Page 138 of 182 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 2721
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Couldn't Namor have fallen for Thundra then? They would have made a hot power couple!
    I don't know. Thundra didn't have many romances, did she? She was a militant feminist, IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    True. But their interaction here was so brief.

Namor seemed to really like Valkyrie, but he never persued her.
    They actually were flirting and making out that one issue, but then Namor realized he wasn't over Lady Dorma's death, and put an end to that.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

I will be wary of those too then Rev! I do want to get it because i do love that art alot though.

DocGold13 on tumblr does great paper cut out art and he done Namor and the sub-mariner family and also villains, here are a few! link

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I don't know. Thundra didn't have many romances, did she? She was a militant feminist, IIRC.

They actually were flirting and making out that one issue, but then Namor realized he wasn't over Lady Dorma's death, and put an end to that.
    True.

With Thundra, she did "date" Hyperion and Arkon. She "crushed" on Thing.

With Valkyrie, the heart wants what the heart wants. Sad, because Namor needed to move on, Val needed some love and friendship and Namor would have stuck around with the Defenders.

I would love to see this as a "What-If"story!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I saw this online and the reviews made me a bit wary. I may try to order one, because I LOVE that image. However, I seriously doubt that an actual licensed piece of merchandise, as they claim, as that is NOT anything Bill drew for Marvel. It was a birthday gift for his son.
    Also, is it me but close to $30 for a t-shirt feels outrageous! Great image but that price, pass.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I will be wary of those too then Rev! I do want to get it because i do love that art alot though.

DocGold13 on tumblr does great paper cut out art and he done Namor and the sub-mariner family and also villains, here are a few! link

Wow, these are amazing!

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Art of Namor by various artists from his introductory decade in the modern Marvel universe of the 1960s:

Jack Kirby, Dick Ayers, Wallace Wood, Gene Colan

Jerry Grandenetti, Bill Everett, Don Heck, Dan Adkins

Werner Roth, Marie Severin, John Buscema, Herb Trimpe, Sal Buscema
    Last edited by Electricmastro; 10-14-2019 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Art of Namor by various artists from his introductory decade in the modern Marvel universe of the 1960s:

Love these!!! Seeing all the different artists together is great!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post

So awesome! Gene Colan, Werner Roth and John Buscema are my favorites in this collage.

Namor may be appearing in a Avengers/Defenders book in January 2020!!! The cover has him in his green speedo and I'm very excited!!!

Mighty Member

Namor may be appearing in a Avengers/Defenders book in January 2020!!! The cover has him in his green speedo and I'm very excited!!!

Best news I've heard in awhile, those are classic lineups and Alan Davis and Paul Renaud are top talents. Would have loved Alan on interiors too but Renaud art is awesome too. This goes definitely on my pull list!

IT'S GONNA BE NAMOR AND STEVE CENTERED with the OG DEFENDERS?! I COULDN'T BE MORE HAPPY.

YES thor-el!!! This books looks like its gonna be so good!

Mighty Member

IT'S GONNA BE NAMOR AND STEVE CENTERED with the OG DEFENDERS?! I COULDN'T BE MORE HAPPY.

I only hope this is in present continuity and not an old story, everything looks great!

Wait...is this a new story told "back then", lol! If so, I definitely NEED this!

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Best news I've heard in awhile, those are classic lineups and Alan Davis and Paul Renaud are top talents. Would have loved Alan on interiors too but Renaud art is awesome too. This goes definitely on my pull list!
    I agree! Great news! Next year was looking bleak, but now we have classic Defenders AND Avengers, with a top tier creative team! Is it an ongoing, or a mini-series? Hopefully either one, and not a one-shot.

I don't know if it is going to be Steve and Namor centric, especially given that cover, but at least they and their exploits in WWII will be the catalyst. Regardless, I'm thrilled with that classic lineup and the creative talent. Can not wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    I only hope this is in present continuity and not an old story, everything looks great!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Wait...is this a new story told "back then", lol! If so, I definitely NEED this!
    I'm thinking it is an old story, and NOT set in the present. I mean, look at those costumes. When was the last time we saw Thor or Val in those costumes?
    Last edited by Reviresco; 10-15-2019 at 11:16 AM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Okay, just saw a solicit in the Defenders thread ... it looks like it will be a 4 issue mini-series.

Also, didn't find Alan Davis' twitter, but here's Paul Renaud's.

https://twitter.com/PaulRENAUDart