pictured

Mighty Member

Unfortunately these will not be made again . That’s normal with these groups. It’s very exclusive in that way. Pricing is around 1K USD from the group . Hard to say what it would cost aftermarket I’d imagine way more . This piece is stunning . It has two other switch out heads to make it more like Jim Lee art . I prefer the slick back look myself pictured
    I prefer that style too, Namor with flowing locks looks weaker, this is perfect! Congratulations, you are about to have the best Namor statue in existence IMO!

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I always silently go "nooooo" whenever I reread that part! Because I love Namor's ankle wings and he is in such pain over losing them )': but still I do really enjoy this series alot (except for the ending with Kamar since you know I always feel like if you want give a character a son or daughter then don't just use them to be killed off!)

so. Venom eventually lost, right? geez..

Yes Namor rips his tongue out literally . It’s fantastic lol

I found the original cover art for this issue thought I’d add it to post:

Yeah, Now this is little to no excuse! Lol

the frog man thing there should have been able to out speed Wolverine under water since his body is naturally adapted to it and even if Wolverine if muscles are "stronger" than the average man due to the weight he constantly carries it still wouldn't be enough not to have him sink like a rock in water and in a battle. He would have to constantly be struggling to simply stay a float, let alone fight.

*Shrug* Comic Logic.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Whoa! This thread sure got busy. I love it!

Hmm... John Byrne's art of Namor from Fantastic Four #260 (November, 1983) seems to have a weird-shaped head for some reason.

Not sure, but Byrne certainly got those wild Kirby eyebrows. I always felt Byrne's Namor was a bit too ... rangy.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Just saw this fan art and all I have to say is! MARVEL GIVE US A NAMOR UNIVERSE!

link

OMG. That's awesome. Here's my money!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Hmm... John Byrne's art of Namor from Fantastic Four #260 (November, 1983) seems to have a weird-shaped head for some reason.

Yeah, Byrne is emulating Golden Age artists with his Namor. Byrne is one of the all time greats, but his Namor is among my least favourite depictions of the character. His Namor always looks flat and skinny and somewhat comical. What he was trying for just never succeeded in my opinion.

One of my all time fav comic pages was from Alpha Flight and it was a John Byrne masterpiece on Subby. The whole page spoke to me because he’s exiting Lake Ontario , near Toronto I live not far from this location . It was and still is a page I’d kill to have. Namor on top right with the swooping effect coming out of the water is so powerful and classic Byrne.