Page 107 of 182 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 2721
    Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    That's so cool! You should retweet that to Tom Brevroot and C. B. Cebulski and whoever is the assistant editor on the Invaders book. Show them there are top writers with big ideas for a Namor ONGOING. Hmmm. Gives me ideas.

I've always thought Greg Pak had a soft spot for Namor, even he if he mainly does alt u Namors. His What If story and his recent Marvel Comics Presents story were amazing. His Toshiro Mifune half Japanese Namor, as well as his sea god Namor were cool, too. Though ... he was also a big Storm fan, and I don't think that worked out so well with his ongoing for her.

Someone who I think also likes Namor, and is aware of some obscure history, is Dennis Hopeless Hallum. He gave Namor a small role in Nara's history in Avengers Arena. He was the only one who used Namor in War of Realms. He did the Pietro Namor thing in Secret Wars House of M (though I think we can also thank Kris Anka for that). And digging deep, he used Pirate Namor in Spider-Woman's alt universe adventure! That was perfection, what with his relationship with Patience Drew!
    Just tweeted it to marvel and CB. Hope it gets their attention!

https://twitter.com/ImperiusWrecked/...590048776?s=19

Oh Pirate au namor from the spider woman book is a favorite of mine! I had no idea Hallum was the writer.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Yet another movie rumor for Namor. Do other characters get so many movie rumors?

Quote Originally Posted by GeeksWorldWide
    Exclusive: An upcoming Marvel movie is casting a character who sounds suspiciously like Namor, King of Atlantis.

The character, codenamed “David,” is described as a “ruler of an ancient, distant kingdom.” The studio is searching for an actor preferably of Asian descent.

UPDATE: Marvel Studios is also casting a “General” to go alongside the ruler “David” (still leaning towards an Asian actor).

https://thegww.com/exclusive-marvel-...be-in-phase-4/

They quote no sources, though it sounds like they are looking at casting calls. And they go on to speculate (wildly) that this is may mean Namor for Dr Strange. I think it far more likely it is for Shang Chi (possibly Eternals) and has nothing to do with Namor. David???
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Yet another movie rumor for Namor. Do other characters get so many movie rumors?

https://thegww.com/exclusive-marvel-...be-in-phase-4/

They quote no sources, though it sounds like they are looking at casting calls. And they go on to speculate (wildly) that this is may mean Namor for Dr Strange. I think it far more likely it is for Shang Chi (possibly Eternals) and has nothing to do with Namor. David???
    I assume it's a reference to the biblical king.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I assume it's a reference to the biblical king.
    That was my first thought also, but that just reinforces my belief that it isn't Namor. If it was referring to Namor, it seems it would have been a Greek king. It could be referring to the David and Goliath story, like this character is dealing with an oversized threat in comparison. I was thinking Gilgamesh might be a possibility, for the Eternals, but they've already cast him.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

That was my first thought also, but that just reinforces my belief that it isn't Namor. If it was referring to Namor, it seems it would have been a Greek king. It could be referring to the David and Goliath story, like this character is dealing with an oversized threat in comparison. I was thinking Gilgamesh might be a possibility, for the Eternals, but they've already cast him.
    While I don't think there are any clear analogs between King David and Namor, both are flawed protagonists that can simultaneously be viewed as a hero or villain depending on the point of view of whoever is telling their story.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Just tweeted it to marvel and CB. Hope it gets their attention!

https://twitter.com/ImperiusWrecked/...590048776?s=19

Oh Pirate au namor from the spider woman book is a favorite of mine! I had no idea Hallum was the writer.

Awesome!

I hope so too! It certainly can't hurt.

Yep! I thought it was a nice nod. Though in my headcanon, Jessica is a descendant of Namor.

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    While I don't think there are any clear analogs between King David and Namor, both are flawed protagonists that can simultaneously be viewed as a hero or villain depending on the point of view of whoever is telling their story.
    I don't know. I think David is supposed to be universally beloved, despite his flaws. I mean, he IS Jesus' ancestor.

But then ... there was that Bathsheba thing.

And Llyra would LOVE to cast herself as the Queen of Sheba.

And then there's Absalom.

Hmmmm. This is looking more promising.

When I heard the code name "david" my only thought was, please marvel dont make Namor, Nix. You know from that terrible 2004 script. I really disliked that whole script, the only thing i would have kept was those cool described eye effects for a future film but i would throw everything else out.

Invaders #8 preview link here!
    wild stuff. This should be worth picking up in TPB form.

I thought this was going to be released on the 80th anniversary, i.e. August 31st, but it appears some stores already have the Funko Namor! So, keep an eye out, your store may have it tomorrow... or maybe at the end of the month.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1IK3GPn...on_share_sheet

I think they both look great! And yes, that is a 500 on Namor's box. It's taken 499 Funko Pops for us to get a Namor.

When I heard the code name "david" my only thought was, please marvel dont make Namor, Nix. You know from that terrible 2004 script. I really disliked that whole script, the only thing i would have kept was those cool described eye effects for a future film but i would throw everything else out.
    I can't see that script flying now. Especially after the Aquaman movie. Whether we like it or not, I'm pretty sure MCU will take it's cues from modern Namor and he'll be snarky and arrogant.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    wild stuff. This should be worth picking up in TPB form.
    I've really enjoyed it, for the most part. It's been worthwhile in floppies ... and trades, for me.

Awesome issue of Invaders today. Some great stuff (Yes! Bucky!). And some stuff I'd have rather have NOT seen yet again (Sue??? Again?), but at least Zdarsky didn't make it too painful.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    Marvel Mystery Comics #19 (May 1941). The Sub-Mariner being convinced by Betty Dean to fight Nazis, seven months before the US declared war against Germany. Art by Bill Everett.
    Such a great page! Thanks for posting it Thor-El!

I'm pretty sure this is a scan of an original book, since Namor's hair is red. I love that panel where's kicking the dirt / snow. And things NEVER change for Namor. Betty working her wiles on a willing Namor, even if he "sacrificed my stuff and my Atlanteans fighting for you" and the whole, "I'm tired of fighting." LOL!

And readers new to Golden Age comics always point out how much better Everett's art is to most everyone at that time. He's sorely underappreciated nowadays.

I thought this was going to be released on the 80th anniversary, i.e. August 31st, but it appears some stores already have the Funko Namor! So, keep an eye out, your store may have it tomorrow... or maybe at the end of the month.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1IK3GPn...on_share_sheet

I think they both look great! And yes, that is a 500 on Namor's box. It's taken 499 Funko Pops for us to get a Namor.
    Cute Lil Subby. Torch is complete with plastic flames on the head and base.

Awesome issue of Invaders today. Some great stuff (Yes! Bucky!). And some stuff I'd have rather have NOT seen yet again (Sue??? Again?), but at least Zdarsky didn't make it too painful.
    I'm mixed myself on the issue but mostly bc I would have paid so much to never see Namor/Sue anything anymore, like I really hate the Namor/Sue/Reed triangle and wish Marvel would let Namor move past it! Other than that, everything else was very compelling and thank goodness it looks like the newly made atlanteans might get reversed. Bucky and Namor interactions are always great.

My store already told me they have my funkos on hold! I'm picking them up on friday!