Page 92 of 182 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 2721
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    How do you guys feel about the ever changing look of the Atlanteans in the classic series? The early books couldn't seem to decide whether or not to go with the large black eyed, more fish like appearance or the standard human look like Dorma. Everett himself came back for those late issue arcs and changed characters like Byrrah back into a Golden Age look of green skin and huge eyes.
    Oh, don't get me started. Though, my head scratching began much later with the "tattoos"?????
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

LOL the white ones that seemed to pop up in like the mid 2000s?

Mighty Member

You want to see gills on the characters? Like on their necks or behind their ears or wherever, I forget exactly where they are lol
    I think the gills could look interesting depending on the artist. In a movie they definitely could look cool but I wouldn't like to have them as in the comic book those three indentations by the side of the neck, they had to be invisible and when the character is making some effort then have them flare but I'd put them in the trap muscles and have the muscles flex and reveal the indentations only in very tense scenes like when you take a deep breath.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Oh, don't get me started. Though, my head scratching began much later with the "tattoos"?????
    I agree this was pretty bad. Didn't it start on that young Namor series geared toward young girls.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    lol, On their necks, just below and kinda behind their ears. I want to see them because it's one of the few things that differentiate Marvel's Atlanteans and DC's Atlanteans other than the blue skin and pointed ears. It makes sense for them to have them. They come and go according to the artist or writer, but its a major plot point that Namor's gills were shut in the 1698 Sub-Mariner series.

From Prince Namor, The Sub-Mariner (1968) #18

However while most artists, like Bryne, draw a few thin lines for gills I really like this deception from Uncanny X-Men (2012) #10 (pencil art by Carlos Pacheco & Paco Daiz)

John Bryne:

Although I usually ignore the Young Namor comic's plot, I really did like the art alot and they featured the gills there as well.
    Thanks for posting these I.W. I wonder if Byrne was the first one to draw the gills in the neck because I don't remember seeing the gills like that before.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Thanks for posting these I.W. I wonder if Byrne was the first one to draw the gills in the neck because I don't remember seeing the gills like that before.
    You're welcome! I'm not actually sure, Namor's gills don't show up all the time in the 90s run, but they show up in some close ups. I do wonder when exactly they were first featured though, we know for sure he had them in the silver age though I don't recall any specific issue at this time where we see them.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

I'm still not buying any Avengers until Namor shows up, but a friend sent me this panel about them mentioning Namor in passing and a fireshark that I thought I would share. I'm just waiting to see if he shows up again.

fireshark.jpg

I'm still not buying any Avengers until Namor shows up, but a friend sent me this panel about them mentioning Namor in passing and a fireshark that I thought I would share. I'm just waiting to see if he shows up again.

fireshark.jpg
    LOL!

More like returning the vicious predators the surface dwellers brought to HIS door step. You go, Sea Prince!

I can't even see who is talking in that panel.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    LOL!

More like returning the vicious predators the surface dwellers brought to HIS door step. You go, Sea Prince!

I can't even see who is talking in that panel.
    lolol, Namor is just returning their problems to them, he has enough of his own XD. I checked with another friend who told me it was Robbie Reyes and Carol Danvers.

LOL the white ones that seemed to pop up in like the mid 2000s?
    Yes. I mean. WTF? They just appeared ... and about that time, they started treating the Atlanteans like a bunch of prehistoric, tribal nomads using stone spears.

Sometime I'm going to have do some digging and find out the responsible party. I'm also thinking about the same time they gave them to Namorita / Kymera.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    I agree this was pretty bad. Didn't it start on that young Namor series geared toward young girls.
    I don't think so, though I'll have to look. Though they did seem to portray the Atlanteans as less technological and more medieval. Just off the top of my head, it seems it was around Civil War when I first saw the tattoos.

I never knew of the gills being drawn, but it would make sense. I think I like them! It would also add to Namor's amphibian nature.

lolol, Namor is just returning their problems to them, he has enough of his own XD. I checked with another friend who told me it was Robbie Reyes and Carol Danvers.
    Exactly!

Robbie Reyes is awfully familiar with Namor. Especially after his last encounter with Namor.

I saw a panel with Heimdall Daredevil predicting the future plotlines to She-Hulk, and he mentioned the Sea Trials? Or something like that, so I'm guessing we still have some Aaron written Namor to fear coming up... or he can be like other writers and never get around to Namor's plotlines. #SameOldNeglect

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I never knew of the gills being drawn, but it would make sense. I think I like them! It would also add to Namor's amphibian nature.
    I tend to favor the gills also. I'm trying to remember if Everett ever drew them on Namor, or said anything about them? Or if he drew them on his non-human looking Sub-Mariners?

FINALLY!!!

It isn't going to be easy to get, I'm betting, but at least Marvel is actually putting out some Namor merchandise. Look at the bottom left ... a Skottie Young Namor pin will be available at SDCC!!

AHHHHHH I WANT ONE. OMG. I know I won't get it but pleaseee. I need it.