Page 87 of 182 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 2721
    Mighty Member

Dropping here three more panels from my Namor vs Mangog slugfest:
    Namor The Sub-mariner: To Conquer a Demon
    In order to reclaim the kingdom of Atlantis Namor must defeat Mangog, the demon in mortal combat. Exiled to a remote deserted asteroid both combatants engage in a slugfest.

These are so great, buddy! I could look at these all day. More, more, more!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    These are so great, buddy! I could look at these all day. More, more, more!
    Thanks Phoenixx9. Wish I could have the time to animate this, at least limited animation like those old 60s cartoons would be possible without requiring months.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

The New Invaders preview is so beautiful, I love Guice's art so much!!! Preview link

INVADERS #9
    CHIP ZDARSKY (W)
    CARLOS MAGNO & BUTCH GUICE (A)
    Cover by BUTCH GUICE
    “DEAD IN THE WATER” CONTINUES!
    It’s WAR as NAMOR takes on ROXXON! Meanwhile, CAPTAIN AMERICA and WINTER SOLDIER recruit a classic INVADER in their attempts to bring NAMOR to justice and stop his infiltration of the world’s governments!

It totally reminded me of the classic FF panel and others where Namor has his head popping up out of the water.

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Great looking cover!

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Finally a cover from this series that highlights Namor!!! Just couldn't believe when they had replaced him with Namora before!!!

Loving this very John Buscema influenced Mc Niven style.
    Finally, indeed!

I like the covers, but it is so different from what I expect from McNiven. I'm very curious about this change. Or if it is all the inker?

Dropping here three more panels from my Namor vs Mangog slugfest:
    Namor The Sub-mariner: To Conquer a Demon
    This reminds me of those classic Hulk vs Namor slug fests. BRUTAL! Excellent work, Thor-El!

Thanks Phoenixx9. Wish I could have the time to animate this, at least limited animation like those old 60s cartoons would be possible without requiring months.
    Wow. Animated would be amazing and amazingly alot MORE work.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    The New Invaders preview is so beautiful, I love Guice's art so much!!! Preview link

INVADERS #9
    CHIP ZDARSKY (W)
    CARLOS MAGNO & BUTCH GUICE (A)
    Cover by BUTCH GUICE
    “DEAD IN THE WATER” CONTINUES!
    It’s WAR as NAMOR takes on ROXXON! Meanwhile, CAPTAIN AMERICA and WINTER SOLDIER recruit a classic INVADER in their attempts to bring NAMOR to justice and stop his infiltration of the world’s governments!

It totally reminded me of the classic FF panel and others where Namor has his head popping up out of the water.

I have to say, Guice is doing better and better with covers. Less of the scruffy or Fu Manchu look is better for me.

And yes! I noticed the same thing! There was also a similar image by Bill Sienkiewicz ... maybe for a trading card? Wasn't there an Everett panel also?

Well, NOW Namor takes on Roxxon? I wonder if this is supposed to be before or after War of Realms?
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

What is the History of MU like? Is it about the heroes and their powers?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Finally, indeed!

I like the covers, but it is so different from what I expect from McNiven. I'm very curious about this change. Or if it is all the inker?

This reminds me of those classic Hulk vs Namor slug fests. BRUTAL! Excellent work, Thor-El!

Wow. Animated would be amazing and amazingly alot MORE work.
    Thank you, Rev. So glad you liked it. About that cover, you got a point there, it could be Farmer too.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

"History of the Marvel Universe aims to reveal previous unexplored and undiscovered secrets about the Marvel Universe. The six-part comic will explore every secret, from Marvel's Big Bang to its eventual twilight hours. It will also cover every factoid of the grand universe, analyzing it through fresh eyes. Iconic Marvel stories will be re-examined through this six-part series aiming to educate and inform fans old and new." - https://www.cbr.com/history-of-the-m...imely-journey/

Comic Geek in General

Wow, Namor is still very anti surface world September.........any more former teammates for him to remind not to go in the water? Or will Cap have to go to the X-Men to try to reign Namor in (assuming the FF haven’t had their chance yet)

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy View Post
    Wow, Namor is still very anti surface world September.........any more former teammates for him to remind not to go in the water? Or will Cap have to go to the X-Men to try to reign Namor in (assuming the FF haven’t had their chance yet)
    In some ways, it is very understandable. Namor is arguably taking up the eco-warrior stance in Invaders.

According to the solicitation for the last issue, Roxxon attacked Atlantis. And the Avengers, and most of the world, are going to war with Roxxon in War of Realms, so I'm not so sure how that counts as anti-surface world. If anything, it just shows Namor was right -- again.

Infiltrating other governments. I'm pretty sure everyone tries to do that. Of course, we have to see WHAT Namor is going to do with that. That could definitely be very anti-surface world.

I'm thinking Cap is going to Toro, since Zdarsky mentioned him previously. Well, the book is the Invaders, so I doubt Cap and company will be going to other groups. But I do think he needs to approach some of the female Invaders. Namor always has been more receptive to appeals from the ladies. It's too bad they killed off Betty Dean.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 06-22-2019 at 10:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    "History of the Marvel Universe aims to reveal previous unexplored and undiscovered secrets about the Marvel Universe. The six-part comic will explore every secret, from Marvel's Big Bang to its eventual twilight hours. It will also cover every factoid of the grand universe, analyzing it through fresh eyes. Iconic Marvel stories will be re-examined through this six-part series aiming to educate and inform fans old and new." - https://www.cbr.com/history-of-the-m...imely-journey/
    IOW, more retcons!!!

I just hope they don't trash Namor's seminal role in the MU or Atlantis, to boost other characters.

Thank you, Rev. So glad you liked it. About that cover, you got a point there, it could be Farmer too.

Nope, you were right. McNiven says he was attempting to channel John Buscema. Here's the pencils ... they aren't that different from the inks.

https://www.instagram.com/mcnivenart/?hl=en

https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirts?query=namor

Tee Public is having a sale ... looks like 35% off? Only for another 12 hours, though. You can get a t-shirt, print, mug, tote, etc with Namor images! Besides the Imperius Rex image, there are these three:

Last edited by Reviresco; 06-22-2019 at 10:50 AM.