Page 84 of 182 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 2721
    Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

I love Namor! Someone at my local comic shop said Jason Momoa would work as Namor instead of Aquaman...
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon16 View Post
    I love Namor! Someone at my local comic shop said Jason Momoa would work as Namor instead of Aquaman...
    Nice to meet a new fan! Welcome to the Subby fandom.

lol, I thought he could have been a good Namor too...

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Thanks Rev! That means alot!

Ok so what is going on here is that Rev came up with the brilliant idea to make our own Namor 80th anniversary poster and I have been working on the edits. I have four posters with logos across the years, but only two are finished now. Here they are with moments Rev and I picked out:

I am still picking out panels for the last two posters, then I will be sharing them on other social media sites when all four are done. I want to ask if any other Namor fan here has a request for a panel to be included in the last two posters, one of them will be lovers, family, friends, and foes centered and the other will be whatever goes. let me know with comic issue/panel or if you have a panel then that is great! And I will see if I can fit it in.
    This is great! I have a Submariner Pinterest board, its a work in progress as I'm slowly organizing in sub-sections but if you need to get to images fast I've got over two thousand pins there.
    https://www.pinterest.com/simonwm9/n...e-sub-mariner/

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Thanks Rev! That means alot!

Ok so what is going on here is that Rev came up with the brilliant idea to make our own Namor 80th anniversary poster and I have been working on the edits. I have four posters with logos across the years, but only two are finished now. Here they are with moments Rev and I picked out:

I am still picking out panels for the last two posters, then I will be sharing them on other social media sites when all four are done. I want to ask if any other Namor fan here has a request for a panel to be included in the last two posters, one of them will be lovers, family, friends, and foes centered and the other will be whatever goes. let me know with comic issue/panel or if you have a panel then that is great! And I will see if I can fit it in.
    Really cool!

It looks very nice! Also, it shows what a big part Namor is in the MU! Thank you for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Really cool!

It looks very nice! Also, it shows what a big part Namor is in the MU! Thank you for sharing.
    Thanks! If Rev hadn't come up with the idea I never would have done it and I'm really glad they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    This is great! I have a Submariner Pinterest board, its a work in progress as I'm slowly organizing in sub-sections but if you need to get to images fast I've got over two thousand pins there.
    https://www.pinterest.com/simonwm9/n...e-sub-mariner/
    Amazing!!! I will give it a look over tonight so I can finish the other two posters! This is wonderful. Thanks!

Yeah that Pintrest board is awesome.

Mighty Member

Glad you guys like the board. I wonder if anyone has seen this. Not too much a fan of that voice but its Namor in a more recent animation. I think Namor's voice should be really deep like Hemsworth or Momoa.
    Last edited by Thor-El; 06-12-2019 at 04:50 AM.

Glad you guys like the board. I wonder if anyone has seen this. Not too much a fan of that voice but its Namor in a more recent animation. I think Namor's voice should be really deep like Hemsworth or Momoa.
    No, I had not seen that before. But I like it. Glad Triton was in it. I like the Inhumans and Namor working together. So many good stories could be told.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

For those that like feats, there's an awesome two page spread in today's Invaders by Carlos Magno.

Wow!

Also, I think Doombot will like the long range plans of Namor, though I found it a bit more ruthless than I like.

And Zdarsky still gives us the introspective stuff with Guice's wonderful art work.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I've seen it before, though I don't have the disc. It's basic one of those motion comics of the Jenkins and Lee Inhuman series -- important to Namor fans because of the nu Jae Lee look for Namor AND because we get Atlantis back from the Inhumans.

The stuff with Triton is a retcon ... and one I usually ignore.

But it also shows that Namor and Black Bolt are far closer and have worked together a number of times, so the business with Hickman makes even less sense.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I did see this and I agree with the voice thing, Namor should have deep baritone in my opinion, and I always love Jae Lee's art. This was taken from the Inhumans run and I think they adapted it pretty well. Namor should have his own animation, I know I keep saying it, but its true. lol

The latest Invaders has been one hell of a ride. My thoughts below, I tried not to give out too many spoilers but still putting it under in case anyone hasnt read it yet.
    spoilers:

We theorized that Namor’s weapon wasn’t as it seemed,and it’s good to see that is the case, though this now opens up a whole new world of possibilities. I like that the writer shows he knows the character to know Namor isn’t a tyrant king who wants war.

However Namor has been under the influence of Machan/Tommy who was placed there by Xavier and it has been effecting him. The latest reveal of the nature of the bomb carries with it a new world of possible storylines. This reminds me of the time Dr. Hydro once changed a group of humans into mutated water dwellers. In Sub-mariner (1968) #61.

Later Namor voices his concern that his people won’t accept living with another race. This isn’t surprising bc the Atlanteans always hated others who weren’t fully Atlantean due to how they have always had to deal with outsiders who always seek to harm them but also the Atlanteans were racist. Not all of them but there was many who don’t accept people who were different from them.

And that is something Namor struggled with his whole life. However now the newly made Atlanteans are now going to be a part of Namor’s people. But just how much of this was Namor’s idea and how much of it came from Machan/Tommy’s influence? Just how will Steve deal with this? Just when will Jim’s head be reattached? Can’t wait for the next issue to find out more.

end of spoilers

Also Guimaraes and Magno have done another beautiful splash (pun intended) page, its so pretty!

Aquaman got cancelled. The writer continued the story in the pages of Savage Sub-Mariner... then that got cancelled too!
    https://www.cbr.com/aquaman-namor-ee...s-final-issue/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Aquaman got cancelled. The writer continued the story in the pages of Savage Sub-Mariner... then that got cancelled too!
    https://www.cbr.com/aquaman-namor-ee...s-final-issue/
    Thanks alot Steve Skeates!

Just kidding.

But yes, I've heard this before and thought it was sort of amusing, that a writer would finish / referenc his DC story in a Marvel story. Of course, this isn't the first time this sort of thing has happened. Roy Thomas finished off his Dr Strange story in Namor and the Hulk as a sort of proto Defenders story.

Old Man Namor shows up with his kids again in Major X #5, I saw a few panels online but I haven't read it.

Namor looks like he aged 20 years since the last issue. "So it shall be written, so it shall be done." C'moooonnnn.