Page 155 of 182 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 2721
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Wow this thread exploded, wasn't expecting to come back to this but for my input I have to say the best drawn Namor is one who looks like he can move fast and take a hit, which to me is always Alex Ross, the snippets I saw of his Marvelocity where he fights Iron Man is AMAZING.

I'm definitely still on the speedo side, I want that old look back! To me the constant changes to his look are just Marvel's way of trying to draw in new readers by giving him a new outfit, and Everett had it right, all Namor really needs is swimming trunks. Other stuff is good for ceremonies or something but day to day should be the speedos.

Quote Originally Posted by Subby1939 View Post
    Two famous artists have drawn Namor with no costume . Yes naked . Alex Ross in Marvels and Esad Ribic the depths . This would make the most sense as what need would a deep sea mutant have for cloths anyways . I prefer less as it shows a more powerful being imo.

Ok sharing time :

Adi Granov original

AHSHSJDJDK THIS IS SO GOOD! Thanks for sharing. Honestly I love Marvels and the Depths so much! I keep saying a Depths horror film is the way to go for a more scary Namor. Alex Ross is simply the best. I love that he had Namor without clothes in Marvels XD. His current covers on immortal hulk are astounding. I hope Namor makes it into one of those covers if he does team up with Bruce in an upcoming issue.
    Last edited by ImperiusWrecked; 11-17-2019 at 09:00 PM.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Speaking of drawings, I noticed that Jack Kirby's drawings of Namor in All-Winners Comics #2 (1941), Fantastic Four #4 (1962), and Fantastic Four #102 (1970) seemed to vary quite a bit over time.

This is so cool to see!!! The older art still has Namor with his red hair! Very interesting to see the changes over time. Thanks!

Here are two of my fav covers of Namor . The Ross one could be the most perfect representation of that character ever. The pose and muscularity is perfection ! These are my personal copies

Here are two of my fav covers of Namor . The Ross one could be the most perfect representation of that character ever. The pose and muscularity is perfection ! These are my personal copies
    These are wonderful. I absolutely agree, both covers are astounding but the Ross one is definitely my favorite as well! My other favorite Ross covers is the Invaders cover and the Avengers/Invaders cover that has older Namor fighting his younger self.

Mighty Member

I like both covers and the Invaders #1 2019 by Ross is such a powerful image. I do prefer the painted hair on Namor than hair that looks more realistic.

Last edited by Thor-El; 11-18-2019 at 09:57 AM.

Mighty Member

The man of mysterious powerful speedos, even the villains realized there was power in those speedos and coveted this garment !

Last edited by Thor-El; 11-19-2019 at 08:27 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    The man of mysterious powerful speedos, even the villains realized there was power in those speedos and coveted this garment !

Ah yes, the classic story where the plot revolves around the villain pants-ing the hero. Those old comics could be wonderfully weird sometimes.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Ah yes, the classic story where the plot revolves around the villain pants-ing the hero. Those old comics could be wonderfully weird sometimes.
    Yes, the genious of Roy Thomas! This was very golden age of comics even though it was being written in another period!
    https://www.option38.com/invaders-annual-1-1977/

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    These are wonderful. I absolutely agree, both covers are astounding but the Ross one is definitely my favorite as well! My other favorite Ross covers is the Invaders cover and the Avengers/Invaders cover that has older Namor fighting his younger self.

These two are my absolute favourites of his as well. I find Ross can be hit and miss for me with his Namors, the faces often change for whatever reason, maybe depending of which model he uses. These tow though, these two are pure Namor, this is how he should look.

The Invaders poster here would be even better if the Torch stood out just a teeny bit more. He tends to merge with the background.
    Last edited by Doombot; 11-18-2019 at 10:08 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I know some fans love the idea of fishnets (I find the idea amusing) but I'm pretty sure they are meant to be some sort of scale armor.
    Yes, I think everyone in the board knows how much I hate the new costume. And the fishnets make it even worst! The speedo is practical but what use could he have for fishnets other than showing skin, just a ridiculous design. That's something Xerxes of Persia might like to use or even Loki but not Namor.
    I prefer the fishnets version, because I think its a way of trying to strike a balance between the classic speedo costume and the modern designs to cover him up as much as possible. So yes, it lets him show a bit more skin--while still letting Marvel put pants on him.

Frankly, I think it looks better that way too, rather than just strips of yellow...whatever its meant to be. I've heard some speculation that it is meant to be yellow scales (but if they were going for scales, why not go with the green scales of his classic outfit?), but most artists so far don't give it the texture to be scales. It appears to just be strips of yellow material with a pattern on it. Blue pants with yellow strips? How did anyone come up with a design like that for Namor?

But when this outfit made its debut in AVENGERS the pants looked more green (which is Namor's classic colour) and the strips appeared to be fishnets showing bare skin beneath. Green material with bare skin? Now THAT is at least more appropriate to Namor's wardrobe history.

For Namor a speedo is fine but I wouldn't like a naked Namor unless its a special story of implied nudity like The Deep or a couple panels as part of an origin like Alex Ross' in Marvels.
    The weird thing is that the nudity wasn't confined to just Namor's first appearance scene in MARVELS. We don't see Namor wearing anything in any of his appearances throughout the miniseries. The first scene is just the only time our attention is called to it. But if you go back and look at all of Namor's appearances in MARVELS, we never actually see his speedo/trunks. That part of his body is always either hidden by shadows, or there is a person/object blocking the line of sight.

I just found that an odd choice, given that MARVELS was covering events already shown in other Marvel comics where Namor was depicted wearing the speedo.
    Last edited by Dermie; 11-18-2019 at 08:54 PM.

I think Ross was portraying Namor through people’s or reporters eyes as if it were as realistic as possible . An unimaginable humanoid flying from the ocean depths . The shear terror that people would have experienced . The nudity may have given a more alien feel to a very conservative society in 40s.

Mighty Member

We could be getting our Namor solo series after all. The word "Gossip" at the beginning of the article worries me though.

Gossip: Is Chip Zdarsky Writing a New Namor The Sub Mariner X-Men Comic?

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/11...utm_content=PN

Last edited by Thor-El; 11-19-2019 at 08:25 AM.

Can someone give me the scoop as to what recently made Namor a little more evil and attack Stingray? Also, how did he obtain his power to control water?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Can someone give me the scoop as to what recently made Namor a little more evil and attack Stingray? Also, how did he obtain his power to control water?
    He got the hydrokinesis from Hydroman in the recent Invaders run. Somehow, it isn't explained, the Atlanteans copied? Hydroman's powers and gave them to Namor.

It hasn't been stated as the reason, but also in the recent Invaders run, it is revealed that Professor X inserted a 'therapist' into Namor's mind, without Namor's permission, who has basically taken on a life of his own, and has been emerged as a malevolent personality who has been taking over Namor at times. That said, we don't know if that's what prompted the attack on Stingray, as that was in Jason Aaron's book, and I think Aaron still has plans for Namor and the Defenders of the Deep. Plus, it appeared, to me, that Aaron either gave Namor a strength upgrade / acknowledged just how strong Namor really is -- which wasn't mentioned at all in Invaders.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

We could be getting our Namor solo series after all. The word "Gossip" at the beginning of the article worries me though.

Gossip: Is Chip Zdarsky Writing a New Namor The Sub Mariner X-Men Comic?

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/11...utm_content=PN

WOW!

Excuse me while go outside and run around like a madwoman SCREAMING!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?