Page 108 of 182 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 2721
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Never thought I would say this, but Namor looks good with this goatee, and of course I always love seeing Namor in a suit. Butch's art is so great.

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Such a great page! Thanks for posting it Thor-El!

I'm pretty sure this is a scan of an original book, since Namor's hair is red. I love that panel where's kicking the dirt / snow. And things NEVER change for Namor. Betty working her wiles on a willing Namor, even if he "sacrificed my stuff and my Atlanteans fighting for you" and the whole, "I'm tired of fighting." LOL!

And readers new to Golden Age comics always point out how much better Everett's art is to most everyone at that time. He's sorely underappreciated nowadays.
    I love looking at Everett's art, and its so true he doesn't get remembered like Kirby or others do which is very sad.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I'm mixed myself on the issue but mostly bc I would have paid so much to never see Namor/Sue anything anymore, like I really hate the Namor/Sue/Reed triangle and wish Marvel would let Namor move past it! Other than that, everything else was very compelling and thank goodness it looks like the newly made atlanteans might get reversed. Bucky and Namor interactions are always great.

My store already told me they have my funkos on hold! I'm picking them up on friday!
    Awesome! They are early!

My feelings exactly on the Sue business. I need to re-read it, but I'm betting Sue is there to save the coast, not Namor. I'd much, much, much rather have had one of the Invaders, especially Bucky or Jim, or if they were going with a woman, Spitfire.

Bucky and Namor are awesome together. I'm all for seeing more of them.

Never thought I would say this, but Namor looks good with this goatee, and of course I always love seeing Namor in a suit. Butch's art is so great.

I do love Butch's art and that cover is amazing! But I'm still not fond of the goatee.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Some rough day at the office namor icons, i left them kinda big (500x500) but i can resize if anyone wants me to, free to use if you like!

more icons ~

Pretty solid Invaders issue. I'm wondering how they are going to repair this relationship though. This book reminds me of what it's like to have people in your life that have unaddressed mental disorder. It's very hard to maintain relationships when that happens. Bucky is really the only one who has a sense of what Namor is going through, though Sue might be a little more understanding as well given her time as Malice.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

I ordered the Alex Ross MARVELS Posterbook, which has 20 plates, figuring there had to be at least ONE of Namor in there. Well, I was disappointed on that count. There are two plates that have Namor in them, but he's basically a background figure / in a crowd.

Six of the plates are covers from the series.

Six of the plates are of Galactus and Surfer. =_=

I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that the postcard books proves more Namor friendly.

That said, as an art fan, and an Alex Ross fan, I'm not disappointed. A nice, oversized, quality paper book at an affordable price. I'm waffling on wether I want to dismantle and frame some pieces or not.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Some rough day at the office namor icons, i left them kinda big (500x500) but i can resize if anyone wants me to, free to use if you like!

Oh, these are awesome! I definitely need them for work. LOL!

Thanks for doing them!

I ordered the Alex Ross MARVELS Posterbook, which has 20 plates, figuring there had to be at least ONE of Namor in there. Well, I was disappointed on that count. There are two plates that have Namor in them, but he's basically a background figure / in a crowd.

Six of the plates are covers from the series.

Six of the plates are of Galactus and Surfer. =_=

I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that the postcard books proves more Namor friendly.

That said, as an art fan, and an Alex Ross fan, I'm not disappointed. A nice, oversized, quality paper book at an affordable price. I'm waffling on wether I want to dismantle and frame some pieces or not.
    If I could Alex Ross paint a whole book for Namor's 80th i would be so happy, these look great Rev!

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Pretty solid Invaders issue. I'm wondering how they are going to repair this relationship though. This book reminds me of what it's like to have people in your life that have unaddressed mental disorder. It's very hard to maintain relationships when that happens. Bucky is really the only one who has a sense of what Namor is going through, though Sue might be a little more understanding as well given her time as Malice.
    A real in depth look at the mental issues Namor faces would be a good way to move this away from the "Mad King" trope Namor seems to be stuck in these days and address the trauma of having people constantly mess with your mind/possession. Bucky and Namor were really the two who went through alot over the years, they have alot in common.

Oh, these are awesome! I definitely need them for work. LOL!

Thanks for doing them!
    You're welcome!

Just saw this online, Humberto Ramos draws a Marvel Comics #1000 variant for 2019 D23 Expo exclusive, Namor is shown in the poster on the wall next to Hulk and OG Human Torch.

"Better get working on those forms, Namor! They ain't gonna get done by themselves!!" (Mean boss)

Yeah, I know, they are enough to give you a headache. Ah, I see you are pressing on your pressure points. That headache will soon disappear!" (Sympathetic co-worker)

I've been seeing pics from GameStop of the Funko Pop Namor, so if you want it earlier, you check there. My LCBS still doesn't have them.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    "Better get working on those forms, Namor! They ain't gonna get done by themselves!!" (Mean boss)

Yeah, I know, they are enough to give you a headache. Ah, I see you are pressing on your pressure points. That headache will soon disappear!" (Sympathetic co-worker)
    LOL! Who says Namor isn't sympathetic?

Just saw this online, Humberto Ramos draws a Marvel Comics #1000 variant for 2019 D23 Expo exclusive, Namor is shown in the poster on the wall next to Hulk and OG Human Torch.

I'm glad Ramos, unlike other artists, remembered Namor is the OG and the reason for the anniversary. Though, of course, he did pick an unused cover for Marvel Comics 2, that wasn't published because of editorial interference from Martin Goodman who thought The Phantom was the breakout star of Marvel Comics 1. From the very beginning, poor Namor was crapped on by editorial! Though, it is interesting that the book hadn't become Marvel MYSTERY Comics when Everett did the rough for #2 yet.

There's also a bit of Namor's head under Thor's near Iron Man's knee, from the Make Mine Marvel poster. There looks like tons of cool nods to actual Marvel stuff / merchandising in this -- it's probably the best cover for the breadth of 80 years. I'll have to take a much closer look.

Got my funkos today! I'm very happy with them (: Now I just have to wait until Marvel realizes they can take all money for a line of Namor funkos in different outfits XD

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Wow. Love those Funkos of Namor and the original Human Torch. I will have to be on the lookout for those at Gamestop.

Just wanted to stop by this thread to mention that I finally saw AquaMan on HBO the other night and I was impressed. And I don't even like Aquaman that much. The last time I remembered him being mentioned it was as a joke, like when the lead character in the HBO series Entourage got cast in an Aquaman movle.

In the DC movie, I like that they went full out with the mythos of Atlantis instead of some kind of cop out. The underwater scenes were beautiful. Why can't Marvel Studies get busy on doing a treatment like this of Namor?